Is Emiratisation Working?

Topic locked
Is Emiratisation working? Feb 14, 2006
Emiratisation is a success, however it will lead to really bad consequences

I think the word emiratisation means putting more national workforce replacing expatriate, but the main question is: Are they putting the right people in the right place, oh wait there arent many "right" nationals. I think its very common to see unefficieny among nationals. check out the post office or other government buildings, u will get the answer whether emiratisation is really working.

bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 14, 2006
I think that emiratisation is necessary in the long run and will be successful, but definitely there will be a long period of awkward and inefficient functioning in the meantime.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 14, 2006
It's really working great for us. For the price of having 3 indians sitting there doing nothing all day, we have just one emirati - that's efficiency.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 17, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:It's really working great for us. For the price of having 3 indians sitting there doing nothing all day, we have just one emirati - that's efficiency.

hehehehehe That was sarcastic statement eh? :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 18, 2006
Emiratisaion is a good thing, so long as the people are trained properly and have the relevant qualifications and experience. So many times it's obvious they have no clue about what they're supposed to be doing and all the work just gets off loaded to the expat workers.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 18, 2006
God is so kind that he always let the dumb people to born in rich countries so that their countries can take care of them :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 18, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:It's really working great for us. For the price of having 3 indians sitting there doing nothing all day, we have just one emirati - that's efficiency.

wut r u sayin? 1 emirati is much more expensive than 3 indians! well... it do saves space, electricity, water, sugar and tea though so I guess its even :)
ross392
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 18, 2006
ross392 wrote:

wut r u sayin? 1 emirati is much more expensive than 3 indians! well... it do saves space, electricity, water, sugar and tea though so I guess its even :)

I think XRW is being sarcastic ross ie he wasnt being serious, he was making light hearted fun at the situation in his office and towards the situation/subject. It wasnt meant to be personal.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 19, 2006
sniper420 wrote:hehehehehe That was sarcastic statement eh? :lol:

Gotta give credit where it's due, right? ;)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 19, 2006
ross392 wrote:wut r u sayin? 1 emirati is much more expensive than 3 indians! well... it do saves space, electricity, water, sugar and tea though so I guess its even :)

Hey, but try getting the Emirati to bring you your coffee in the morning, that's where the 'value added' services decline.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 19, 2006
arniegang wrote:I think XRW is being sarcastic ross ie he wasnt being serious, he was making light hearted fun at the situation in his office and towards the situation/subject. It wasnt meant to be personal.

Arnie, I think Ross managed to grasp the concept of sarcasm with his coffee, tea and sugar justification :)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

industry Feb 20, 2006
Its working form the govt. point of view . Probably the industry is not very comfortable with the result .

Today ,world is becoming a global market and entrepreneures and enterprises can move to places ,where they can have a smooth sail .

When Govt. intervene too much in the market , often results can not very encouraging .

regds
Sree
sree
Dubai Forums Member

Re: industry Feb 20, 2006
sree wrote:Its working form the govt. point of view . Probably the industry is not very comfortable with the result .

From the govt point of view - employed emirati = success. They do not look beyond this towards value added services etc.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 22, 2006
:lol: PMSL
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 17, 2006

if u wake up and see the real world the true situation is just the opposite - in my office 1 indian is doing the work of 3 nationals - all the nationals just sit , talk, laugh and pass away time ... but there are some exceptions who r really talented, sensible and accept the inefficiency of fellow locals.

if one day all the expats in my office take leave , then they have to close the office for locals dont know what to do without expats help ... this is the reality !!!
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 18, 2006
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 18, 2006
Mayflower wrote:

if u wake up and see the real world the true situation is just the opposite - in my office 1 indian is doing the work of 3 nationals - all the nationals just sit , talk, laugh and pass away time ... but there are some exceptions who r really talented, sensible and accept the inefficiency of fellow locals.

if one day all the expats in my office take leave , then they have to close the office for locals dont know what to do without expats help ... this is the reality !!!

he was sarcastic....like how eastern jewel is to her bf..... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 24, 2006
oops!!! too much work is killing my humor ... i totally failed to see the point here. ... thank u guys for enlightening me !!!
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat