Topic locked
best boozers over the dark side Jan 05, 2009
My preference: George and Dragon

smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: best boozers over the dark side Jan 05, 2009
smoggie wrote:My preference: George and Dragon

Bit quiet though.

I remember when it used to be wall-to-wall Emirates birds - you couldn't get through the door on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday nights!

The pub in the Ramada for me - Old Vic.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 05, 2009
I'll live with quiet for cheaper beer!
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 05, 2009
The Old Vic - hehe yeah that's our lunchtime haunt - em don't tell the boss though - hic!

Have you ever tried, the Marine Club in the Seaview hotel? Ok, it's a complete hooker joint - however, if you can ignore the crusty old expats launching themselves at the Asian chicks. The drink is relatively cheap, BUT the best thing is, they have the best cover band in Dubai!

Awsome Pinoy band, who totally rock out! They get all the mushy crap requests done first, then go for it!

The female bass player, switches to lead guitar for Sweet Child of Mine, and does the solo behind her head and finishes playing with her teeth! A must see.

If you don't have a wild night in there, I'll eat my shorts!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 05, 2009
George to TGI's to Navigation to York to Music room to Vic........anybody? :pukeleft:
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 05, 2009
To be honest Choco, I prefer a pub without a band. I leave the Old Vic as soon as I see that bloke and the Filipina getting ready!
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 05, 2009
smoggie wrote:George to TGI's to Navigation to York to Music room to Vic........anybody? :pukeleft:

Where's Navigation?
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat