Common Spelling Mistakes

Topic locked
common spelling mistakes May 09, 2006
I know I make a few but it's getting worse and sometimes I get confused as to whether I am right or wrong.

Now I know my Bahraini-Pakistani-Nigerian-America-Canadian backgrouind might be messing up my english but I'd like some help guys.

For instance, is the plural of shrimp really shrimps? I honestly thought it was just shrimp. One shrimp, many shrimp...

Similarly for fish.. is it many fish, many fishes, or many fishies?

If 1 house + 1 house makes 2 houses. why doesn't 1 moose + 1 moose make 2 mooses.

Hard and fast rules on this? I look to my Brit-pats to help me out since they invented the darn language.

terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 09, 2006
wots yer problem, ther is nuffink wong wiv my spellin

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 09, 2006
wlel i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt

http://trucking4mendous.blogspot.com/
Alyapal
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2006
Alyapal wrote:wlel i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt

http://trucking4mendous.blogspot.com/

lmao
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat