BM's Avatar!!!!!!!!!!!

Topic locked
Re: BM's Avatar!!!!!!!!!!! Jan 16, 2011
Berrin wrote:
Yeah, what the heck is Frilling Mress Saudi America??? I still don't get it!!!

:D well then, you see the picture BB attached was a unisex beauty species representative of the east and the west,..of course me being inspired by our American lady , I called it (Mress)Mr and ess as in affix of Lordess, Godess...
Since all the troubles in the far east islam nations are the joint works of either Saudi or America (if not Russia) I called him Mress Saudi America..

Berrin. have you knicked one of BM's bottles of Chardonnay? You are more incoherant than me after a shed load :drunken:

4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

sage & onion wrote: You should all be aware that my action was taken due to the possible problems that may come by displaying this particular flag here in the UAE, and the further repercussions that may have resulted, their is absolutely no need for any member of the forum to get involved, it was strictly between BM and myself along with the forum administrator.

What problems? DF is hosted in the US and stats show that only 25% traffic comes from the UAE, and mostly expats, so we are talking about may be 5% who could be offended by a Israeli flag, when 90% might be disturbed by a Bin Laden depicted avatar.
I m sure sage,you would not dare come to the US with pictures of your avatar in your luggage
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

herve wrote:
sage & onion wrote: You should all be aware that my action was taken due to the possible problems that may come by displaying this particular flag here in the UAE, and the further repercussions that may have resulted, their is absolutely no need for any member of the forum to get involved, it was strictly between BM and myself along with the forum administrator.

What problems? DF is hosted in the US and stats show that only 25% traffic comes from the UAE, and mostly expats, so we are talking about may be 5% who could be offended by a Israeli flag, when 90% might be disturbed by a Bin Laden depicted avatar.
I m sure sage,you would not dare come to the US with pictures of your avatar in your luggage

Not sure it really matters Herve and I think BM/JR is past caring - decision made - ce la vie.
A better question is how your avatar is allowed - I mean the authorities hate your guts (maybe not as much as Israel's but close) and the book is banned here right?
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Berrin. have you knicked one of BM's bottles of Chardonnay? You are more incoherant than me after a shed load

ha haa no worries BM it was her having a go at taliban becouse of a taliban alike avatar...so I was making the most of what she was providing..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

The whole point is, lets not push it. As we are threading some fine lines here already. You never know what could be the straw that broke the camels back.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

JoeTGF wrote:
herve wrote:

Not sure it really matters Herve and I think BM/JR is past caring - decision made - ce la vie.
A better question is how your avatar is allowed - I mean the authorities hate your guts (maybe not as much as Israel's but close) and the book is banned here right?

A point well made Joe, I thing Herve's avatar would be very objectionable to the Dubai authorities. Not that I'm compaining of course! Personally i don't have a problem with anyone's avatar. I did bring the point of DF being hosted in the US with Sage, but he chose to ignore my question. But as you rightly point out BM/JR is past caring. Non, Je ne regrette rien.

-- Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:41 am --

desertdudeshj wrote:The whole point is, lets not push it. As we are threading some fine lines here already. You never know what could be the straw that broke the camels back.

Stop being so dramatic Munchkin! it's an avatar at the end of the day! I wasn't wishing death to anyone!
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

I am pretty sure the Israeli flag was waiving in Dubai during the world swimming championship last year. As a matter of fact the Israeli flag has been waiving in the UAE more than that during the last years.
More important, I cannot remember any comment from somebody who was offended by it.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

4GetMeNot wrote:Sage, it would have been more helpful to me if you could have explained all that in the first place. I have no wish to get this forum into trouble and I wasn't aware my avatar would cause any problems like this.

No kidding! Its called transparent communication. Why was this a private issue? It should have been said to you and the forumers that the Israeli flag avatar could cause trouble for the forum and it was asked to be removed and not complied with, so ban was issued.

By the way, if signatures and avatars can cause problems with any authorities and makes moderating life difficult, just disable them in the forum or set it that a gallery of avatars are the only ones available for use.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

JoeTGF wrote:Not sure it really matters Herve and I think BM/JR is past caring - decision made - ce la vie.

Good point Joe, and yes my book is banned in the UAE, I guess if my avatar was banned it would demonstrate that DF takes orders from Dubai Government.
and as of BM's avatar, it s pretty obvious some members here don't need Dubai Gov to hate jews, Israel and Israeli flag.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

For those who are wondering, on how to find out where the site is being hosted -

http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/dubaiforums.com

As Herve pointed out DF is being hosted in the the US.

Host: host.wizardia.com
IP: 72.52.152.41
State: Michigan
City: Lansing
Postcode: 48917
Latitude: 42.7257
Longitude: -84.6360
ISP: SourceDNS
Organization: SourceDNS

http://www.dedicatedornot.com/sites/www.dubaiforums.com
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

herve wrote:
JoeTGF wrote:Not sure it really matters Herve and I think BM/JR is past caring - decision made - ce la vie.

Good point Joe, and yes my book is banned in the UAE, I guess if my avatar was banned it would demonstrate that DF takes orders from Dubai Government.
and as of BM's avatar, it s pretty obvious some members here don't need Dubai Gov to hate jews, Israel and Israeli flag.

Talking of Herve's book, Bora, do you still want a copy? Give me some notice, i'll have to get it from Amazon and I'll hide it amongst my knickers in my case. That customs man won't go fiddling in there when I look him straight in the eye. :wink: You're not having mine, I'm saving it for Herve to sign.
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Hmmmm knickers, booze and yadda yadda - block!!!!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Hmmmm knickers, booze and yadda yadda - block!!!!

Chocs..really?
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

4GetMeNot wrote:
herve wrote:

Talking of Herve's book, Bora, do you still want a copy? Give me some notice, i'll have to get it from Amazon and I'll hide it amongst my knickers in my case. That customs man won't go fiddling in there when I look him straight in the eye. :wink: You're not having mine, I'm saving it for Herve to sign.

Trade you for a copy of "City of Life". Beth would appreciate it I'm sure. Hopefully you won't have a problem taking it out, as opposed to bringing the book in!!! A bit of a stretch, but do you have a dust jacket from a cookbook??? :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: BM's Avatar!!!!!!!!!!! Jan 17, 2011
Beth would love a copy of 'City of Life' Bora. I fully intend to bring the dustcover of Herve's book too. I'm not really into cook books as you can imagine, a quick glance at my books with removeable covers that I will disguise Herve's book in, could be Race and Racism, Social Issues for Carers, Introductory Sociology, Race and Ethnicity in Modern Britain, Single in Saudi, On the Smell of an Oily Rag and Diana, Her True Story. I'm not sure which one to choose yet.

-- Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:04 am --

Chocoholic wrote:Hmmmm knickers, booze and yadda yadda - block!!!!

Ah Chocs! Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed your break, I haven't been to Thailand but it sounds wonderful. It's just such a shame that you didn't use the time to get to the bottom of your PMT :(
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

4GetMeNot wrote:Beth would love a copy of 'City of Life' Bora. I fully intend to bring the dustcover of Herve's book too. I'm not really into cook books as you can imagine, a quick glance at my books with removeable covers that I will disguise Herve's book in, could be Race and Racism, Social Issues for Carers, Introductory Sociology, Race and Ethnicity in Modern Britain, Single in Saudi, On the Smell of an Oily Rag and Diana, Her True Story. I'm not sure which one to choose yet.

May I recommend Single in Saudi, just in case they do look in your knickers. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
4GetMeNot wrote:Beth would love a copy of 'City of Life' Bora. I fully intend to bring the dustcover of Herve's book too. I'm not really into cook books as you can imagine, a quick glance at my books with removeable covers that I will disguise Herve's book in, could be Race and Racism, Social Issues for Carers, Introductory Sociology, Race and Ethnicity in Modern Britain, Single in Saudi, On the Smell of an Oily Rag and Diana, Her True Story. I'm not sure which one to choose yet.

May I recommend Single in Saudi, just in case they do look in your knickers. :lol: :lol:

LOL.
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat