Clubbing In Dubai

Topic locked
Clubbing in Dubai Sep 12, 2006
Sad to hear and read about some clubs/pubs that restrict single guy or girl to enter. Meaning you need to look for a partner in order to enter... is this true..?

Sunray
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 12, 2006
You should be a little more specific, name of club?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
depends...but yes most places do have a mixed group policies or couple policies...as clubs here try to even out the ratio of men:women...otherwise it might end up like a suasage fest with no girls in sight...also to avoid the hassle of guys fighting over the single attractive girl in the house...who everyone tends to forget, already has a boyfriend in tow...its quite hilarious and a bit pathetic if you think about it...and also some clubs' policies are a bit borderline racist(though they will deny this to your face) towards certain nationalities...such as indian, southeast asians...you would be given a lame excuse by the bouncer at the door...why do we still go to clubs like this i still wonder...not being bitter here or hypocritical...as i have yet to be refused entry...but it happens and is very commonplace...added to that the clubs over charge you...where as clubs all over the world charge you a cover, which includes a couple of free drinks at the least...on the plus side(yes there is one), the acts in here are getting better, and big names are making an appearance on a regular basis now...but policies and the bull$hit needs to disspear along with the gorrilla brained management and thier muppet bouncers :wink:
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 12, 2006
constantine wrote:depends...but yes most places do have a mixed group policies or couple policies...as clubs here try to even out the ratio of men:women...otherwise it might end up like a suasage fest with no girls in sight...also to avoid the hassle of guys fighting over the single attractive girl in the house...who everyone tends to forget, already has a boyfriend in tow...its quite hilarious and a bit pathetic if you think about it...and also some clubs' policies are a bit borderline racist(though they will deny this to your face) towards certain nationalities...such as indian, southeast asians...you would be given a lame excuse by the bouncer at the door...why do we still go to clubs like this i still wonder...not being bitter here or hypocritical...as i have yet to be refused entry...but it happens and is very commonplace...added to that the clubs over charge you...where as clubs all over the world charge you a cover, which includes a couple of free drinks at the least...on the plus side(yes there is one), the acts in here are getting better, and big names are making an appearance on a regular basis now...but policies and the bull$hit needs to disspear along with the gorrilla brained management and thier muppet bouncers :wink:

Sounds like a circus out there, not being one for clubs I cant say that I have experienced any of it, thankfully :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Sounds like a circus out there, not being one for clubs I cant say that I have experienced any of it, thankfully :lol:

hahaha...S&O...very well summarized...actually more like a MAFIA :wink:
constantine

Sep 12, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Sounds like a circus out there, not being one for clubs I cant say that I have experienced any of it, thankfully :lol:

Its a jungle out there S&O.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:

Its a jungle out there S&O.

Jungle sounds worse than Circus - I am staying home m8 :roll:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
errrmmm..what's a Club? Beat that Xlchick 8) 8) 8)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 12, 2006
Corcovado wrote:errrmmm..what's a Club? Beat that Xlchick 8) 8) 8)

:lol:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
corcs

its when you beat someone over the head...club him/her to death...hahaha :P
constantine

Sep 12, 2006
constantine wrote:corcs

its when you beat someone over the head...club him/her to death...hahaha :P

:lol: :lol:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 12, 2006

oh my corcs...

xlchick is contagious! :D
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 12, 2006
weary_heart wrote:

oh my corcs...

Yes HEEEEEEEEEELP !! 8) 8)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 12, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
weary_heart wrote:

oh my corcs...

errrmm ... how? :lol: :lol:

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
perhaps use the neanderthal meaning of "clubbing" perhaps... :lol:
constantine

Sep 12, 2006
There is no such thing as couples only. They only use it as an excuse not to let YOU in the club. They are trying to control the crowd by stopping people at the door. Sadly a lot of the places will not let you in because of your race.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
Er not true FeiPo, my boyfriend and his mate went to IBO last Thursday and they're as white as white can be and they wouldn't let them in because it was 2 guys.

If they didn't make it even as has already been said, all the clubs would just be full of guys, don't forget guys way out number women in Dubai.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2006
Jeevan wrote:
Corcovado wrote:
weary_heart wrote:

oh my corcs...

errrmm ... how? :lol: :lol:

J

Lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 12, 2006
FeiPo wrote:There is no such thing as couples only. They only use it as an excuse not to let YOU in the club. They are trying to control the crowd by stopping people at the door. Sadly a lot of the places will not let you in because of your race.

I am actually glad I don't go night clubbing, it would only get me in trouble, standing up for the underdog so to speak. 8)
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
its overrated and a bit of a let down...for me personally because it ends at 3 AM...whats the point...if you are having a weekend out...might as well see the sunrise... 8) ...and walk on the beach...ahem mind you over here...they might think you're a lunatic...hahaha
constantine

Sep 12, 2006
constantine wrote:its overrated and a bit of a let down...for me personally because it ends at 3 AM...whats the point...if you are having a weekend out...might as well see the sunrise... 8) ...and walk on the beach...ahem mind you over here...they might think you're a lunatic...hahaha

At this time of year I would agree :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
Well for some bizarre reason people in Dubai find it unacceptable to actually get to a club before 12.30am, so what do you expect? If they got their arses there earlier, then they'd have a longer night out.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2006
That is mostly ture... I am in the industry and some of my friends are working in the clubs.

They do that because of they are trying to control the number of people and the type (colour) of people. That's why it happen normally on the weekend only.

I think when your friends were trying to get in, the club was almost full... or the bouncer didn't like them!! of it was already too many male inside the club
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
That's what I meant, there were already too many guys.

I work in the industry too, but there are also other reasons and that's because certain people are perceived as more big spenders, than others. Clubs and bars will favour people who will put money behind the bar, as opposed to a group of guys who will share a bottle of water.

Sad that these preconceptions exist, but they do.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:That's what I meant, there were already too many guys.

I work in the industry too, but there are also other reasons and that's because certain people are perceived as more big spenders, than others. Clubs and bars will favour people who will put money behind the bar, as opposed to a group of guys who will share a bottle of water.

Sad that these preconceptions exist, but they do.

You mean groups of guys go to a night club and share a bottle of water, which kind of guys???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
constantine wrote:its overrated and a bit of a let down...for me personally because it ends at 3 AM...whats the point...if you are having a weekend out...might as well see the sunrise... 8) ...and walk on the beach...ahem mind you over here...they might think you're a lunatic...hahaha

At this time of year I would agree :lol: :lol:

i meant sunrise...not noon :P
constantine

Sep 12, 2006
I agree. I have seen those nationalities that you were talking about. They are ANNOYING!!!! They would order 3 coffee and a bottle of water with 10 people and sitting in a bar to watch the sport game for whole days. Not only that, they will keep asking for free peanuts as well!!

I have also seen a table of 8 people in a restaurant, order 3 salads n water, keep asking for free breads !!!!
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
Certain nationalities, which clubs are normal biased towards. They're not all like that, but that's certainly what many club managers think, and you can't blame the door staff as they're only acting on instructions from management. It's either that of the 'certain' guys who do nothing but stand around letching at the girls on the dance floor all night. And don't tell me it doesn't happen I've seen both of the above on regular occassions.

Many people forget that clubs and bars are businesses, they'll always favour clientele who will put money behind the bars, that's why they love the Lebanese, more money than sense, there are guys who'll think nothing or booking tables at 7,000Dhs a pop or order several bottle of champagne, just to impress.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2006
i dont go to clubs .. i only go to discos
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
MaaaD wrote:i dont go to clubs .. i only go to discos

what is the different between clubs and discos?
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat