Grand Cinemas Bans Children Under 5 After 7pm

Topic locked
Grand Cinemas bans children under 5 after 7pm Jul 19, 2012
Fantastic move and about time! I'm sick and tired of selfish parents dragging their children to age inappropriate films and disturbing other people:

http://gulfnews.com/about-gulf-news/al- ... -1.1050999

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Grand Cinemas Bans Children Under 5 After 7pm Jul 19, 2012
This isnt a solution , they need have stricter censorship rules and disallow movies they deem to be offensive in whatever way, something triggered this move, im betting some emarati kid must have fondled his teacher prompting this move
zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

I went to the movies in Dubai once...never again!
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Grand Cinemas bans children under 5 after 7pm Jul 19, 2012
I'm just wondering whether they will be able to implement it if someone pulls the 'do you not know who I am card' and looks official! :shock:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

zubbber , I don't believe in the 'big brother' approach at all. When you pay to go and see something, you're making a personal choice to do so. Sadly some parents don't understand that dragging their little ones to a loud, violent movie is harmful towards their children. Personally they should have adult only showings of films so others are not disturbed by children.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Good move, though I would prefer they started with shisha places
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

I went to the movies several times but don't remember any disturbances by young kids. It was adults on cell phones and teenagers acting like hooligans that were ruining the movie for everyone. Hopefully they do something about that.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

@chocoholic -I think the age of responsible parenting faded away a century ago, but i could be wrong, I still have faith in those who still live by some principles , judging by the way in which middle eastern parents raise their children it is imperative, that skin shock therapy should be mandatory for all arabic BOYS after the age of 10. IMHO
zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Thank you GC ! I don't think its about R rated movies at all, rather about snotty brats and their ignorant parents.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Grand Cinemas Bans Children Under 5 After 7pm Jul 30, 2012
I think it's only common sense that young children won't be a pleasant sight at the movies when it's past their bedtime and they're tired.
provpnaccounts
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat