Above & Beyond @ Apartment. August 10th

Topic locked
Aug 07, 2006
constantine wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:Let's book the whole club for Dubai Forums, how about that XRW & Constantine? :lol:

That would be choice!...

~Or just a table :)

liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 07, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:
constantine wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:Let's book the whole club for Dubai Forums, how about that XRW & Constantine? :lol:

That would be choice!...

wondering how much a table there goes for...went to zinc...bought a bottle and got a table with it...also in suraya and hareem...trilogy me thinks a table is about 2 grand...dont quite know about da appartment...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 07, 2006
Feel like an idiot here, but what race / colour would not be allowed???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 08, 2006
constantine wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:
constantine wrote:

That would be choice!...

wondering how much a table there goes for...went to zinc...bought a bottle and got a table with it...also in suraya and hareem...trilogy me thinks a table is about 2 grand...dont quite know about da appartment...

I called the promoter and he doesn't know, but he guessed it would be 1,000... He advised me to go before 12:30 because then the club is full... I guess I will try the normal entry and try to go as early as possible (11:00 or 11:30)... Fingers crossed!
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 08, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Feel like an idiot here, but what race / colour would not be allowed???

I don't know and I am NOT racist but it seems that the norm here in Dubai clubs is to reject people from the sub-continent... Bouncers make up any excuses even if the clubbers were in mixed groups/couples such as saying that it's reservations only... A story was published in Gulf News a month or two back about it, might post a link if I found it later tonight
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 09, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Feel like an idiot here, but what race / colour would not be allowed???

I don't know and I am NOT racist but it seems that the norm here in Dubai clubs is to reject people from the sub-continent... Bouncers make up any excuses even if the clubbers were in mixed groups/couples such as saying that it's reservations only... A story was published in Gulf News a month or two back about it, might post a link if I found it later tonight

Yes, I have been rejected god knows how many times, especailly if I am going with another girl. If I am going with my bf, never had any problems.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 09, 2006
Wierd enough that i go to the Apartment alot, weekends and sometimes during the week.

I always see a very good percentage of people from subcontinent.....

so i guess there are no problems.

Last time i saw 2 guys in local dress with walkie talkies,.... Would they be there to make sure no descrimination is taking place??? i don't know i'm just asking
yshimy

Aug 09, 2006
yshimy wrote:Wierd enough that i go to the Apartment alont, weekends and sometimes during the week.

Last time i saw 2 guys in local dress with walkie talkies,.... Would they be there to make sure no descrimination is taking place??? i don't know i'm just asking

Is that a nightclub?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 09, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
yshimy wrote:Wierd enough that i go to the Apartment alont, weekends and sometimes during the week.

Is that a nightclub?

Yeah, it is where the gig is taking place.

It is located in Jumeirah beach hotel
yshimy

Aug 09, 2006
yshimy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Is that a nightclub?

Thanks yshimy
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 09, 2006
FeiPo wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:

Yes, I have been rejected god knows how many times, especailly if I am going with another girl. If I am going with my bf, never had any problems.

People told me that girls have been rejected entry to clubs if they weren't in a mixed group but I found that weird, especially since they claim they always want to increase the ratio of women to men :S
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 09, 2006
yshimy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Is that a nightclub?

They were probably from CID...
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 09, 2006
You serious?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 10, 2006
sage & onion wrote:You serious?

Which post are you referring to with this reply?

Back on topic, so who is definately going? I am (I hope nothing comes in the way though)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 10, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:

Back on topic, so who is definately going? I am (I hope nothing comes in the way though)

Regarding CID
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 10, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:

Regarding CID

Well why else would a couple of guys in the local dress/costume (Dishdasha) be allowed in a club?
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 10, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:

Regarding CID

Well why else would a couple of guys in the local dress/costume (Dishdasha) be allowed in a club?

Are you saying that guys in local dress would not be allowed in the club???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 10, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:

Regarding CID

Are you saying that guys in local dress would not be allowed in the club???

Personally I never saw them wearing it in a club... But in bars, yes
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 10, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:Well why else would a couple of guys in the local dress/costume (Dishdasha) be allowed in a club?

They're not CID. Its part of the localization drive. They are normally at the entrance and not inside the club itself.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 10, 2006
so who is going ?

Unconfirmed List:
--------------------
liverpool4ever
XRW-147 + crew
yshimy
Moester
constantine + friends
sage & onion
Alexandria
smartd

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Aug 10, 2006
smartd wrote:so who is going ?

Unconfirmed List:
--------------------
liverpool4ever
XRW-147 + crew
yshimy
Moester
constantine + friends
sage & onion

Cheers,

D

at this moment...i aint sure...as i have another thingy to attend to..but might come around with X...if i can't get out of it...ya'll have fun!!

cheers
me
constantine

Aug 10, 2006
We can get a table for 2 large (i.e spend that much min on drinks) and have up to 10-12 there. although regardless its still 50 per person if showing up after 10pm.

Its an expensive option unless we have enough people confirmed, so let me know your status by pm.

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Aug 10, 2006
2000 Dhms per table

50 per person

We need 40 person !!

Smartd, i think we can stick to the 50 per person
yshimy

Aug 10, 2006
Forget the table idea its not worth it.
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Aug 11, 2006
I'm back home, it was nice seeing ya all, hope you ad fun, i'm just having a sandwitch and watching coach carter on showtime :D

yeah, still got some stamina for that.

cheers mates, see ya next meeting.
yshimy

Aug 11, 2006
Yshimy! You are the man!! After being out of sorts and desperate to get in he comes out and sorts things out! Thanks man, was great to meet you & Smartd again (And Alexandria of course :))

See you all at the next meet.

p.s. I haven't slept yet!
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 11, 2006
Haven't slept!!!!! :shock:
You were lucky man or what??? :wink:

Anyway, it seems you had alot of hanky panky and mumbo jumbo.

hehehe, j/k

Yeah, Smartd, Still da Man, it was nice seeing you there.
Alexandria, you rocked..

It was sad we didn't see all the folks said they are coming.

Cheers mates
yshimy

Aug 12, 2006
yshimy wrote:Haven't slept!!!!! :shock:

hehehe, j/k

Alexandria, you rocked..

Cheers mates

LOOOL @ you!!

No I didn't get lucky or whatever, I just was hyper and stuff... Sleeping disorders are cool ;)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 12, 2006
Apartment's really good, only this summer the a/c's aren't workin or something. The place was seriously drenching with water last time i went a few weeks ago, we almost drowned! Humidity with sweat and heat like there's no a/c at all. It was so hot that nobody had the energy to dance- a real nightmare! Plus the entrance is suddenly from the backside. Donno whats happening there anymore, it used to better. The crowd's gettin weirder and so is the music.. where are all the hot dj's that used to come down there?

Peppermint and C-Bar are cool.. Has anyone been to Buudha Bar or Lotus One? Heard theyre both pre-party lounges/pub!? Where else can someone go to shake his/her booty?! NOT zinc, trilogy or boudoir pleease.
beachbelle
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 12, 2006
yshimy wrote:Haven't slept!!!!! :shock:

hehehe, j/k

Alexandria, you rocked..

Cheers mates

yshimy
really would have loved to join you...but was celebrating DKs birthday...and was a bit under the weather...but perhaps next time....thanks for keeping me in mind though :wink:
constantine

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat