I Can't Leave The Office!

Topic locked
I can't leave the office! Sep 20, 2006
Ok seriously now, I need some1 to motivate me and convince me to go back home.

It's been such a shitty day and I am so pissed that I can't even imagine myself facing the traffic right now as I would most probably end up committing a genocide on the road... My flatmates who left at 6h45 are STILL stuck in the traffic right now.

:roll:

I need some holidays...

Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 20, 2006
Nick come over to my place for a drink to relax :D
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: I can't leave the office! Sep 20, 2006
Nick81 wrote:Ok seriously now, I need some1 to motivate me and convince me to go back home.

It's been such a shitty day and I am so pissed that I can't even imagine myself facing the traffic right now as I would most probably end up committing a genocide on the road... My flatmates who left at 6h45 are STILL stuck in the traffic right now.

I need some holidays...

do not go home :lol: i mean wait untill traffic get less, if it does ever.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 20, 2006
Which location do you work and which location do you live??
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 20, 2006
I work near MoE and live in Garhoud near the Aviation Club... Yup have to cross the bridge of death every single day.
Nick81

Sep 20, 2006
Nick81 wrote:I work near MoE and live in Garhoud near the Aviation Club... Yup have to cross the bridge of death every single day.

Why don't you go out to Emirates road and then skirt round behind Garhoud in from the Airport turnoff?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 20, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Nick81 wrote:I work near MoE and live in Garhoud near the Aviation Club... Yup have to cross the bridge of death every single day.

Why don't you go out to Emirates road and then skirt round behind Garhoud in from the Airport turnoff?

That Rashidiya exit is a nightmare during rushhour !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

I take Rashidiya to go to work and get back home... But nowadays even this road is blocked so... Nowhere else to go
Nick81

Sep 20, 2006
nick for holiday you can come to london if you like?
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 20, 2006
sara_uk wrote:nick for holiday you can come to london if you like?

Nah going to Lebanon at Fitr and no war, no tsunami, no tornado outbreak is going to stop me this time!

But thanks for the invitation :P
Nick81

Sep 20, 2006
i can always come and give you a ............. ride

:twisted:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
:o

There are children here, behave!

Anyway I am gonna try my luck now... See yall in an hour... :roll:
Nick81

Sep 20, 2006
What you need is a PDA to access DF while stuck in traffic ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
lol what! did i say something wrong :oops:

:twisted:

good luck hon
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2006
Gotta a great idea and potential business plan Nick...

Buy a hovercraft and take the back route across the sand from MoE to the creek...then just motor up the water and up the ramp at the new bridge by Festival City and you'll be home in no time!

Mind you, you might find another hovercraft right behind you with blacked out windows, sitting on your tailfin with all its lights flashing!

Just an idea!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 21, 2006
Hey Nick,

You still in the office Man??? (5.29am)

Guess not,

how about working nights m8???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: I can't leave the office! Sep 21, 2006
Nick81 wrote:Ok seriously now, I need some1 to motivate me and convince me to go back home.

I need some holidays...

Nick, you want a shitty day? How about coming off a plane with no sleep for at least 48 hours only to be welcomed by Dubai's (finest) customs officials repremanding you and wanting to cancel your residency over a pack of playing cards which had "poker cards" written on the packet?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

XRW-147 wrote:

I need some holidays...

Nick, you want a shitty day? How about coming off a plane with no sleep for at least 48 hours only to be welcomed by Dubai's (finest) customs officials repremanding you and wanting to cancel your residency over a pack of playing cards which had "poker cards" written on the packet?

dont tell me that really happened :shock:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jeevan wrote:dont tell me that really happened :shock:

All I can say is "at least they didn't bring out the rubber gloves".
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jeevan wrote:
XRW-147 wrote:

I need some holidays...

dont tell me that really happened :shock:

Welcome to the modern Dubai, OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

XRW-147 wrote:

I need some holidays...

:lol: :lol: I feel for ya bro... I really do!

Anyway wanna know what happened to me this morning? I was going to a customer in Deira (near the Ramada hotel if anyone knows it...) and I was on the phone. So I wasn't really paying attention and missed the service road I was supposed to take. I STILL didn't realize my mistake and missed the next and last service road which could've saved me from the nightmare that followed... I basically had to go to Sharjah as there was no way of turning back... When coming back I got stuck in what is probably the WORST traffic jam I've witnessed since I got to Dubai. I was basically moving 1 meter every 2 minutes. I did 10 kilometers in 1h15mins...

After my meeting, I had to go back to the office near MoE... 1 more hour to get there. And of course I have tonight to look forward to.
Nick81

Sep 21, 2006
lol nick i experience that almost everyday near shindagha tunnel lol. if i am lucky i cross that stretch in about 45 minutes orelse worse than that so i end up spending over one hour everyday to travel 10 kms while going home .:) am kinda used to it and become immune but when someone trys to cut the lane from the wrong side i just hold my hand down on the horn and give them a real dirty look .lol that scares them off.

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2006
thats what you get for talkin on the phone while driving :lol:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2006
nick did you leave office? i heard the traffic is real bad towards sharjah for some reason and especially around garhoud.

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2006
Jeevan wrote:nick did you leave office? i heard the traffic is real bad towards sharjah for some reason and especially around garhoud.

J

thanks for letting me know.... *sigh*
Nick81

Sep 21, 2006
Jeevan wrote:nick did you leave office? i heard the traffic is real bad towards sharjah for some reason and especially around garhoud.

J

umm whats new ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2006
Nick81 wrote:

J

thanks for letting me know.... *sigh*

You have to get yourself some real good music and drift in space all the way home.
Good luck.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

NEW job Sep 22, 2006
hi.. my recommendation for u is to find new job near ur home :P
moe_inter
Dubai Forum User

Sep 22, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Gotta a great idea and potential business plan Nick...

Buy a hovercraft and take the back route across the sand from MoE to the creek...then just motor up the water and up the ramp at the new bridge by Festival City and you'll be home in no time!

Mind you, you might find another hovercraft right behind you with blacked out windows, sitting on your tailfin with all its lights flashing!

Just an idea!

Knight

Classic :lol: I want one.

Nick - lets swap houses. You can have my room in Satwa and I'll take the Garhoud unit
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 22, 2006
scarlet wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Gotta a great idea and potential business plan Nick...

Just an idea!

Knight

Classic :lol: I want one.

Nick - lets swap houses. You can have my room in Satwa and I'll take the Garhoud unit

No problem... IF you're ready to share my room with my 2 flatmates (one who has his fiancee living with him right now...) AND my boss! :lol:
Nick81

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat