Canadian PM - "Give Me A Break"

Topic locked
Canadian PM - "Give Me a Break" Jan 11, 2011
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Canadian PM - "Give Me a Break" Jan 11, 2011
Not a bad comment from the story;

by "George" "Let Me try to understand this, the Canadians never needed a visa to the UAE while the Citizins of the UAE always needed a visa to Canada.The UAE had granted the Canadians the right to use a secret airforcebase that countless Canadian aircraft and personell used on a daily basis. yet Canada only grants the UAE a few flights a week to Canada. The UAE is Canadas largest trade partner in the whole middle east with 2 billion Dollars a year in anual trade that is almost entirely made up of UAE Purchases from Canada. While Canadas purchases from the UAE are Negligable. Canadians have scores of companies and thousands of expats living in the UAE while none of their Airlines fly here. The UAE has no restrictions on the number of flights Canada can have to the UAE, while Canada does. I am not an expert on Canada or on UAE and Canada relations, but from what i have read, this is a lopsided relationship. And with allies like the Canadians, Who needs enemies. I totally agree with the UAE. "
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Canadian PM - "Give Me A Break" Jan 11, 2011
I can understand why Canada didnt allow more landing rights......they should have made an exception for EK/EY in order to improve relations with the UAE but they didnt...

Will foreign telecom operators be allowed in the UAE? Or will they not be allowed to protect the duopoly just like Canada is protecting Air Canada ?
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Canadian PM - "Give Me A Break" Jan 13, 2011
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Canadian PM - "Give Me A Break" Jan 13, 2011
You have to understand one thing first - Stephen Harper and his party are crap - lot's of progress and opportunities have been lost under his leadership.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat