Co__e Elements - A Fraud

Topic locked
Co__e elements - a fraud Jan 30, 2009
I think i shd post it here than the other board, so it reaches lot of people out there ...

Hi all,

I am a job seeker and after seeing an ad in Gulf News about this recruitment site (CO--ELEMENTS), I went to the website and uploaded my CV. Within 2 days I got a SMS message asking me to come to their office in Sh. Zayed rd for a personal itnerview. I was told that, lot of suitable vacancies are there, in their database, but to access that, I need to become a member and guess what, I have to pay a fee of AED 150 to become a member.

After much consideration, I became a member after paying the said fee (which is a big amt. for an unemployed person like me). But till now even after 2 months, I havent received a single call from this recruitment agency. And there is no proper response from them when I call them or email them.

So all of you guys, be aware of this scandal and dont pay even a single dhiram to any recruitment agency. I dont know if its proper to mention the name of the agency directly here. But I hope regular jobseekers will understand this agency - C---elements
I hope to spread this as much as I can so atleast I can save fellow jobseekers some of their hard earned money.

Cheers!!!

Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 30, 2009
Next time Look before you leap!
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 30, 2009
Thanks for the info.

But haven't you responded by visiting them on SZR?
I would go immediately and kick the crap out of them (so to speak) :P
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 30, 2009
CORE-ELEMENTS to be exact. my wife was a victim of this fraud. they are a bunch of douche bags to be honest. when we tried to retrieve the money, they would not further answer our calls. I hope those bastard fraudsters get whats coming to them. :x :x

to the thread starter, i surely hope you send your post to seven days or gulf-news. i was extremely angry during that time and i didnt of that, hopefully you will. btw, my wife was charged 100 dhs. that time and they give out a printed "certificate of membership" on a cheap a4 paper. my wife being new here in uae agreed, i really hope those bastards get whats coming to them (badly). :evil: :evil: :evil:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 30, 2009
Rule no. 1 : NEVER PAY THE RECRUITMENT AGENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 30, 2009
Do you have any proof that you paid them? If not, maybe you can get a friend to go to the agency with you and "register" but demand that a receipt be given. If they give one or they don't at that point you can tell them it is illegal to ask for payment. Once that is done, demand your money back. It would be great if you could get it on a recording (use names!!!) or video it from your mobile somehow.

If that is not possible, then I would suggest that you go back to their office, ask to speak to the manager and demand they give your money back. If they refuse tell them you will report them to the proper authority as well as get an article written in Gulf News. If they fluff you off, pick up your mobile and tell them that you are calling the police and if nothing, make the call and ask the police where you need to go to file a complaint.

I guess they think they are getting around it by calling it "membership", but the fact is they violated the law when they asked for payment to find you a job. Even if you don't have proof you can try registering a complaint with the proper authority - you have nothing to lose.

What kind of position are you looking for?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jan 30, 2009
So it's CORE ELEMENTS eh? At least now they have another entry on the internet under scam.

I'm sorry that you got conned, but next time do your research. Google Core Elements dubai scam and you'll see lots of people saying it's a scam.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jan 31, 2009
gtmash wrote:Rule no. 1 : NEVER PAY THE RECRUITMENT AGENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll:

And has been the No. 1 rule forever and a day :roll:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 31, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:So it's CORE ELEMENTS eh? At least now they have another entry on the internet under scam.

I'm sorry that you got conned, but next time do your research. Google Core Elements dubai scam and you'll see lots of people saying it's a scam.

I was also interviewed by them but i refused to pay them any fees in advance :D
freeneasy1
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 31, 2009
Contact Us

Core Elements Management Consultancy
P.O. Box: 122081
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Call Center Tel: 0097143289494
info@coreelementsmc.com
www.coreelementsmc.com
Our Locations:
Head Office:

Crowne Plaza Offices Tower, Sheikh Zayed Road
Telephone: 0097142730995
Direct Fax: 0097184685233
Branches:

21st Century Tower, 1st floor, Deira - Clock Tower
Telephone: 0097142689807
Direct Fax: 0097184685233
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 31, 2009
Yes, I definitely plan to go visit them in person and demand my money back. But I am not sure whether to go to police or not, because I dont have solid proof as theres no receipt and they gave just a piece of paper confirming the membership. Nothing is mentioned about the money paid in that sheet.

I know, I have been foolish enough, but then they were so convincing and the look of the office and the staff were too professional looking that you ultimately trust them.

Let me know if there are any other forums like this one, so we can spread the news and make people aware of it. Only if the affected people speak, we can expect a change. Our silence is their strength
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 31, 2009
wat abt jobsindubai.com? anyone know how reliable this agency is?
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 31, 2009
Mayflower wrote:wat abt jobsindubai.com? anyone know how reliable this agency is?

hehe, you are good at picking agencies. That one is an even bigger and longer-running scam than these core concept newbies.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Co__e elements - a fraud Jan 31, 2009
While searching for a job I received sms from them asking to come for an interivew. It was stated there 'No friends or relative allowed'
AbuDhabiGirl
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Co__e elements - a fraud Jan 31, 2009
AbuDhabiGirl wrote:While searching for a job I received sms from them asking to come for an interivew. It was stated there 'No friends or relative allowed'

that is strange
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 31, 2009
gtmash wrote:
Mayflower wrote:wat abt jobsindubai.com? anyone know how reliable this agency is?

hehe, you are good at picking agencies. That one is an even bigger and longer-running scam than these core concept newbies.

one of my friend got an email from this site telling her that they have lot of suitable vacancies and she has to pay 300 dhirams to have access to their database..luckily, she didnt pay as we r now wary of such sites due to my bitter experience.

i think we all can post such fraud companies and put it as a sticky
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 03, 2009
anything that is solely online is suspect.t he internet infrastructure in dubai is very weak and still being explored by businesses. beware of scams in other sectors as well. be very careful about your personal information
DubaiInformationSite
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Police Case Open Aug 26, 2009
If anyone has had a disagreement with core elements or feels they were not given the service they paid for, they should submit a complaint to the Dubai Police.

There is currently a case open at the Bur Dubai Police station. Please go down there and ask for Mr. Yousuf in room 19 I believe. The case # is 2009/21264 and please bring all the proof that you have. Receipts, emails printed, texts. Anything.
joeschmo
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Co__e elements - a fraud Aug 26, 2009
AbuDhabiGirl wrote:While searching for a job I received sms from them asking to come for an interivew. It was stated there 'No friends or relative allowed'

Did they ask you to come at 9pm? Be careful, there are lots of freaks out there..
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Core Element Interview Call Oct 13, 2009
I am very much helpful for your review for core element. As i have received call frm them and they asked me to come for interview tommorow 9. am. He also informed me that the office address and recruiter details will be sms on your cell number. He disconnected the call. I started thinking when did i register with them for job. I just search core element and i found your post. Thanks for saving my time and money. I appreciate your concern for saving innocent job seeker from their fraud and i am one of them .Pls keep psoting fraud companies or agencies for job recruiter so that more ppl will save from others too. I wish if there should be some agency from government and they register jobless ppl resume and forward them to companies ot their should be some system for companies who are seeking to hire staff should place their requirement to government agency or body. Thanks everyone
khzeeshan
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat