Clubbing In Dubai

Topic locked
Sep 12, 2006
FeiP's you're clearly not old enough to know, Maaad is just showing his age. Watch out or he'll be swinging his pants all over the place and throwing some rather nasty shapes.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2006
FeiPo wrote:
MaaaD wrote:i dont go to clubs .. i only go to discos

what is the different between clubs and discos?

disco = only MAAD decked out in bellbottoms doing the boogie wooogie with girls of a dubious nature wearing lycra tight pants...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 12, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:FeiP's you're clearly not old enough to know, Maaad is just showing his age. Watch out or he'll be swinging his pants all over the place and throwing some rather nasty shapes.

OK so OLD people call night clubs 'Discos' <---- I get it now!
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
i think my definition of disco is betta!!! :P
constantine

Sep 12, 2006
FeiPo wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:FeiP's you're clearly not old enough to know, Maaad is just showing his age. Watch out or he'll be swinging his pants all over the place and throwing some rather nasty shapes.

OK so OLD people call night clubs 'Discos' <---- I get it now!

Exactly :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2006
Its the time to disco !!!

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
i want to go to the disco :oops:

someone take me with you!
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Its the time to disco !!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: just tell me where are you and your friends normally go, and we young gals will try to go else where !!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
Hmmmm nice! Old Skool throwback.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Certain nationalities, which clubs are normal biased towards. They're not all like that, but that's certainly what many club managers think, and you can't blame the door staff as they're only acting on instructions from management. It's either that of the 'certain' guys who do nothing but stand around letching at the girls on the dance floor all night. And don't tell me it doesn't happen I've seen both of the above on regular occassions.

Many people forget that clubs and bars are businesses, they'll always favour clientele who will put money behind the bars, that's why they love the Lebanese, more money than sense, there are guys who'll think nothing or booking tables at 7,000Dhs a pop or order several bottle of champagne, just to impress.
\

Aaaah Lebanese people ,can't live with them ,can't live without them 8) 8) 8)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 12, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Hmmmm nice! Old Skool throwback.

saturday night fever nostalgia coming on i feel...
constantine

Sep 12, 2006
constantine wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Hmmmm nice! Old Skool throwback.

saturday night fever nostalgia coming on i feel...

:rr: Last night a DJ saved my life :rr:
JackTheRipper
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 12, 2006
OMG - Here we go!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2006
ha ha ha ha staying alive, staying alive

YMCA

come on sing along, you know the words! hahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 12, 2006
I'm a scatman ! Ske-be-le-bo-bep-bop-balam-bom
JackTheRipper
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 13, 2006
Has it the post subject changed to Karaoke forum!?! I LOVE IT!!!!
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 13, 2006
Well clubbing in Dubai is overrated. It's true that we have some of the best DJs in the world spinning here every week but the night scene still has a looong way to go.

I get pissed off at clubs with the couples only policy, when one manages to get in they'd find that 75% of the people in the club are guys! Also, I am a huge house music fan, so the best club for me for that is Peppermint (Deep is equally good sometimes but I prefer Peppermint), I've heard all sorts of excuses by their door staff, couples only, IDs (I am under age but I usually manage get in to clubs because I look WAY older than 21), etc. the last (Which was by far the worst I heard) was that only regulars were let in, those idiots!! How can I be an idiot if you keep on rejecting me @ the bloody door for all sorts of stupid reasons!!

Also, 3 A.M.? That is a joke, what's even worse is that the international djs used to spinning 4+ hour sets spin for 2 - 3 hours max, they probably feel as if they're spinning to school kids rather than clubbers!

Agree with Choco on the Lebanese... For some reason they love to show off :S
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 13, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:Well clubbing in Dubai is overrated. It's true that we have some of the best DJs in the world spinning here every week but the night scene still has a looong way to go.

I get pissed off at clubs with the couples only policy, when one manages to get in they'd find that 75% of the people in the club are guys! Also, I am a huge house music fan, so the best club for me for that is Peppermint (Deep is equally good sometimes but I prefer Peppermint), I've heard all sorts of excuses by their door staff, couples only, IDs (I am under age but I usually manage get in to clubs because I look WAY older than 21), etc. the last (Which was by far the worst I heard) was that only regulars were let in, those idiots!! How can I be an idiot if you keep on rejecting me @ the bloody door for all sorts of stupid reasons!!

Also, 3 A.M.? That is a joke, what's even worse is that the international djs used to spinning 4+ hour sets spin for 2 - 3 hours max, they probably feel as if they're spinning to school kids rather than clubbers!

Agree with Choco on the Lebanese... For some reason they love to show off :S

well said omar
i wish dubai had a harder dance scene when i was there
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat