Careful!! Swearing Could Put You In Jail For 3 Yrs!!!

Topic locked
Nov 02, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:The police don’t mean to be disrespectful by being cold and discourteous but that’s how a lot of people speak to each other in these parts!

Thats the biggest load of bollocks if I ever saw one. TJ maybe you've been hanging around is some really weird places, or people just don't like your mug LOL !

You mean people over here are also courteous to each as those in, say, the UK or North America!

That’s the biggest bullcrap I‘ve ever heard!

I know you‘ve grown up here, so I can’t blame you when you don’t see anything wrong when a governmnet employee asks you to do something, without smiling at you or saying please or thank you!!!!

But we all lived here long enough to know that not being courteous does not always mean not being respectful.

8) 8)

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 02, 2009
Not_Sure wrote:Almost in all countries...people are disrespectful ti authorities.....elders...etc...

Im happy to see Dubai lead the way..and show to the world...how what amercians and british are behaving amonsgt themselves...is just killing them.

I have utter most respect for the police....garbage cleaner...even the dog that pisses on my car tyre every morning (his day will come soon...)

Holiding high hopes for queuing by 2020 in the GCC

Whoever the guy is they were an idiot, messing about in airports is a sure fire way to get arrested.
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 02, 2009
Tom Jones wrote:
I know you‘ve grown up here, so I can’t blame you when you don’t see anything wrong when a governmnet employee asks you to do something, without smiling at you or saying please or thank you!!!!

)

I have grown up here and I can see thats wrong.

But I agree, a lot of people who grow up here see nothing wrong with things like a more "important" man pushing him out of a queue, or people openly discriminating others.

Once they are exposed to the outer world, they become more objective and open minded...
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 02, 2009
Not_Sure wrote:Almost in all countries...people are disrespectful ti authorities.....elders...etc...

Im happy to see Dubai lead the way..and show to the world...how what amercians and british are behaving amonsgt themselves...is just killing them.

I have utter most respect for the police....garbage cleaner...even the dog that pisses on my car tyre every morning (his day will come soon...)

I haven't lived in the UK for more than 10 years now, but I must say, I am pleasantly surprised how courteous people over there are, as opposed to this place. On the roads in particular, it is generally peaceful and courteous....as opposed to the Anarchy, rudeness, lack of care for anybody else and downright disrespect for human life.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 02, 2009
Never ever been stopped by a plain clothes officer in any country I have visited.

Seen people being arrested at LHR several times and there is always a uniformed officer present.
Searcaigh
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 02, 2009
smoggie - UK isn't so rosy these days but these days friday and sat night high chance getting punch or stabbed - for just looking at someone funny.
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 02, 2009
Roadtester wrote:smoggie - UK isn't so rosy these days but these days friday and sat night high chance getting punch or stabbed - for just looking at someone funny.

Yeah, I understand that there are some social problems involving young people and drink on some nights of the week but I am talking about day to day.

It is a pleasure driving over there.

You don't have some A hole racing up behind you in a land cruiser at more than 140Kph....Or idiots with their kids on their knees as they drive around and then using religion as an excuse or some kind of justification.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 02, 2009
smoggie wrote:
Roadtester wrote:smoggie - UK isn't so rosy these days but these days friday and sat night high chance getting punch or stabbed - for just looking at someone funny.

Yeah, I understand that there are some social problems involving young people and drink on some nights of the week but I am talking about day to day.

It is a pleasure driving over there.

You don't have some A hole racing up behind you in a land cruiser at more than 140Kph....Or idiots with their kids on their knees as they drive around and then using religion as an excuse or some kind of justification.

Such a joy to drive in the UK and western Europe, where people indicate when turning, changing lanes etc., as well as showing courtesy to other drivers, which is almost absent over here.
Searcaigh
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 02, 2009
LOOOOL

I love seeing some guys here picking up on us all the time and bashing UAE or it locals in the smallest news like they are,ppl get a life and I'm really wondering if you are not here anymore, where are you still hanging around DF losers?

Aaaaaaaaanyway don't worry about the guy, we are just teach him a small lesson and let him free even though we all know he is not your concern more than bashing the country in a childish way , it just shows how immature you are yourselves. Keep going backward guys and watch us move forward.

If it's a general case then you'll here this news at least on weekly bases ,instead our airport are being nominated year after year for it's excellent services from the international community and trust me when I say that now one is paying attention to your crap but ppl like you.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 02, 2009
uaekid wrote:LOOOOL

I love seeing some guys here picking up on us all the time and bashing UAE or it locals in the smallest news like they are,ppl get a life and I'm really wondering if you are not here anymore, where are you still hanging around DF losers?

Aaaaaaaaanyway don't worry about the guy, we are just teach him a small lesson and let him free even though we all know he is not your concern more than bashing the country in a childish way , it just shows how immature you are yourselves. Keep going backward guys and watch us move forward.

If it's a general case then you'll here this news at least on weekly bases ,instead our airport are being nominated year after year for it's excellent services from the international community and trust me when I say that now one is paying attention to your crap but ppl like you.

The problem is kid, that as we have seen recently, people can be run over and tortured horrifically for little more than this. It is probably best we all keep a close eye on these trivial cases. ;-D
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 02, 2009
Interesting issues from all sides
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 02, 2009

I dont know where you get this information. There is nowhere to be found such international recognition, National or Gulf news is not international, and DXB is definitively NOT , and never was in the top 10 airports

http://news.airtreks.com/post/2009/08/W ... ports.aspx
capsicum
BANNED

Nov 03, 2009
Interesting link....look for the Middle East alone, DXB ranks 3rd, after Bahrain and ....Tel Aviv.
But I guess that would be a tough one for the Kid to fly to Israel to appreciate the difference? :D
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 03, 2009
BEST AIRPORT : MIDDLE EAST
Tel Aviv

BEST IN CATEGORY AIRPORT AWARD WINNERS - 2009

BEST DUTY FREE SHOPPING
Dubai

http://www.worldairportawards.com/Award ... rt2009.htm
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 03, 2009
smoggie wrote:

The problem is kid, that as we have seen recently, people can be run over and tortured horrifically for little more than this. It is probably best we all keep a close eye on these trivial cases. ;-D

that's your problem, always looking at the dark sides of things, you can't disregard the country accomplishments during those years bcz of isolated incidents that I'm not denying. this country well always be a country for all, that's how it was and that's how it's going to be and I hope ppl like you won't be part of it for you and your alkies are in no benefits of both parties.
uaekid

Nov 03, 2009
capsicum wrote:

I dont know where you get this information. There is nowhere to be found such international recognition, National or Gulf news is not international, and DXB is definitively NOT , and never was in the top 10 airports

thats all you got ? well here you go...

http://www.dubaiairport.com/NR/rdonlyre ... tFinal.doc

expand your knowledge .
uaekid

Nov 03, 2009
The link you provided (from Dubai airport itself), mostly reflects "purchased" awards, probably irrelevant as they don't show up in the official recognition in this link
and again Dubai is not there.

Sage had it right though, Dubai has the best duty free shop. But who cares, duty free shops are the least demanded feature, even after the bathrooms. Personally I dont stop in Duty free shops, and I cant care less, talk to me about lobby's comfort, service, bathroom quality, the way passengers are treated and guided through the concourses, this is far more important than buying a chocolate box which I can find anywhere anyways and for less.

And when something bad does happen, authorities are more concerned to cover it up than taking care of frightened passengers, like this day on September 2 nd 2009, when sprinklers broke lose, showered travelers and inundated terminal 3, security guards screaming "no photos, no photos"
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Hq0IJdSo9-4/S ... h/T3+B.jpg
from dubaithoughts.blogspot.com
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 03, 2009
I think somebody should start a new thread on Dubai Airport :lol:
Searcaigh
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 03, 2009
herve wrote:Interesting link....look for the Middle East alone, DXB ranks 3rd, after Bahrain and ....Tel Aviv.
But I guess that would be a tough one for the Kid to fly to Israel to appreciate the difference? :D

it will be only interested if you are smart enough to look at figures and numbers herve ! I don't have to fly all the way there to give you a small perspective of the value of airport movements and passengers statistics to give you a conclusion of who is the best. compare those numbers. let me help you, you seem to be handicapped in reading LOOOOOL

passengers traffic 13,000,000 in one year

passengers traffic 2,000,000 in one year

passengers traffic 37,000,000 in one year

can you appreciate the difference? give me a break.
uaekid

Nov 03, 2009
uaekid wrote:
smoggie wrote:

that's your problem, always looking at the dark sides of things, you can't disregard the country accomplishments during those years bcz of isolated incidents that I'm not denying. this country well always be a country for all, that's how it was and that's how it's going to be and I hope ppl like you won't be part of it for you and your alkies are in no benefits of both parties.

:lol:
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 03, 2009
herve wrote:Interesting link....look for the Middle East alone, DXB ranks 3rd, after Bahrain and ....Tel Aviv.

Bahrain first in the Middle East?

That's surprising!

I've been to Bahrain many times, and most major Middle Eastern airports (except Tel Aviv.) Functionally, Bahrain is good, but not at all pretty , as DXB.

To be fair, I personally find DXB to be, by far, the best airport of all the Arab countries, aesthetically and functionally (and in offered amenities.)

I just wish they do something about all those guys sleeping on the floor all over the waiting areas! That's an eye sore!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 03, 2009
I just wish there was more arabic crafts/shops, selling real emirti/arabic goods etc, rather than made in china burj al dubai and camels etc.
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 03, 2009
Tom Jones wrote:

That's surprising!

I've been to Bahrain many times, and most major Middle Eastern airports (except Tel Aviv.) Functionally, Bahrain is good, but not at all pretty , as DXB.

To be fair, I personally find DXB to be, by far, the best airport of all the Arab countries, aesthetically and functionally (and in offered amenities.)

I just wish they do something about all those guys sleeping on the floor all over the waiting areas! That's an eye sore!!!

8) 8)

This is a problem you will always face when your airport is a major transis hub which Dubai most certainly is.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 03, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:

That's surprising!

8) 8)

This is a problem you will always face when your airport is a major transis hub which Dubai most certainly is.

True! But such a scene is not really befitting a classy looking international airport!

Yeah, you sometimes see people sleeping at most airports, but they mostly sleep on the seats at, or near, the departure gates but not strewn all over main terminal!!

Couldn’t they allocate a certain hall for those tired travelers??

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 04, 2009
johnchristine375 wrote:tell me the reason as soon as possible!!

Yeah.. true, but it is not really a big problem. It's just an eye sore for such a beautiful airport.

As Sage said, it is mostly due to DXB being a major transit hub, which means there are a lot of travelers waiting for their connecting flights, sometimes for many hours.

There is a 5-star hotel inside Terminal 1, but it is a bit expensive for most travelers!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 04, 2009
Roadtester wrote:I just wish there was more arabic crafts/shops, selling real emirti/arabic goods etc, rather than made in china burj al dubai and camels etc.

Good suggestion!

If it happens, you won't be able to buy the traditional Emarati/Omani/Yemeni curved daggers!!... For obvious reasons! :)

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 04, 2009
Roadtester wrote:I just wish there was more arabic crafts/shops, selling real emirti/arabic goods etc, rather than made in china burj al dubai and camels etc.

Are you telling me that my fridge magnet that says "Dubai" on it wasn't made in the UAE?? :shock:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nov 04, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:

Are you telling me that my fridge magnet that says "Dubai" on it wasn't made in the UAE?? :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 06, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:
benwj wrote:I will let you think about what other options are available, and which is the most honourable, but having the person arrested is the most cowardly.

Yeah and like sage said what "honourable" option a duel ? If your an plain clothes police man at an airport and someone messes with you, what do you do. Tell him to meet you in the parking lot ! LOOOL ! or do what is standard and proper procedure and put him under arrest.

I think that I already said that what he did was wrong and he should be punished. Because the emirati was a policeman.

But I don't agree with the same happening for every other emirati that has been offended and needs to call the police to help restore his pride.

It is interesting that the first thing that you thought of was a meeting in the parking lot, because I don't know any local who would do this unless they had 10 friends to back them up.
Even Sage's option of a pistols at dawn is more likely... but only if the expat had no weapon.
I have been told that the most noble response would be to turn the other cheek and do not lower yourself to that level. I think a few well chosen words to let the offender know what they have done was wrong would be helpful also.
benwj

Nov 06, 2009
It is interesting that the first thing that you thought of was a meeting in the parking lot, because I don't know any local who would do this unless they had 10 friends to back them up.
Even Sage's option of a pistols at dawn is more likely... but only if the expat had no weapon.

So very very true!!! Lovers not fighters!
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat