Deaf People In Dubai?

Topic locked
Deaf people in Dubai? Sep 15, 2006
As I am deaf, I will be travelling to Dubai in few moths. I would like to know does hearing people treat deaf people well?

I can speak english fairly well but not perfect. Is there alot of deaf people working in Dubai? I mean professional job like I.T, engineering, etc. I have a lot of computing experence.

Shedy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 16, 2006
I cant honestly say if they are treated well or not since i dont know of any deaf person here. But you can be happy to know that just last week a law has been passed to ensure equal opportunity to people with disabilities. Just a hunch i dont think you will have any different of an experience from any other person visting Dubai from England.

I would be happy to show you around when you are here if you would be more comfortable having someone with you when you are hanging out. pm me if your interested.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
Wooh! I've just got home from clubbing lol. It's 3.19am now!

Thanks for info Maad. It is good to hear that new law has been passed for disabilities equal right. Wicked.

I am not too sure when im going to Dubai for holiday, maybe during xmas holiday. It is most likely I will be going with my friends or my family.

Tell me more about you MaaaD 8) What do you do for living.. :)
Shedy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 17, 2006
:)
Shedy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 17, 2006
Maaad

The world sure does need more genuine, nice, caring and generous people like you.

Respect my friend
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 17, 2006
arniegang wrote:Maaad

The world sure does need more genuine, nice, caring and generous people like you.

Respect my friend

Yeah he is cool.

*R*E*S*P*E*C*T*
Shedy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 17, 2006
I actually know Maaad in real life Shed - he's a well sorted guy

:wink:
arniegang

Sep 17, 2006
arniegang wrote:I actually know Maaad in real life Shed - he's a well sorted guy

:wink:

Oh cool! What does he do for living. what about you? :D
Shedy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 17, 2006
we wouldn't discuss this in open forum Shed - no offense intended
arniegang

Sep 17, 2006
Shedy i am in the IT field too .. :D We do have regular meetings for Dubai Forum hopefully when you are in town we will have one and you can come and meet everyone ..

arnie: just a drop in your ocean sir ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 17, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Shedy i am in the IT field too .. :D We do have regular meetings for Dubai Forum hopefully when you are in town we will have one and you can come and meet everyone ..

arnie: just a drop in your ocean sir ;)

Oh thats wicked! Yeah one day I will come for meeting ;) what you do in meeting?
Shedy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 17, 2006
either sing like a cat on a hot tin roof or do silly things with PSP's

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Sep 17, 2006
Shedy
welcome to the forums...we usually organise kareoke or bowling or just a general night out for meeting new people ...in december its gonna be the big event with Mr arnie coming down...so this gathering is going to be huge...meanwhile september ramaan kicks off...so a bit quiet on the going out front...though after ramadan we will organise a forum gathering...would be a pleasure to have you join in :D

cheers
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 17, 2006
i can confirm my attendance to meet my loyal subjects
arniegang

Sep 17, 2006
constantine wrote:Shedy
welcome to the forums...we usually organise kareoke or bowling or just a general night out for meeting new people ...in december its gonna be the big event with Mr arnie coming down...so this gathering is going to be huge...meanwhile september ramaan kicks off...so a bit quiet on the going out front...though after ramadan we will organise a forum gathering...would be a pleasure to have you join in :D

cheers

Sound wicked, I will try to come to Dubai on Xmas holiday.
Shedy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 17, 2006
arniegang wrote:i can confirm my attendance to meet my loyal subjects

Chief I saw that couple of times.. ehm hmmm :hollering:
my dear loyal subject.. i emancipate u to use it. ;)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 17, 2006
MaaaD wrote:I cant honestly say if they are treated well or not since i dont know of any deaf person here. But you can be happy to know that just last week a law has been passed to ensure equal opportunity to people with disabilities. Just a hunch i dont think you will have any different of an experience from any other person visting Dubai from England.

I would be happy to show you around when you are here if you would be more comfortable having someone with you when you are hanging out. pm me if your interested.

Do the same with me.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
:lol:
Shedy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2006
hey buddy.. whats up
..so u in dubai ??
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 20, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:hey buddy.. whats up
..so u in dubai ??

Yo...

I am chillin, you?

No, I am not in Dubai. I am in UK. I am planning to visit to Dubai soon :) What about you?
Shedy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2006
he shedy, you said that you are deaf, if you are deaf how can you listen to music, there I see headphone that you wearing it(in ur picture)

I don,t think u r deaf.
my habiby
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2006
hes moderately deaf habib... :roll:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2006
"I see deaf people!"

Welcome Sheds. Make sure you are here over christmas as there are usually some good gigs and parties. DF boys and girls tend to be all square and up for meeting new folks.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 21, 2006
my habiby wrote:he shedy, you said that you are deaf, if you are deaf how can you listen to music, there I see headphone that you wearing it(in ur picture)

I don,t think u r deaf.

You are lacking of deaf awareness.

Being deaf does not mean cant hear anything. I am half deaf which mean I can hear but low (like a low volume).

Some deaf cant hear anything which is called "Hard of Hearing".
Shedy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2006
*Threadjack warning*

I just wanted to say that you guys seem like such a bloody nice group of people I feel a hell of a lot more comfortable about my own planning to move to Dubai.

Cheers
boomtown
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2006
it is little story abut a guy he was blind. he try beeing smart. so he pretent that he is blind. but wasn't blind , he comes to city and he touch people. but he touch only woman's. so if the women react . he said sorry i,m blind. in this way he keep going to touch the lady. later people they found that this guy if he is really blind he shuold touch every one man or woman. but he touch only the lady's/ he got court and chrged with sexual abbuse. so please don,t miss understan me. if you are not blind or deaf, don.t pretent that. doubai people are very smart. so you get court and get falaked.

falak= old style punishement, it is slash on your back or on your under foot.
min 80 , it is made from animal skin (wripe), so you are lucky if not from horse skin hahahah
my habiby
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2006
my habiby wrote:it is little story abut a guy he was blind. he try beeing smart. so he pretent that he is blind. but wasn't blind , he comes to city and he touch people. but he touch only woman's. so if the women react . he said sorry i,m blind. in this way he keep going to touch the lady. later people they found that this guy if he is really blind he shuold touch every one man or woman. but he touch only the lady's/ he got court and chrged with fun abbuse. so please don,t miss understan me. if you are not blind or deaf, don.t pretent that. doubai people are very smart. so you get court and get falaked.

min 80 , it is made from animal skin (wripe), so you are lucky if not from horse skin hahahah

HP - you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time

:wink: :wink: :wink:
arniegang

Sep 21, 2006
my habiby wrote:it is little story abut a guy he was blind. he try beeing smart. so he pretent that he is blind. but wasn't blind , he comes to city and he touch people. but he touch only woman's. so if the women react . he said sorry i,m blind. in this way he keep going to touch the lady. later people they found that this guy if he is really blind he shuold touch every one man or woman. but he touch only the lady's/ he got court and chrged with fun abbuse. so please don,t miss understan me. if you are not blind or deaf, don.t pretent that. doubai people are very smart. so you get court and get falaked.

I am not pretending im deaf. I would put my hand on quran so you would believe me. I wear hearing aid.
Shedy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2006
Shedy wrote:I am not pretending im deaf. I would put my hand on quran so you would believe me. I wear hearing aid.

Chuck the insane banter of that guy mate.. Its all chill.. dont even think u've a deficiency.. we are all same ;)

and i'm in dubai.. just leaving the office in some time.. no plans as of now.

cheers mate
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 21, 2006
shedy there is no reason whatsover you have to swear to anyone over this. this dude is just tryin to be funny ...
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat