Burj Dubai

Topic locked
Re: Burj Dubai Jan 06, 2010
Burj Khalifa really doesn't have that ring that Burj Dubai had or maybe just too used to hearing it. I was actually kinda sad to hear the renaming. If it truly was a show of respect I think Burj Zayed would have been a much better choice. I don't think even Shk Khalifa would argue with that.

Also in a smart ass move by a pakistani dude. Moments after the renaming he grabbed the domain name burjkhalifa.com ! Now lets see whats payday like, of if even there is one ?

Somehow kicking myself for not thinking about it first ! DOH..Where is redkite when you need him !

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Adolf Hitler
Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.

Seems like the name of the game ...
People who cannot see through the facade.. I dont blame you .. The moment the brain tries to understand something complicated, the first thing it will do is reject the info as it s the easiest way out. I think most people with the show of respect argument are either mentally challenged or incredibly naive.
olivertwisted
Dubai Forums Frequenter

you guys are making such a big deal out of this bail out story, I'm telling you guys it's always been like this ! AD ALWAYS financed Dubai for it being the commercial city of UAE, nothing is really new here, the only diff in this payment is that it had a previous media attention.

ppl made huge assumptions and theories about such a small amount from AD ! if anyone's follow the monthly charities from AD to the world they will know it's greater than this amount they paid Dubai.

and I can't see what all the big fuzz is all about regarding this Dubai world company, all the major global companies got bailed from their governments !what's so special about us bailing out one.

What ever is being paid to Dubai is coming from the country income, where else should they spend it I wonder.

I guess the payment is an appreciation from UAE to one of it's greatest cities that forced the UAE name to be global , a head turner and a hard number in the world economy. Sorry we disappointed so many.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

uaekid wrote:you guys are making such a big deal out of this bail out story, I'm telling you guys it's always been like this ! AD ALWAYS financed Dubai for it being the commercial city of UAE, nothing is really new here, the only diff in this payment is that it had a previous media attention.

I

I doubt AUH gave anything close to 10bn to Dubai from 1995 - 2008....

I would guess Dubai was self-sustaining in that period, they did get help before that as did the smaller emirates (and they still get it).

Its not a big deal, but what cofuses people is when Dubai claims to have no problems, and then their problems become public the next day
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Ahhhh but Kid you said it in your last post and missed the point completely. Other countries got bailed out by their 'governments' not banks, or investors or other lenders!

It IS a big deal, and especially as they dropped the bombshell on the launch night. If the world needed any kind of proof that Dubai is screwed - that was it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Ahhhh but Kid you said it in your last post and missed the point completely. Other countries got bailed out by their 'governments' not banks, or investors or other lenders!

It IS a big deal, and especially as they dropped the bombshell on the launch night. If the world needed any kind of proof that Dubai is screwed - that was it!

I'm sorry I'm not following! you mean banks and investors baild Dubai out ? and you are need to make up your mind wither the naming was an arabic custom or to show ppl that dubai is screwed LOL hon, there are things that is bigger than your understanding.
uaekid

BlackburnRovers wrote:
uaekid wrote:you guys are making such a big deal out of this bail out story, I'm telling you guys it's always been like this ! AD ALWAYS financed Dubai for it being the commercial city of UAE, nothing is really new here, the only diff in this payment is that it had a previous media attention.

I

I doubt AUH gave anything close to 10bn to Dubai from 1995 - 2008....

I would guess Dubai was self-sustaining in that period, they did get help before that as did the smaller emirates (and they still get it).

Its not a big deal, but what cofuses people is when Dubai claims to have no problems, and then their problems become public the next day

I'm sorry but thats your problem black rover ,it's always doubts and guessing nothing more. I agree with the confusing part ,they should've just admitted the problem to gain future trust.
uaekid

Kid, what don't you understand?! AD bailed out Dubai (gift of cash), so in return Dubai gave AD the Burj (bigger gift of landmark) what's not to understand here?

And yes, did you not see in all the local business sections about banks signing and increasing investments to bail out projects etc etc?

Rose tinted glasses and not knowing what's going on as always.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Kid, what don't you understand?! AD bailed out Dubai (gift of cash), so in return Dubai gave AD the Burj (bigger gift of landmark) what's not to understand here?

And yes, did you not see in all the local business sections about banks signing and increasing investments to bail out projects etc etc?

Rose tinted glasses and not knowing what's going on as always.

you should not be confused between banks baling out Privet Businesses and the Government ones hon. beside if you know one or 2 things about business you wont call what banks do as a ( bailout) read a book well yaa,.banks does not do charity work
uaekid

Re: Burj Dubai Jan 07, 2010
I also think we should not be confused by naming a building after someone or gifting the building. The Burj Khalifa is still an Emaar property.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:I also think we should not be confused by naming a building after someone or gifting the building. The Burj Khalifa is still an Emaar property.

Doesn't really mean much when Emaar are broke and issuing IOU's to people.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

They are still building and completing projects and the residential communities such as Springs / Greens / Lakes / Meadows / Arabian Ranches etc., seem to be operating quite well.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat