Driving In The Fog

Topic locked
Driving in the fog Jan 19, 2010
As I look out the window this morning I am thinking how many idiots I will see with the Hazard Warning Lights flashing as they speed along in the fog.

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Driving in the fog Jan 19, 2010
sage & onion wrote:As I look out the window this morning I am thinking how many idiots I will see with the Hazard Warning Lights flashing as they speed along in the fog.

but the reading of your post implies that you are typing/posting as you are driving. Unless you live next to the motorway!
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

I have just driven from Dubai to Abu Dhabi and was surrised to see how many "idiots" were driving with no lights at all. The fog was patchy, but in some places was quite thick visibility down to about 20-30 metres, and yet some people still don't see the need for lights.

The thing about hazard lights and their use in fog - I think some of it is down to the fact that some cars here DON'T HAVE FOG LIGHTS! Maybe this falls under the "Gulf spec"?

Mine certainly doesn't (Toyota Fortuna), but luckily i have an orange flashing light i stick on my roof every day. Seems to do the trick nicely....
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

BlueOrb wrote:I have just driven from Dubai to Abu Dhabi and was surrised to see how many "idiots" were driving with no lights at all. The fog was patchy, but in some places was quite thick visibility down to about 20-30 metres, and yet some people still don't see the need for lights.

The thing about hazard lights and their use in fog - I think some of it is down to the fact that some cars here DON'T HAVE FOG LIGHTS! Maybe this falls under the "Gulf spec"?

Mine certainly doesn't (Toyota Fortuna), but luckily i have an orange flashing light i stick on my roof every day. Seems to do the trick nicely....

The use of hazard lights in fog is wrong and dangerous (or any other flashing light including your orange one)!!!
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

How is using an orange flashing light on the roof of a moving vehicle wrong? And how is it dangerous???It's a SAFETY item.

That's what they are for. To warn other motorists of a moving vehicle. As seen on thousands of lorries, etc in this country.

And its better than nothing, in the absence of no fog lights, and its certainly better than hazard lights, which i agree is wrong. Most people who use the hazard lights probably have fog lights, but fail to use them.
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Remember, you're driving in a 3rd world country, just be extra careful, as you would be if you were driving in Nigeria or India.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

XPT wrote:
sage & onion wrote:As I look out the window this morning I am thinking how many idiots I will see with the Hazard Warning Lights flashing as they speed along in the fog.

but the reading of your post implies that you are typing/posting as you are driving. Unless you live next to the motorway!

As usual, always something negative to say.

For your information I was referring to the window of my house!!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
XPT wrote:

As usual, always something negative to say.

For your information I was referring to the window of my house!!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: I suggest you learn how to right a proper sentence then (use some of that free time that you are obvioulsy using posting nonsense).
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

I suggest you learn how to right a proper sentence then (use some of that free time that you are obvioulsy using posting nonsense).

"how to right"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

XTP is right about his rightings, it does not make it right, but too keep on righting about how others right does not seem right to me. Maybe when he rights he ought to consider what he rights and how he rights instead of commenting on others righting.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sometimes people don't get it write when they right a post.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Driving in the fog Jan 20, 2010
Bora Bora wrote:Sometimes people don't get it write when they right a post.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well my post was edited to make me look bad but who cares since it was kind of funny.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

XPT wrote:

Well my post was edited to make me look bad but who cares since it was kind of funny.

I don't think so!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

XPT wrote:

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat