It Finally Rained!

Topic locked
It finally rained! Apr 11, 2011
Hoorah! Have to say the electrical storm was fantastic. Even some hail about as well. Looks like we're in for some more over the next few days.

Just batten down the hatches for all the accidents, leaks and things that'll go wrong because of a little bit of rain :lol:

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: It finally rained! Apr 11, 2011
OMG! DD will be writing about all the leaks in that hell hole known as JBR next! :shock:
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: It Finally Rained! Apr 11, 2011
the lighting in the sky was amazing...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

cleaned up some of the grime...In-chilada!
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

It's raining it's pouring? This old man was snoring Zzzzzzz

:lol: :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Great lightening show seen from the Palm. Before the rain, the winds created huge dust clouds from a sand area across the way. The winds blew off all the dead leaves on my plants and the terrace is covered with them. Wondering if I should sweep up now or wait for the weather to pass? Took kitty on the terrace with me a few times - she insists on going out with me when I have a ciggie - and the lightening scared the cr@p out of her, but she kept wanting to go back out!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

its a bit raining again this morning, and the sky seems still carrying something for us...
was waiting for this rain for sometime and here it comes on my day :bounce:
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Looks like the weather will be like this for the rest of the week. It's quite nice to actually have some weather for a change.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

For some reason this weather makes me productive. Between yesterday and today I managed to make a wonderful bolognese sause. Organized my drawers. Organized more clothing stacked on the shelves in cupboard. Sorted clothes - what is to go to charity and heavier items to be put away. Pulled some summer clothes that need to be rewashed. Loads of laundry washed and put in dryer.

Came across something strange for the second time. Hubby thinks he needs to swab deodorant on as if there is a puddle under his arms. Well, washed his undershirts, used the usual soap powder and a softner (I have a collection of them - like to change the scent), put them in the dryer and when I took them out it was as if some of his undershirts had plastic inserts in the arm pits!!!! This is not the first time it happened and I use bleach, so don't know why it's happening. He finds it terribly uncomfortable. :lol: :lol: Lucky for him it isn't happening to his drawers!!! I think it has something to do with the softner. Oh, well, another wash tomorrow to soften the shirts up!!!

I also watched 4 DVDs - Stone with DeNiro and Edward Norton - I think Norton was great in this and I generally like anything he does, whereas DeNiro is starting to bore me - except for the Fockers :lol:. Watched Frankie and Alice with Halle Berry which was based on a true story. God that woman is absolutely beautiful!!!. Also watched Morning Glory with Diane Keaton and Harrison Ford - chick flick, and The Mechanic - guy movie. Will finish a book tonite and start a new read.

I hope this weather passes soon. If it doesn't, I'm going to run out of things to do!!!! I mean, how many DVDs can one watch in a day and how much reading can one do in a day?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

And finally a thread that's relevant to Dubai. Viva Chocoholic!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:And finally a thread that's relevant to Dubai. Viva Chocoholic!

Not true MCL. DD started a thread about the stink in his apartment at JBR - located in Dubai!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: It finally rained! Apr 12, 2011
Bora Bora wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:And finally a thread that's relevant to Dubai. Viva Chocoholic!

Not true MCL. DD started a thread about the stink in his apartment at JBR - located in Dubai!!!!

Besides, there is a heap of Dubai this, Dubai that boards withing this forum...This is the "General" board...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: It finally rained! Apr 13, 2011
Ambassador wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Besides, there is a heap of Dubai this, Dubai that boards withing this forum...This is the "General" board...

In case you didn't notice, which obviously you didn't, this board is called DUBAI General Chat - NOT anything goes general chit chat!

The rain has been great, although the maniacs on the roads make it a bit more interesting than they usually do. Watching them hit a puddle then freak out, as they've not idea what to do.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: It Finally Rained! Apr 13, 2011
Please..........as if you NEVER mentioned another country. Didn't you mention Singapore? Thailand? Mom and Dad in Australia? Do as I say don't do as I do seems to apply here.

When did you become the DF police???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Just pointing out Ambassador's mistake - that's all!Of course stuff goes off topic and ventures into other areas, but the point is the lead topic should be relevant to HERE to begin with. So many threads are just tripe, about nothing and not in anyway relevant to here at all.

Hence the title -DUBAI GENERAL CHAT - or is that a little past the basic comprehension of some people round here? Clearly it is!

FYI, I wasn't talking to YOU in the first place! So go stick your sticky beak somewhere else!

What you going to do BB? Start insulting my fmaily, my boyf etc etc again? Yeah cuase that's your MO isn't it? Oh how predictable - boring - move along now!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Just pointing out Ambassador's mistake - that's all!Of course stuff goes off topic and ventures into other areas, but the point is the lead topic should be relevant to HERE to begin with. So many threads are just tripe, about nothing and not in anyway relevant to here at all.

Hence the title -DUBAI GENERAL CHAT - or is that a little past the basic comprehension of some people round here? Clearly it is!

FYI, I wasn't talking to YOU in the first place! So go stick your sticky beak somewhere else!

What you going to do BB? Start insulting my fmaily, my boyf etc etc again? Yeah cuase that's your MO isn't it? Oh how predictable - boring - move along now!

Gee you didn't specify WHO you were talking to. I thought this was a public forum and everything posted was for everyone to read. If you had someone in mind please PM them in the future so you can keep it private.

BB talking to Chocs: Rain??? Yeah, interesting topic. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Right up there with the tripe, but just a tad more interesting than you. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

MO?? Have you been reading DDS's posts?? Because that isn't very original. But then again, one doesn't really expect much from you. And based on your MO: are you going to put your big boy pants on and threaten to beat me up?? :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

It was still trying to rain as I drove home - yay! Surprising that we haven't have the BIG rain this year though, you know where all the roads flood and it turns into a complete disaster - oh well I can only wish :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: It Finally Rained! Apr 14, 2011
yea, for a minute i thought it is going to rain again but didn't :(...
UAE is getting less rains every year i guess...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: It finally rained! Apr 14, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:In case you didn't notice, which obviously you didn't, this board is called DUBAI General Chat - NOT anything goes general chit chat!

I wonder if DF could even survive if every post had to be only about Dubai. This forum is boring as it is. Imagine if ONLY posts about Dubai were allowed to appear on it.

For example, in DUBAI Politics, have you ever seen a post about Dubai in the last 12 months or so. I myself cannot remember seeing any!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Chocoholic wrote:It was still trying to rain as I drove home - yay! Surprising that we haven't have the BIG rain this year though, you know where all the roads flood and it turns into a complete disaster - oh well I can only wish :D

What a strange person you are. If you aren't whinging on about people's posts you are wishing for a complete disaster on the roads. There must be a name for a personality such as yours, but it escapes me for the moment.
Bethsmum

Good Grief habibi and habibti's! Why don't you women just get together sometime and have a drink or something. Can't imagine such like-minded femmes dueling over utterly nothing. Tom Jones can always play referee....just in case. :lol:

PS I'd just like to add three seemingly lovely like-minded femmes. :D

I too would like to see some major rains here . Can't wait to play some football in the rains...
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

MCL. Bora and BM will be getting together sometime very soon! I would love to think that Mel could join us but it may have to be in the future somtime! TJ would be a very welcome guest at our 'get together' and I know he wouldn't be playing referee, it all be a group hug :D You're welcome to join us MCL

I can't speak for Chocs, MCL :blackeye: She doesn't seem to be partial to BM or BB or Mel or many other people for that matter. I can't imagine she's a very good drinking partner :x
Bethsmum

Misery Called Life wrote:Good Grief habibi and habibti's! Why don't you women just get together sometime and have a drink or something. Can't imagine such like-minded femmes dueling over utterly nothing. Tom Jones can always play referee....just in case. :lol:

I too would like to see some major rains here . Can't wait to play some football in the rains...

Like-minded MCL??? Well, BM and I, along with a few other people don't go around threatening people with physical harm and we definitely have a sense of humor, not a humor failure, nor are we boring and in general we haven't set up our own rules for people to follow and go nipping at the heels of everyone who don't comply. I don't see how you can say Chocs fits the same profile as we do. :) Chocs is pretty much an original. :twisted:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bethsmum wrote:MCL. Bora and BM will be getting together sometime very soon! I would love to think that Mel could join us but it may have to be in the future somtime! TJ would be a very welcome guest at our 'get together' and I know he wouldn't be playing referee, it all be a group hug :D You're welcome to join us MCL

I can't speak for Chocs, MCL :blackeye: She doesn't seem to be partial to BM or BB or Mel or many other people for that matter. I can't imagine she's a very good drinking partner :x

Its a shame I will not be in Dubai to meet you guys as well, have a great time.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: It Finally Rained! Apr 14, 2011
You will be missed Sage!!! :) But you do plan to return at some point in time. Oh, to think of the laughs if you could be there, along with Mel. I wouldn't hesitate to invite Ambassador!!, then again, he did say he just weaned himself off the bottle so I don't know how much fun he would have. :alien:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

No rain today :( just a few spots.

-- Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:27 pm --

Misery Called Life wrote:Good Grief habibi and habibti's! Why don't you women just get together sometime and have a drink or something. Can't imagine such like-minded femmes dueling over utterly nothing. Tom Jones can always play referee....just in case. :lol:

Yeah sports in the rain are fun, I used to really enjoy cross country running, although might not be so much fun running down sticky sand dunes lol
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocs, you could be Miss Wet T-Shirt! Or have you already been that too?
Bethsmum

Rain, rain, rain, rain, doing th rain dance chugga chugga chugga, toodle-whooooo.

I want rain!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Bethsmum wrote:Chocs, you could be Miss Wet T-Shirt! Or have you already been that too?

More like Miss Wet Blanket
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote: It's called experience Dillon, I have worked in the Building Services Industry for more than 40 years, out of which 21 years of that have been in the Dubai and the UAE. That may not count for anything in your eyes however it does give one fairly good knowledge of what goes on. If you ask me to comment on the Structure of a building I will not because that is not my field.

sage & onion wrote:More like Miss Wet Blanket

So can we deduct from your comments that you also have a vast personal experience in acting like a wet blanket too Sage?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat