Be Careful What You Write - Fine For FB Insults

Topic locked
Re: Be careful what you write - fine for FB insults Jul 21, 2011
Why are you even butting in Dillon? Was anything aimed at you? er no - sticking your nose in where it's not wanted AGAIN!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Why are you even butting in Dillon? Was anything aimed at you? er no - sticking your nose in where it's not wanted AGAIN!

Grow up you dizzy princess this is a public forum
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Ambassador wrote:FB, unlike sites such DF are more likely to generate that kind of action (fines, etc.) because the posters know exactly who the other person is. Don't be surprised when the flood of slander lawsuits starts (it has started but not yet heard widely)...this is because slander is written negative/defaming statement communicated to a third party(ies) (e.g. Post on FB) about someone else. Note that the statement has to be false for it to be slander but therein lies the lawsuit.

Moral...post at your own risk.

Frankly i've read enough threats on this forum to suspect that if the identities where known someone would make a similar report to the authorities...

I agree with your observations.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

So, simply question. Was the court right to fine her? On the one hand I think it's pretty harsh, on the other it makes a damn good deterrent doesn't it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

desertdudeshj wrote:Still under the impression that you're something here in Dubai, eh ? Just because you know one ex copper, has DF taught you nothing ? Consider this I've been living here for over three decades, know the language, know the system you don't think I'd know anybody right ? ;)

A 13 yr old kid living in Karama has more influence in this country than you. LOL But I got better things to do than be a vengefull little moron like the person in the OP or you by wasting my time making threats or calling the coppers.

Are you joking munchkin? Are you under the impression that DF is educational? Well I never, that explains a lot!
You seem to forget that you are a Pakistani living in Dubai. No matter for how long and how well you speak the language, break the law and you are history.
I never claimed to have any influence here, and if I remember rightly I never threatened you with anybody. What I did was ask other dfers their opinion on someone living with their Filipino girl friend illegally. It was most amusing to read the replies which were mostly about imprisonment. I said I would ask my friend what he thought :D I have to say it was well worth the weeks ban I received. I haven't enjoyed myself so much since I can't remember when.
If I wanted vengence for you cross posting my posts, I could have got it munchkin, have no doubt. All I did was cross post yours in return. You only have yourself to blame!

-- Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:54 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:Oh heck are we back to this again? News flash BM EX-copper! Has zero power nor influence. I spoke to my friend who actually IS an active copper, he pissed himself laughing.

I suggest you ask him about the consequences of slandering someone on an open forum.

-- Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:00 pm --

kanelli wrote:And I simply could have answered, "There speaks the person who works in the background of DF by using PMs or email with another forumer to receive info on DDS, then uses the info publicly on the forum while giving a veiled threat to report DDS to police for illegal cohabitation because she didn't like what he posted about her on the forum."

Hmm, should BM be glad she shot her mouth off again?

You should have done and I would have had taken the great pleasure in telling you how wrong you were. You see there were no PM's or email involved. It was good old word of mouth. :D
What I did was cross post DDS posts from expat.com, just like he did to me first! LOL. Do you really think I'm bothered about what a Pakistani taxi driver thinks about me. Do give me some credit.

-- Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:02 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:Why are you even butting in Dillon? Was anything aimed at you? er no - sticking your nose in where it's not wanted AGAIN!

LOL I nearly chocked on my glass of Chardonnay! Good old Chocs, always there to have a good laugh at.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oh, good, I see Kanelli picked on another fight.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:Oh, good, I see Kanelli picked on another fight.

Just be thankful you aren't married to it FD
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:

Women with hair on their teeth is not my style.

Edit, forgot the: :D
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dillon wrote:

Grow up you dizzy princess this is a public forum

Have you noticed when you write b1tch on DF it changes to princess. Most annoying!
Bethsmum

Re: Be Careful What You Write - Fine For FB Insults Jul 22, 2011
Like I said wind bag is still under the delusion she is something in this country. Good for her, meanwhile I shiver in my boots waiting for the wrath of windbag to strike to me or more likely more hot air !

Here is a fitting poem I came across by Francis Duggan very aptly named Sir Windbag. Its frightening how perfect he describes our resident windbag ! Enjoy.

The big bloke with the loud voice puffs on his fat cigar
As he tells us all of how great he is down at the local bar
He talks about his business success his beautiful young wife and young family
And his three most used words not hard to guess are I, Myself and Me.

He has been told by more than one that he is over the top
And that to his over emphasis on self they would like him to stop
But he does not listen to their advice he just waffles away
Narcissism is like an incurable disease some have been known to say.

He tells us all of how marvellous he is Sir Windbag his nickname
In his own mind at least he feels he has great wealth and fame
And though others of him quickly tire few wish to hear him brag
And some people have an apt nickname and his is Sir Windbag.

The big bloke with the loud voice boasts of his brand new car
And of his job promotion and house extension down at the local public bar
But of him people quickly tire they find him quite a bore
You hear some say no not again we've heard that one before.
desertdudeshj

Re: Be careful what you write - fine for FB insults Jul 22, 2011

Oh really? For your reference...

Bethsmum wrote:
kanelli wrote:Exactly, MJ could have simply messaged EG and stated that her FB status could be viewed as offensive by her Muslims friends and just left it at that. What more is there to gain beyond informing her that it came across as insensitive? She could have hoped that her friend would remove the FB status, and if she didn't, then she has the option to un-friend her.

Basically, with ridiculous laws like this, people can trap others into making insults in order to get them charged and fined. Sounds great for emotionally unintelligent and vindictive people. If this trend continues, perhaps they will make a new courthouse called "The Court for Insults". Hey, it will be a great initiative for employing more Emiratis.

There speaks the person who works in the background of DF by sending PMs to get people banned, because she doesn't like what they post.

-- Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:52 am --

Bethsmum wrote:
kanelli wrote:And I simply could have answered, "There speaks the person who works in the background of DF by using PMs or email with another forumer to receive info on DDS, then uses the info publicly on the forum while giving a veiled threat to report DDS to police for illegal cohabitation because she didn't like what he posted about her on the forum."

Hmm, should BM be glad she shot her mouth off again?

You should have done and I would have had taken the great pleasure in telling you how wrong you were. You see there were no PM's or email involved. It was good old word of mouth. :D
What I did was cross post DDS posts from expat.com, just like he did to me first! LOL. Do you really think I'm bothered about what a Pakistani taxi driver thinks about me. Do give me some credit.

So you were conspiring to obtain info on someone behind the scenes by word of mouth - it is the same thing as doing it by PM or email. Even if someone gave that info to you unsolicited, you are the one who had the choice to use it or not. What you did was different than what DDS did to you, and you know it. You were horribly vindictive and you don't have the guts to acknowledge that what you did was wrong.

Look at how you tried to one-up DDS by threatening his off-forum life BM - if someone tries to one-up you in revenge it could very well end up just like this news article. All because people can't behave on the internet and think they are justified in damaging someone's offline life.

-- Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:59 am --

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:

Women with hair on their teeth is not my style.

Edit, forgot the: :D

So are you insinuating that I'm a lesbian who participates in oral s.ex with women?

Thanks for the demonstration of insults and slander just because you don't like me, it is very apt for the topic of this thread.

-- Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:23 am --

Seriously, between the anti- religious and ethnic propagandists, tailgating insulters, fluff-mongers, and emotionally unintelligent vindictive people - some of which are overlapping - why do I remain on this forum? For all I know some of these haters could try to harm my off-forum life judging by their unethical behaviour on this forum. I'm done.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Be Careful What You Write - Fine For FB Insults Jul 22, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:Like I said wind bag is still under the delusion she is something in this country. Good for her, meanwhile I shiver in my boots waiting for the wrath of windbag to strike to me or more likely more hot air !

I'll repeat myself as I see you are struggling with the written word.
If I'd intended you any harm I wouldn't have posted it on an internet forum I would have just gone and done it.
According to your own posts you have now made yourself all legal, so what have you got to worry about?
Let that to be a lesson to you, gobsh1te, about what you post on forums. Your lack of marital status, the nationality of your bird and how you intend to use her to get into some unsuspecting country (obviously because they wouldn't want you for you) and your car registration aren't wise.
Sometimes your mouth just takes off with you munckin. It wouldn't be so bad if you were a bit original but your are copying the most unsavoury characters and making yourself look more of a tosser than usual.

-- Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:10 am --

What you did was different than what DDS did to you, and you know it. You were horribly vindictive and you don't have the guts to acknowledge that what you did was wrong.

I cross posted his posts, that's what I did. he cross posted my posts, first.
How is that different? It's not my problem if his posts were more informative than mine :D
No I don't admit I was wrong to do it. I thought it was hilarious and still do. LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

-- Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:12 am --

why do I remain on this forum?

I've no idea. Why are you asking anyone that?

-- Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:13 am --

For all I know some of these haters could try to harm my off-forum life judging by their unethical behaviour on this forum

I don't see any haters around here, just people who are full of themselves.

-- Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:15 am --

I'm done.

The taxi driver will miss you.
Bethsmum

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

kanelli wrote:So are you insinuating that I'm a lesbian who participates in oral s.ex with women?

No, I am insinuating you like discussing celebrity vajayjay.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat