Attractiveness And Race

Topic locked
Attractiveness and race Aug 14, 2011
Interesting results from a survey on an online dating site.

I expect some excuses to be made that the media controls whom we find attractive - apparently it is the media's fault that most people find athletic / fit attractive over overweight and pudgy :roll: .

But I would say society's ideal of beauty pre-dates modern media and it's just as valid to reason the media is shaped by society as well.

It's also difficult to fault Western media for the results in the races surveyed that are still largely first or second generation immigrant communities.

Now, the question is, is it 'racist' as some others have claimed to be attractive to certain physical features? If the results showed most people were attracted to features associated with West Africans, would these same race baiters cry racism and media manipulation? I somehow doubt it.

http://www.aolnews.com/2009/11/12/revea ... tically-i/

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Attractiveness and race Aug 14, 2011
Interesting that in every category, its the females that score higher than males concerning whites' attractiveness. The question is about attractiveness, not physical attractiveness:

Not to be racist but which ethnicity do you find to be most attractive?

Concerning physical attraction, I have been called many times a racist for saying I am only attracted to my own kind.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Attractiveness And Race Aug 14, 2011
People tend to cluster fu3k togheter, just human nature.

Another attempt to troll....FAIL.
desertdudeshj

Re: Attractiveness and race Aug 15, 2011
There's no doubt there's selection bias - there's an obvious trend of races to favor to some extent their own race. But even for the males of all the races, white women also did well. I noticed that as well and the results were the opposite of what I expected - that males of various races would have preferred 'white' women more than females of the listed races preferred white males.

I also remember reading, in virtually all races, women tend to have lighter skin than males. Which is why I would have expected the results concerning gender selection for whites to have been reversed.

I think from personal experience, guys either tend to like a woman with fair skin, eyes and hair or a woman with olive skin, dark hair and possibly green eyes. The first type of woman would look like Michael Corleone's second wife and the second type would look like Corleone's first wife:

1st type: Fair skin, eyes and hair

2nd type: Mediterranean features; olive skin, dark hair and eyes

I also recall reading Blond women have lower testosterone levels than other women, so that would be a contributing factor why men are attracted to them (and yes, there was an actual study to determine that men have a preference for blonds)
event horizon

Re: Attractiveness And Race Aug 15, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:People tend to cluster fu3k togheter, just human nature.

I'm not sure what you mean here munchkin! You have a Filipino girlfriend aka wife. How are you sticking together? :shock:

I have to say, although I'm certainly not gay, I couldn't fancy another woman in a million years, I can appreciate beauty in a woman.
Surely you must be Asian to fancy an Asian woman? Those dark shadows under the eyes and round the mouth are so unattractive!
To me the Filipino women all look the same, flat chested, like boys, but with straight black hair, and don't forget the flip flops!
Bethsmum

The downside to Greek and Italian girls is that some of them can get quite hairy.
event horizon

Never date a girl with a better mustache than yours, EH!
Bethsmum

People in glass houses windbag, people in glass houses ..... :wink:
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Image

People in glass houses windbag, people in glass houses ..... :wink:

Munchkin! stop fantasising about BM! :drunken: BTW! I would never wear blue eyeshadow :shock: It wouldn't go with my dark brown eyes and blonde hair. My cheeks are like rose petals! Well the ones on my face anyways :D
I'd bet you'd love to see your brown skin against my white skin munchkin! Dream on :bounce:
Bethsmum

:pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeleft:
desertdudeshj

Blonde waitresses with big breasts get more tips, says study

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/828590-blon ... z1V3quYawy

Also interesting, providing some explanation for why blond hair and blue eyes are preferred:

A woman’s hair is an indicator to her health as well. Shiny, lustrous hair indicates vigor and vitality. Dull hair is found among the sick and aged. Blonde hair is judged most healthy because of how vibrant it is. Also many young women are born with blonde hair but as they age it becomes brown. So blonde hair indicates health and youth. It’s not an accident that women want blonde hair and that brown haired women get blonde highlights.

Blonde hair evolved in Scandinavia and northern Europe. Anthropologists believe this is because the women were wearing heavy clothing and a health indicator was needed to judge age....

And some may like to argue, “Well I prefer women with red hair. It’s all personal preference.” Overall though, research shows a strong preference for men to prefer blondes and for women to dye their hair blonde. You can find women dying their hair blonde all the way back in 15th century Italy. Even women in Iran today, with little to no exposure to Western culture, are dyeing their hair blonde....

Blue Eyes

What would eye color have to do with anything? Why would blue be preferred to green or brown? The best explanation for this so far is that the human pupil dilates when exposed to something we like. This happens in both males and females. Pupil dilation is a completely honest method for determining interest and attraction. It’s most easily visible in those with blue eyes, so it’s preferred.

You may think, “Well I didn’t even know the pupil dilated, how could I be basing my attraction on this?” Well, our brains do a lot of things unconsciously and you don’t have to be conscious of what it’s doing to notice the effects. You simply see her, she sees you and your brains notice the pupil dilation. It doesn’t matter if you consciously notice it. Only by studying body language books can you bring these thoughts to the conscious level. All kinds of psychological states are indicated by a person’s voice intonations, gestures, and signals like this. Most of our communication takes place at this level, not the actual words coming out of our mouths.

http://www.jasonsummers.org/why-men-lik ... ombshells/
event horizon

Bethsmum wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:People tend to cluster fu3k togheter, just human nature.

I'm not sure what you mean here munchkin! You have a Filipino girlfriend aka wife. How are you sticking together? :shock:

I have to say, although I'm certainly not gay, I couldn't fancy another woman in a million years, I can appreciate beauty in a woman.
Surely you must be Asian to fancy an Asian woman? Those dark shadows under the eyes and round the mouth are so unattractive!
To me the Filipino women all look the same, flat chested, like boys, but with straight black hair, and don't forget the flip flops!

I think that is extremely racist. Your implying that they all look the same? It's quite inconsiderate since I doubt you have seen all of filipino women. I have personally seen many beautiful filipino women, especially in dubai. I don't mean to be rude but that was offensive. I'm just saying.

But in relation to the statistics, where do they originate? America? People who are exposed to certain races, like in ads or on t.v. have seen more of them than other races. Therefore, we see more good looking white people than we do of other races. I think if you compare the most beautiful person from every continent you'll see that they somehow look similar or have similar features. For example; (going by the most known feature of asians, their eyes) an asian women with considerably larger eyes than average could get more votes then other women with smaller eyes.I think individuals who are considered beautiful to the majority have some what white american features. But not all people are the same, some white men chose other races over their own.
micha1234
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

All look the same in the dark
busa
Dubai forums Addict

micha1234 wrote:I think that is extremely racist. Your implying that they all look the same? It's quite inconsiderate since I doubt you have seen all of filipino women. I have personally seen many beautiful filipino women, especially in dubai. I don't mean to be rude but that was offensive. I'm just saying.

And you are quite entitled to say!
Yes, I do think Filipino women all look the same. There are some races where I can't see the beauty at all, and they are one of them. They are slightly more attractive that Aborigines, I'll give them that.

Maybe you should stick around a bit. You may come to realise that me and my little munchkin mate have a little thing going on. He calls me every name he can type and I insult his wife's nationality! It works for us :D
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:To me the Filipino women all look the same, flat chested, like boys, but with straight black hair, and don't forget the flip flops!

To me as well, but they are apaprently very attractive to quite a few Middle aged well off Caucasian men. In fact, judging by response of some random pilots in a ME Forum, Asian girls make the best girlfriends, wives, mistresses etc

-- Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:21 am --

event horizon wrote:Image

2nd type: Mediterranean features; olive skin, dark hair and eyes

I also recall reading Blond women have lower testosterone levels than other women, so that would be a contributing factor why men are attracted to them (and yes, there was an actual study to determine that men have a preference for blonds)

I dont think Appolonia can be considered to have "Olive" skin, its fairer than olive
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

You're starting to sound like a male version of puppypup
desertdudeshj

goddamniamsoawesome
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Well, what get's me off are those hairy little penguins that you see walking around MoE, you know the ones, smell like a mix of camel, pot pouri and bar-b-que and wear their glasses on the outside of their ninja hats, grrrrrrrr well Hello Kitty !!!!! (And guilded flip flops ....... excuse me gotta run)

:bounce:
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Attractiveness And Race Aug 16, 2011
Talk about a hit and run !
desertdudeshj

Blonde hair is a big turn off for Sym :shock: ..
As well as the very white (colourless) skin associated with blonde hair that is found a lot across Europe.

I prefer women of my own kind (Iranic, Arab, and Turk) only.

I DO NOT believe that other races are less beautiful than others, as beauty varrys as per the personal preferences.
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Attractiveness and race Aug 16, 2011
I always thought the beauty of beauty is that the more average a face, the more attractive it is considered.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

symmetric wrote:Blonde hair is a big turn off for Sym :shock: ..
As well as the very white (colourless) skin associated with blonde hair that is found a lot across Europe.

I prefer women of my own kind (Iranic, Arab, and Turk) only.

I DO NOT believe that other races are less beautiful than others, as beauty varrys as per the personal preferences.

Middle eastern woman can be very attractive, but geez, I know why Mohammed decreed that they be clean shaven (Oh yeah, is was the word of Alah wasn't it?). Otherwise you'd need to bring a wipper snipper with you to bed. That is of course unless you are a regular at hairy angles .com :lol: :lol: :lol:
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Attractiveness and race Aug 16, 2011
:roll:
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat