Advice Needed!

Topic locked
Advice Needed! Dec 09, 2010
I think this may be one for DDS but if anyone else can give some much needed advice, it would be much appreciated.

And here is my problem. This morning BM had cause to leave her gaff at early o'clock to go 'up North' to Scotchland. I'm not really partial to that daft accent but had no choice to go as it was work related. BM prises open the door of her Beemer and it groaned into life. Considering it was minus 18c, I made allowances for it. Brrrrrr it was as chilly as DDS's stare when he sees BM posting. Well I ventured out and the car was just not performing as expected. I kept the speed down as the roads were lethal and it was missing in second. As soon as I got some speed up it was ok. It had petrol in, BM is not that daft, although blonde where cars are concerned. I just get in and point. So DDS what's the verdict? By the way, it's grey, if that helps.

DDS, BM has another mode of transport if needed. It's one of your favourites! A Landrover! She is not quite as old as BM, only 23 years old but goes like a beauty. BM has been round the block in her a few times, I can tell you. She's blue! If I get the chance to take some pictures, I wil post them later and we can compare!

Why am I refering to the BMW as it and the Landrover as she? Wierd!

I wish you had been around when BM was younger DDS, she could have done with your advice on repairs then I can tell you. BM put her stillettos through the roof of her boyfriend's father's car! He was not impressed. The father, that is, not the BF, was ok about it.

Well DDS what do ya reckon? Is it time for BM to go work her charms on that rather nice young man at the BMW showroom?

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Advice Needed! Dec 09, 2010
Its grey, thats your problem right there. Send it in for a repaint to British Racing Green and that should solve the problem.

Next !
desertdudeshj

Re: Advice Needed! Dec 09, 2010
Thanks DDS, I'll try anything once!
Bethsmum

Re: Advice Needed! Dec 10, 2010
Bethsmum wrote:I think this may be one for DDS but if anyone else can give some much needed advice, it would be much appreciated.

And here is my problem. This morning BM had cause to leave her gaff at early o'clock to go 'up North' to Scotchland. I'm not really partial to that daft accent but had no choice to go as it was work related. BM prises open the door of her Beemer and it groaned into life. Considering it was minus 18c, I made aBrrrrrr it was as chilly as DDS's stare when he sees BM posting.llowances for it. Well I ventured out and the car was just not performing as expected. I kept the speed down as the roads were lethal and it was missing in second. As soon as I got some speed up it was ok. It had petrol in, BM is not that daft, although blonde where cars are concerned. I just get in and point. So DDS what's the verdict? By the way, it's grey, if that helps.

DDS, BM has another mode of transport if needed. It's one of your favourites! A Landrover! She is not quite as old as BM, only 23 years old but goes like a beauty. BM has been round the block in her a few times, I can tell you. She's blue! If I get the chance to take some pictures, I wil post them later and we can compare!

Why am I refering to the BMW as it and the Landrover as she? Wierd!

I wish you had been around when BM was younger DDS, she could have done with your advice on repairs then I can tell you. BM put her stillettos through the roof of her boyfriend's father's car! He was not impressed. The father, that is, not the BF, was ok about it.

Well DDS what do ya reckon? Is it time for BM to go work her charms on that rather nice young man at the BMW showroom?

Brrrrrr it was as chilly as DDS's stare when he sees BM posting.

Lady, you sure can me laugh.... I surely needed that hearty chuckle today!!!! Thanks dear!

:lol: :) :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

BM - credit where its due - your stories and responses are always amusing and a good read. I don't know what your profession is but have you ever considered writing? You definitely have a knack for putting a wierd and wonderful perspective on some of the most straightforward/ordinary things in life.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

BM I cant understand a word you have written in your post, google translate is also baffled
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Its a Brit thing. I guess you need a good amount to brit and brit media to make sense of it all. I can understand someone who hasn't can find it difficult. A lot of Ozzie stuff still stumps me, but getting there slowly.

Guess I'll just have to watch reruns of neighbours and all parts of Corcodile Dundee to get with the Ozzie program :D
desertdudeshj

@Tom, BM tries to entertain and hopes to continue, BTW the shag pile awaits!

Note to Zubber, Shag pile, a Brit term for carpet. TJ said in a previous post that he would like to share a glass of her favourite Chardonnay in front of the fire.

@Joe, BM works for the British Government, and therefore must be creative :D

@Zubber, exactly what was it you needed explaining sweetie? Surely not the stillettos bit? I purposely didn't say that the car that I 'damaged' was a Ford Cortina. Are stillettos before your time too? LOL

DDS Lovin your work sunshine!
Bethsmum

Ford Cortina ! Your ruined a very nice car, one of the few things made in the UK worth having.
desertdudeshj

Oh no, my bad. Was mistaking a cossie for a Cortina. No love lost.
desertdudeshj

Whats a cossie? In English that is a swimming costume, but do you mean a Ford Cosworth? If so, no, I'm sure it was only a Ghia, I didn't move in Cosworth circles... then :D
Bethsmum

Yup Cosworths are know as Cossies. There was even a Cortina cossie if I remember correctly.
desertdudeshj

Are they? You move in much racier circles than BM, DDS!
Bethsmum

Shag Pile is slang for carpet, heh good u informed me about it, I was having all kinds of images inside my head after reading that :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:Shag Pile is slang for carpet, heh good u informed me about it, I was having all kinds of images inside my head after reading that :mrgreen:

Happy to help with your images :D You have a good day :flower:
Bethsmum

Not really its just a type a of carpet and not slang at all

"Shag is typically used to make deep-pile carpets"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shag_%28fabric%29
desertdudeshj

I see a flying shag carpet going over a few heads. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

NO man a SHAG is not a carpet , its that thing you do to get babies :mrgreen:

-- Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:40 pm --

Bethsmum wrote: Happy to help with your images :D You have a good day :flower:

:oops: , :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Zubber, do stop it. You will get BM's topic deleted at this rate.

-- Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:26 pm --

Bora Bora wrote:I see a flying shag carpet going over a few heads. :lol: :lol:

LOL x2

-- Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:36 pm --

BM got the Christmas decorations out of the loft last night and came across a present she forgot to give Beth last year!
It's a shame really cause she would have loved that kitten :D
Bethsmum

beth'smum - You stashed a kitten in your basement and then had no idea about it for a whole year ? How is that possible ? Was the kitten mute ? Did it survive ?
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:beth'smum - You stashed a kitten in your basement and then had no idea about it for a whole year ? How is that possible ? Was the kitten mute ? Did it survive ?

Zubber: Loft - as in attic!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oops - Thanx Bora , Let me rephrase the question

Bethsmum - You stashed a kitten in your attic and then had no idea about it for a whole year? How is that possible ? Was the kitten mute ? Did it survive ? Dont tell you neighbors, I hear english peta people are crazy :bounce:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:Oops - Thanx Bora , Let me rephrase the question

Bethsmum - You stashed a kitten in your attic and then had no idea about it for a whole year? How is that possible ? Was the kitten mute ? Did it survive ? Dont tell you neighbors, I hear english peta people are crazy :bounce:

Yes dear.

BM got herself a lovely little puppy dog today, a Jack Russell Terrier, he's black with a tiny little white patch.....so I've decided to call him Bradford. :D
Bethsmum

Another attempt at how un white the UK is getting, perhaps ?

The subtlety is strong with this one.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Another attempt at how un white the UK is getting, perhaps ?

The subtlety is strong with this one.

Get a life you miserable git. I've got a few Irish ones aswell if you want, a bit like that French one you told :roll:
Bethsmum

LOL ! Thick skin starting to thin out it seems ?

Have you tried bleaching the pup ?
desertdudeshj

What is it you're always saying 'move along'. Practice what you preach, why don't you?
Bethsmum

Awwww, and there was I thinking you two were having a "get along minute" a few posts back. My bad. LOL

-- Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:21 pm --

Zubber, BM took the cat to the taxidermist and will put it near the shag carpet while she and TJ work on some rug burns. :P :P
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

The thread is directed towards me how can I "move along" ? Thats why the old saying carefull what you wish for as you just might get it !

So was BM's BM sent it for a repaint as prescribed ? ;)
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Thats why the old saying carefull what you wish for as you just might get it !

Hmmmmmmmm, is that you being original? For the life of me I could swear I heard that saying before. :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat