Fatal Accidents Are Increasing...

Topic locked
Fatal Accidents are increasing... Apr 11, 2009
"A 19-year-old Emirati motorist has been detained by police after a 15-year-old British girl died after his car crashed into her yesterday. One shop manager said she saw the 15-year-old girl’s head hit the front headlight of a white Toyota Land Cruiser."

It is really sad about such news...

http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id=76404&title=Driver%20detained%20after%20teen%20dies

What do you think??

Vera.

vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2009
Land Cruiser
Pankaj
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 11, 2009
That roundabout i a nightmare for pedestrians, there are crossings, but no-on ever stops and the lights have the stop button on them for people to use, but no-one ever does. Cars always go racing up there at ridiculous speeds, so it was only a matter of time.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 11, 2009
laws here are not tough enough to stop those guys from this reckless driving not to mention the 0 awareness of such driving behavior . I don't even think that the black points are a reason to make them think twice before driving down the roads with such carelessness for others lives. I feel sad for the girl family..
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 11, 2009
laws here are not tough enough to stop those guys from this reckless driving not to mention the 0 awareness of such driving behavior . I don't even think that the black points are a reason to make them think twice before driving down the roads with such carelessness for others lives. I feel sad for the girl family..
uaekid

Apr 11, 2009
Say it with me:

Enforcement. Enforcement. Enforcement.

Laws don't mean jack when they're not being enforced.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:Say it with me:

^

This so true, you would have thought the simplist law to enforce was excessive window tinting, I wonder why they just ignore these blacked out vehicles?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 11, 2009
I think the issue with tinted windows is that they are suposed to protect a womens privacy.......
The other day I ws standing in my balcony, observing an accident.
There was a two parties involved male in one car and and there was an arab women, in a abaya in the other car.
After the accident the women did'nt exit her car.....she called in a male companion to deal with the issue.
The police arrived and they too waited for the male companion to arrive before commencing investigations....this obviously resulted in a traffic jam!
My point being if a woman ain't willing to exit her car during an accident, it definately won't be permissable for passerby's to just stare at her through untinted windows........
I think thats why cops let off cars with tinted windows...
The other day I went to pay off a fine, and there was a local who paid off 30,000 Dhs in fines. I think they are definately enforcing the laws....
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 11, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
gamercowboy wrote:Say it with me:

^

This so true, you would have thought the simplist law to enforce was excessive window tinting, I wonder why they just ignore these blacked out vehicles?

the problem is the black brains not the blacked out vehicles sage.
uaekid

Apr 11, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:I think the issue with tinted windows is that they are suposed to protect a womens privacy.......
The other day I ws standing in my balcony, observing an accident.
There was a two parties involved male in one car and and there was an arab women, in a abaya in the other car.
After the accident the women did'nt exit her car.....she called in a male companion to deal with the issue.
The police arrived and they too waited for the male companion to arrive before commencing investigations....this obviously resulted in a traffic jam!
My point being if a woman ain't willing to exit her car during an accident, it definately won't be permissable for passerby's to just stare at her through untinted windows........
I think thats why cops let off cars with tinted windows...
The other day I went to pay off a fine, and there was a local who paid off 30,000 Dhs in fines. I think they are definately enforcing the laws....

The legal level of tinting is 30% and it should be enforced.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Tears filled my eyes... Apr 12, 2009
My eyes filled on reading this....

No more words to say!!

Only prayers for parents who lost the soul of their lives.

Vera.
vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 12, 2009
this is shocking. It is a case of multiple reasons here

1) Power tool in the hand of inexperienced drivers.
2) No regard for human life.
3) Thinking people are superior coz they are born with golden spoon.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 13, 2009
worldguy wrote:this is shocking. It is a case of multiple reasons here

1) Power tool in the hand of inexperienced drivers.
2) No regard for human life.
3) Thinking people are superior coz they are born with golden spoon.

This is deep
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 13, 2009
Look the motorist did'nt mow down the girl on purpose. It was an accident. What's unfortunate is that the authorities don't seem to take a strong enough stand.....just pay some blood money and off you go....Firstly there has to be equality on the roads, everone has to abide by the laws, if you can't then don't get into a car. The system has to be rectified ASAP....
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 13, 2009
Clearly he didn't wake up that morning and plan it. But how come when an expat is in the same position it isn't an accident and are held in jail? Under the same circumstances it appears that expats kill pedestrians, but locals have "accidents".
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 13, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Clearly he didn't wake up that morning and plan it. But how come when an expat is in the same position it isn't an accident and are held in jail? Under the same circumstances it appears that expats kill pedestrians, but locals have "accidents".

I think you may find that the 19 year old driver is also in jail at the moment
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 13, 2009
At the end of the day, its about road awareness (whats around you when driving), lane awareness (using the correct lanes) and abiding by the laws that govern the road.

Yes, basic things, but how mant times at say a roundabout have you seen the person in the very left lane, try and cut accross two lanes to go straight, when that lane is for going left only?
How many times do you see people not wanting to sit too far back in the traffic so will push forward to the front of the queue and so doing block the other lane whilst trying to force their way in?
How many times do you see people all of a sudden swerve accross 2-3 lanes to get to their exit?
How many times do you see said people who miss their exit reverse up the hard shoulder?
How many times do you see people crossing SOLID white lines?

In most countries this is classed as "driving with undue care and attention" punishable by a fine and points off your DL - here, it is the done thing.

Count the above in a single day, you will be amazed, I am. And you know what, the do not care a feck about what the consequences of their actions are to the people behind them.

Basic road awareness is sadly, sadly lacking in this Country.

As people have also said: young kids who have just passed their DL's driving 300-400bhp cars is tantamount to commiting suicide, plus murder (as they kill others).

rant over.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 13, 2009
Well spoken yorky.....The police need to start an awareness campaingn tout de suite....and this campaign needs to start at home, that is with members from their own community. Or else they will start a campaingn adressing the Expat community and it really won't solve anything....

Teens driving super cars? Well as long as it's drilled in their heads nice and firm that breaking the laws is just not acceptable, then it's alrit. This is one menance the local community is going to have to fight together i.e elders need to lead by example and drive home the fact that no one is immune to the laws, police need to show equality and fine all offenders....

And why can't people just use the pedestrian crossings?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 13, 2009
I was just considering of applying in KSA so have been screening those expat fora available to find info about rules, culture and a bit of clubbing etc.

One thing that stands out there according to expats, is the reasonably low amount of car accidents in relation to the Big local Car and Little expat car bashings on KSA roads and highways with the average speed rolling at 120kmh.... one expat said.

Would that lower the accident rate, because they eliminate women from driving!?? :lol: It sure works if thats the case ;)

Let me hear those ladies out there !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 13, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Clearly he didn't wake up that morning and plan it. But how come when an expat is in the same position it isn't an accident and are held in jail? Under the same circumstances it appears that expats kill pedestrians, but locals have "accidents".

So they say.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

So they say.

Well to be honest, thats all we have to go on.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 14, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

So they say.

True, but I don't recall it being mentioned that he was in jail, just being investigated. When it's an expat no one needs to tell us they are in jail, we just know it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 14, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

So they say.

True, but I don't recall it being mentioned that he was in jail, just being investigated. When it's an expat no one needs to tell us they are in jail, we just know it.

We can only live in hope of equality
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat