Abu Dhabi Goes Smoke Free By Years End

Topic locked
Abu Dhabi goes smoke free by years end Jun 16, 2011
A step in the right direction, time to stub out those cigs:

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news ... y-year-end

Interested in how they're going to enforce the no-smoking in cars around children under 12. Plus perhaps getting children to be strapped in first could be a good way to go.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Abu Dhabi Goes Smoke Free By Years End Jun 16, 2011
I'm a smoker.

So i wont be able to see any adverts for cigarettes (No problem - i already have my favourite brand and know where to buy them).

I won't be able to smoke in my car with anyone 12ys or under (I have no need or desire to have any kids in my car, so OK there too).

I'm also over 18, (so i will still be able to buy cigarettes).

Yeah - bring on the ban, because it won't stop people smoking, just make it a bit more problematic for some people some of the time.

Bring on some non-smokers to bang on about health risks, smelly clothes, blah blah blah. It's fine, because us smokers don't listen!
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

You tell'em Blue.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

stupid law, can't somke anywhere nowadays :(
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:You tell'em Blue.

Too right.

Smoking is great!
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Abu Dhabi goes smoke free by years end Jun 16, 2011
I can't agree that smoking is great, I think it's an awful habit. I'm not bothered about the health issues, it's up to you to do what you want to do with your bodies.

You can't smoke in public places in the UK, I like that. When I was in Dubai recently I went to the sports bar in The Movenpick on the Walk. We wanted to have something to eat and watch the Champions League Final. It was very busy and the smell of smoke was disgusting. There was no way I could have eaten or stayed in that place to watch the match. I was really disappointed as I like that place and love their big screens. We went, instead, to Thyme in Al Fattan Towers. You can still smoke in there but they must have better ventilation or something as it wasn't too bad at all.

I really noticed the difference between Dubai and the UK then. You can smoke if you want but I don't want to inhale it and I don't want my clothes stinking either. Neither do I like kissing an old ashtray. Minging.
Bethsmum

Re: Abu Dhabi goes smoke free by years end Jun 16, 2011
I think smoking areas are ok, but unfortunately smoke knows no bounds.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

BlueOrb wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:You tell'em Blue.

Too right.

Smoking is great!

Right on bro.
desertdudeshj

Working in Oman was great for me because the smokers had to go into a glass room and stare out like a zoo exhibit.

Will it work in Abu Dhabi?... I'll believe it when I see it.
Mosh
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mosh wrote:Working in Oman was great for me because the smokers had to go into a glass room and stare out like a zoo exhibit.

Will it work in Abu Dhabi?... I'll believe it when I see it.

LOL yeah I've seen that, quite funny actually.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Abu Dhabi Goes Smoke Free By Years End Jun 17, 2011
Actually, it's US staring IN on you lot.......just that you don't realise it! :-)
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Abu Dhabi Goes Smoke Free By Years End Jun 18, 2011
Good news for Abu Dhabi!

My sister's husband gave up smoking to date her. He knew she hated smoking and that smelling like an ashtray wasn't very appealing to those who don't also smell like ashtrays. :) Most of the people I've spoken to who have quit smoking for whatever reason don't ever regret quitting.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Abu Dhabi goes smoke free by years end Jun 19, 2011
I think drinkers (alcohol) cause more problems (health, crime, accidents, economy, etc.) than smokers do yet there is less of an outcry and laws against drinking...(yes, even in muslim countries).

Smoke away...I can move...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:I think drinkers (alcohol) cause more problems (health, crime, accidents, economy, etc.) than smokers do yet there is less of an outcry and laws against drinking...(yes, even in muslim countries).

Smoke away...I can move...

Do I really have to write this down in simple mans terms for you? Simply because a drinker does not FORCE someone else to drink their drink! Smoke knows no bounds and is not contained, so it goes everywhere and non-smokers are forced to breathe in second-hand smoke - duh!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Do I really have to write this down in simple mans terms for you?

Ambassador is a MAN? Are you sure Chocs? :shock:

I deliberatley left the Ambassador off BM's Shag, Marry,Avoid list because I wasn't convinced! Do you think I should update my list Chocs? What other evidence have you gathered to back up this thought?

Psst Chocs...it's only a virtual list, BM isn't working her way through DF, yet. :D
Bethsmum

It's a turn of phrase BM or should I have used Layman's terms? Really not interested in your shag list TBH.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Abu Dhabi Goes Smoke Free By Years End Jun 19, 2011
Again, you were expecting miracles Chocs, lol. Like I said earlier, you can't fix stupid ! Best you can do it trying to cover it up with fluff. :D
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Again, you were expecting miracles Chocs, lol. Like I said earlier, you can't fix stupid ! Best you can do it trying to cover it up with fluff. :D

Do you do miracles in Islam?

you can't fix stupid

Don't give up munchkin, there's hope for you yet :D

-- Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:00 pm --

It's a turn of phrase BM or should I have used Layman's terms

But you said 'simple mans terms' and then said 'duh' at the end of it so naturally I thought you thought the Ambassador was a man and simple. :D
Bethsmum

Medic !!! Can we have a medic here ! Wind bag has gone into severe stupidity arrest....AGAIN !
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Medic !!! Can we have a medic here ! Wind bag has gone into severe stupidity arrest....AGAIN !

You're not pulling that 'trust me I'm a doctor' one on me munchkin! BM's not daft you know.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Medic !!! Can we have a medic here ! Wind bag has gone into severe stupidity arrest....AGAIN !

You're not pulling that 'trust me I'm a doctor' one on me munchkin! BM's not daft you know.

For BM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA770wpL ... detailpage
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

For Drew.
The Scottish Doctor!

Bethsmum

Re: Abu Dhabi goes smoke free by years end Jun 20, 2011
LOL, enjoyed that BM.

For DesertDunce, that was a school.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: Abu Dhabi Goes Smoke Free By Years End Jun 20, 2011
well, for cig although I smoke (sometimes), but I quit it whenever I want, and that's why I don't understand how come it is an addiction... but anyway I was just thinking the other day on how to make portable Shisha, sometimes when driving long distances I feel like I want a shisha on the road :D ...
ciggy sucks anyway, but shisha is lovely....
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: Abu Dhabi Goes Smoke Free By Years End Jun 20, 2011
Mahmoud04 wrote:well, for cig although I smoke (sometimes), but I quit it whenever I want, and that's why I don't understand how come it is an addiction... but anyway I was just thinking the other day on how to make portable Shisha, sometimes when driving long distances I feel like I want a shisha on the road :D ...
ciggy sucks anyway, but shisha is lovely....

Mahmoud, only problem is going into the shops and asking for a pack of 20 Shisha please.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat