Watch Out For These Guys

Topic locked
Watch Out for these Guys Jan 22, 2009
Hi. Actually this is not for me but for our poor office boy.

While going home last night in Rashidiya, 5 Arab men stopped him posing as CID's and asked him to remove his belt bag for checking. When they checked the bag and saw the Labour Card, they gave it back to him and took the rest of his belongings (cash, fone, credit cards and so).

We asked him if he asked for some ID's and he said yes and they mauled him afterwards.

With this global crisis, unrighteous one's are now raging in every corner. Our own safety is at stake here.

Be careful guys. It happened to me before in Mall of Emirates though in a different manner, but still, have to be cautious.

ce*ce_me :shock: :shock:

My Only Love Sprung From My Only Hate

ce*ce_me
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 23, 2009
in mall of the emirates how???and where exactly you mean inside the mall or in the parkings?
Miss_lolly
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 27, 2009
oh no actually..what i meant was..i also lost my belongings..inside SPRINGS shoes to be exact...someone took it while i was busy fitting some shoes..
ce*ce_me
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 29, 2009
I have heard lots of similar stories. Many of them take advantage of the fact that the expats can't read/understand arabic.

Several months ago I had written a letter to KT on requesting the authorities to have information campaigns on how residents can recognize CID officers not in uniform and in unmarked vehicles. Fell on deaf ears.

Best solution: when in doubt - agree to meet at the nearest police station or any approach any visible police vehicle or officer or call 999 in front of them. Of course your intention is only to protect yourself so no one can say anything about that.

And don't go with them if they ask you come somewhere.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 31, 2009
michaeldubai wrote:I have heard lots of similar stories. Many of them take advantage of the fact that the expats can't read/understand arabic.

Several months ago I had written a letter to KT on requesting the authorities to have information campaigns on how residents can recognize CID officers not in uniform and in unmarked vehicles. Fell on deaf ears.

Best solution: when in doubt - agree to meet at the nearest police station or any approach any visible police vehicle or officer or call 999 in front of them. Of course your intention is only to protect yourself so no one can say anything about that.

And don't go with them if they ask you come somewhere.

how i wish he would have done that..but the scary thing is..he was surrounded by 4 arab men...and got scared..
ce*ce_me
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Watch Out for these Guys Feb 03, 2009
ce*ce_me wrote:Hi. Actually this is not for me but for our poor office boy.

While going home last night in Rashidiya, 5 Arab men stopped him posing as CID's and asked him to remove his belt bag for checking. When they checked the bag and saw the Labour Card, they gave it back to him and took the rest of his belongings (cash, fone, credit cards and so).

We asked him if he asked for some ID's and he said yes and they mauled him afterwards.

With this global crisis, unrighteous one's are now raging in every corner. Our own safety is at stake here.

Be careful guys. It happened to me before in Mall of Emirates though in a different manner, but still, have to be cautious.

that is just very dirty and cheap..i mean taking money off poor people is horrible..they barely get enough pay to survive and now hearing about this makes it even worse...
Sandy101
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Watch Out for these Guys Feb 09, 2009
Sandy101 wrote:

that is just very dirty and cheap..i mean taking money off poor people is horrible..they barely get enough pay to survive and now hearing about this makes it even worse...

i guess that's how life goes sandy..but i believe in karma..what goes around comes around right????
ce*ce_me
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Watch Out for these Guys Feb 10, 2009
ce*ce_me wrote:
Sandy101 wrote:

i guess that's how life goes sandy..but i believe in karma..what goes around comes around right????

i totally agree with u on that ce*ce
Sandy101
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list