Country Of Choice

Topic locked
Country of Choice Aug 28, 2006
Dear Expats in DF,

If you will be given a chance to move in to another country again (for work), which country would it be? And why? :wink:

Thanks and Best Regards,
Zam :lol:

I need DF peeps insight....need to a better plan asap! :wink:

zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 28, 2006
interesting thread since i am right now pondering on whether to accept a position with our US office in Chicago. While alot of you guys might see it as a no-brainer, i actually took a decision to move to the UAE from the US two years ago and didnt really have any intention of going back.

i am very happy in Dubai and its home to me however if you want to progress within a multinational you probably will have to move back to Europe or the US at some point in your career, right ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2006
completely understand you Maaad.
Before coming to Dubai 2 months ago I was offered a job in our global HQ in New York, but turned it down.

Long-term I probably can't avoid going there, but in the meantime I made a nice career move into Dubai, so all good.

If you feel stuck in your current position --> move, if you're still enjoying it here and don't have to close any doors in the US stick around for a little while and get moving when you want to and not when somethign comes up..

I would probably want to move to the Far-East in a little while and then from there to the US, so I'll get a full "Around the World" career.
apl
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat