Expect This Only From The Egyptians. Two Photos!!

Topic locked
Expect this only from the Egyptians. Two Photos!! Sep 17, 2010
Pg-41-egypt-main_454882s.jpg
The actual photo at the White House, during the recent Middle East peace conference.

Al-Ahrams-Photoshopped-im-006.jpg
The doctored photo published in Al-Ahram Newspaper, the leading daily paper in Egypt!!!

As you can see, the photoshopping is too sloppy and noticeable. The shadows are wrong and the cutouts are obvious!!!!

Here is the full story from the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/se ... et-picture

:) :)

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Expect this only from the Egyptians. Two Photos!! Sep 17, 2010
:lol: that kind of manipulation happens alot here!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote::lol: that kind of manipulation happens alot here!

I think this is more like "forgery" than manipulation!!!!

:) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Expect This Only From The Egyptians. Two Photos!! Sep 17, 2010
I love the fact that they are grooming Jamal to take over as President. I guess they figure that the votes are in. How many years did Mubarak run for president with no opposition?? And when he did have opposition they ended up in jail, or dead. Democracy is alive and wellin Egypt!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

It's the 'Model-T' version of democracy - you can vote for whoever you like, as long as it is Mubarak! ;)

Those crazeee Egyptians - always good for a laugh!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

They certainly are funny. My husband has a great sense of humor and quite the jokester.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

It is not just that they put Mubarak in the "leading" position but it appear to be a different photo of him. Why did they have to change the color of the border on the carpet too.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

I dont thins the photo is different, it s like the same photo in the mirror! look at his tie and his hands!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:I dont thins the photo is different, it s like the same photo in the mirror! look at his tie and his hands!

That is what I thought at first but the hands are at different elevations (look at the one without the bit of shirt cuff showing).
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:
melika969 wrote:I dont thins the photo is different, it s like the same photo in the mirror! look at his tie and his hands!

That is what I thought at first but the hands are at different elevations (look at the one without the bit of shirt cuff showing).

I was also looking at the cuff, it seems to be another photo, this is actually quite amazing that someone would actually do this and publish it.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oooops!!! Look at Mubarak's tie in both photos. Going in two different directions.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Oooops!!! Look at Mubarak's tie in both photos. Going in two different directions.

That part can be explained by "mirror imaging" the position of the hands (length wise) can't.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

hmmm, as an Egyptian I have seen much of stupid and dump actions from the government, but this time it is really funny, and just another prove that Mubarak and his followers must go...

I pray for you Egypt...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

sage & onion wrote:I was also looking at the cuff, it seems to be another photo, this is actually quite amazing that someone would actually do this and publish it.

And you have to be blind in three eyes to actually believe it, btw whats the point of such poor cutn pastes jobs ?

-- Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:33 pm --

BTW dudes 82 ! Looks pretty great for that age specially compared to old leather face Gaddafi who is much younger at 68

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Expect This Only From The Egyptians. Two Photos!! Sep 18, 2010
Bora Bora wrote:I love the fact that they are grooming Jamal to take over as President. I guess they figure that the votes are in. How many years did Mubarak run for president with no opposition?? And when he did have opposition they ended up in jail, or dead. Democracy is alive and wellin Egypt!!!

The future for Egypt is really looking pretty grim.

Al Barad’ei (The former UN nuclear guy), on whom many of Egyptians had placed a lot of hope, says he is now not planning to run for President.

Mubarak is expected to kick the bucket any day now. He will be leaving a big power vacuum behind. He has not even appointed a Vice President.

His son, Gamal, who as you said, is clearly being groomed to replace Dad, is very corrupt and vehemently disliked by most Egyptians, esp. by the Muslim groups, like the Muslim Brotherhood.

Yes, Mubarak brought a lot of stability and openness to Egypt, but he also caused poverty to swell dramatically, and corruption to flourish to alarming levels.

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Expect this only from the Egyptians. Two Photos!! Sep 18, 2010
hi there, just found a new nice picture regarding this subject,
looool

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... =fbx_album
hehe
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: Expect This Only From The Egyptians. Two Photos!! Sep 19, 2010
Bora Bora wrote:They certainly are funny.

Yes, they are:

"The expressionist photo is ... a brief, live and true expression of the prominent stance of President Mubarak in the Palestinian issue, his unique role in leading it before Washington or any other,"

Egypt paper defends doctored photograph
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Expect this only from the Egyptians. Two Photos!! Sep 19, 2010
Here comes the new boss...same as the old boss!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

hmmm, well, Egyptians are funny, or at least they are not miserable like some others,
they have a lot of troubles in their lives, and mostly come from the government and the governing party...
( we can argue about that for years)

In general they meet their problems and face it with jokes, they don't really like crying on street...

and it is too unfair to say "Expect this only from Egyptians" coz there is 80+ millions in Egypt,
happens that the worst is ruling :(... and i am sure not the 80 are that bad, i haven't meet them all, but i am sure.

just information you don't know, the newspaper published the picture is a government one (number one actually )
all other clean newspaper just attacked this article, and made more criticism than you did,
and about their justification it is just another crap. And the link i uploaded above was made by Egyptians as well and on the top of it it says " Never you mind president here you go" and they put lots of his pic all over the picture...

Anyway I don't like attacking groups, so it is wiser if you people don't attack countries.
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

You are right Mahmoud, I believe OP was talking abt Egyptian government, not Egyptians as all.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Expect This Only From The Egyptians. Two Photos!! Sep 20, 2010
melika969 wrote:You are right Mahmoud, I believe OP was talking abt Egyptian government, not Egyptians as all.

Relax Mahmoud...

As Melika said, we're not making fun of ALL Egyptians!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat