DAKAR Race

Topic locked
DAKAR race May 26, 2009
I'm an enthusiast of anything that goes on wheels and I keep watching DAKAR RACE program on discovery and the way those drivers handle them selves is so funny ! I keep thinking what in hill are those Europeans think they are doing ?

the way I see it is that they have no clue what they got them self into and have poor driving skills , I guess they are participating just to wear that racing uniform and making their childish dream comes true LOL acting like they are PRO drivers with their supporting technical teams ,gps systems and all that crap, talking how hard was the road condition after every race course , planning and mapping ( boring ) … my as* …they wont drive for 1 km without having an accident , it's like watching kids on a play ground. my advice to them is stay home and cook their morning bacon breakfast LOL.

And how about that survivor man show ? com'aan ppl we do these things for fun.

Leave these things to the UAE locals LOOOOL we will do all that in our own cars with only a bottle of water in hand.

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 26, 2009
guess they are participating just to wear that racing uniform and making their childish dream comes true LOL acting like they are PRO drivers with their supporting technical teams ,gps systems and all that crap

Yeah, because an Arab would never throw money at a hobby.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

May 26, 2009
Well I know a couple of People take part in professional motorsports including the UAE desert challenege hoping to graduate to the Dakar rally next.

Well let me tell you this, driving skill does not play a very important and crucial point as does logistics, techinal skill and support, sponsors and the amount of money your team can throw at it.

I can drive off road better than most of the Bu Jasims in there patrols going up and down Big red on a friday evening. But that doesn't mean if I enter the desert challenge with my beat up old 11 yr old car I will win let alone complete the race.

Driving skill is important but not as important as the fuloos you need to support your entry into such events.

If what you say is true G.C.C nationals would be wining all cross country rally events. Saed Al Hajri and Mohmmed Bin Sulayem were the only two know figures from the middle east in these sort of events.

Although keep an eye out for Al Qassimi and Nasser Attiya from Qatar who just wont the Italy WRC.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat