Your Favoritr Vehicle EVER????

Topic locked
Your Favoritr Vehicle EVER???? Aug 07, 2007
Can be a car, motorbike, push bike, whatever.. And just to make it interesting you have to take into account value for money as well as fun and street credibility. And it must be something you or family owned rather than a fantasy.

Mine was a Banana Bike I got the summer I finished 5th Grade. It was yellow to boot! Rode it dawn till dusk (stopping only for meals).

p.s. picked ahead of one of the cars I've owned on the "value for money" factor :P

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2007
Nissan (S14) 200SX with 2.0 Litre Turbo pushing 16 psi + intercooler.

Oh mama! that thing flew.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 07, 2007
Mine would always be the Royal Enfield Lightning 353 cc. I miss my bike..:| A real show stealer, can think about it and feel the Adrenalin rush n the raw power ..

This is not my bike.. mine has dark brown n sandalwood color.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Aug 07, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:Mine would always be the Royal Enfield Lightning 353 cc. I miss my bike..:| A real show stealer, can think about it and feel the Adrenalin rush n the raw power ..

Can you speed up on that thing. Where is the open road? aren't there always a gazillion people on the raod back home (or did you ride it somewhere else!).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2007
mine would be a suzuki Shogun -110 cc 14 bhp, enough power for the city:)

Had a BMW funduro 650cc for sometime, but it guzzled fuel, sold it off rightaway :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2007
Concord wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:Mine would always be the Royal Enfield Lightning 353 cc. I miss my bike..:| A real show stealer, can think about it and feel the Adrenalin rush n the raw power ..

Can you speed up on that thing. Where is the open road? aren't there always a gazillion people on the raod back home (or did you ride it somewhere else!).

with 18+ bhp.. at that point in time, la350 was the fastest indian bike on roads, I've managed to go post 160 many a times(may b with a speedo error of 5-6 ). I could take on almost any Indian bikes... have it from post graduation days.. our bikiers group had suzuki shoguns , pulsars n some modified yamahas (dont think of the super bikes :) they were just half super bike lookalikes)
I could take on anyone right from the trafic signals.. just that braking was a bit of a problem in short distance.. I would always skid n stop.
Later during work I was used to getting back from work in the late evenings.. and some good wide roads on the way back..race wid fellow drifters.. n have an ego boost. :D

oh n it was a pre launch vehicle so some extra power.. they made only 35 of them..

BTW Thanks for the topic conc :d though it makes me nostalgic.. terrific to think abt it..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Aug 07, 2007
Jeevan wrote:mine would be a suzuki Shogun -110 cc 14 bhp, enough power for the city:)

Had a BMW funduro 650cc for sometime, but it guzzled fuel, sold it off rightaway :lol:

wow u must've owned a petrol bunk those days.. :D and i'm sure u'd 've had a pretty long queue of girls waiting to get behind ya.. :D
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Aug 07, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:
Jeevan wrote:mine would be a suzuki Shogun -110 cc 14 bhp, enough power for the city:)

wow u must've owned a petrol bunk those days.. :D and i'm sure u'd 've had a pretty long queue of girls waiting to get behind ya.. :D

well the shogun was good enuff for that :wink:

the car- Maruti suzuki 800 most economic and small car on the indian roads, advantage - even a road side mechanic can repair it :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2007
My Corrado VR6 which I was obsessed with for several years. It roared and was the most fun car I have ever owned.

Top gears review;

jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Aug 07, 2007
1987 Dodge Shelby Charger turbo, at 16 this was just a fun car to own, I was a happy kid.

Picture courtesy of google, but mine looked exactly like this.

fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 07, 2007
fayz wrote:1987 Dodge Shelby Charger turbo, at 16 this was just a fun car to own, I was a happy kid.

Picture courtesy of google, but mine looked exactly like this.

You must have got it brand new! ;-) Lucky 16 year old.
^ian^

Aug 07, 2007
actually i bought it auction, it was funny as I bought it and didn't know how to drive a manual, i had to get a friend to drive me home, lol. Best CDN 3,500 I ever spent, I miss that car :cry: :cry:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 07, 2007
My first car was a 1986 Holden VL Commodore. It has a Nissan Skyline RB30 engine in it, and it went like a cut snake.

It looked better than the one in this picture though:

^ian^

Aug 07, 2007
This is the one i intend to buy when back :)

Apache RTR

Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2007
Ooops and just in case (has to be done).

Do not move to "Auto" forum the thread is "Vehicle" :P
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2007
By the way, I meant this kind of Banana Bike,

not this one

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2007
Jeevan wrote:This is the one i intend to buy when back :)

Apache RTR

Concord wrote:Can be a car, motorbike, push bike, whatever.. And just to make it interesting you have to take into account value for money as well as fun and street credibility. And it must be something you or family owned rather than a fantasy.

Mine was a Banana Bike I got the summer I finished 5th Grade. It was yellow to boot! Rode it dawn till dusk (stopping only for meals).

p.s. picked ahead of one of the cars I've owned on the "value for money" factor :P

Jeevan see red text!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2007
sorry concord:) couldnt hold back actually i already have booked it, so its not a fantasy. So its in my rights and legalities of the thread to post the picture of my bike when i get to India.

you dont like it, go protest :lol: :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2007
Jeevan wrote:sorry concord:) couldnt hold back actually i already have booked it, so its not a fantasy. So its in my rights and legalities of the thread to post the picture of my bike when i get to India.

you dont like it, go protest :lol: :lol:

I will, but via supersupersupersupersupersuper confidential and personal pm to almighty.

*Dear almighty...*
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2007
Favourite ever vehicle is not actually mine, was my hubby's but we both enjoyed it 8) :

Just him:

With me on the back :D

2002 Ducati 998. A marvelous piece of machinery. Sadly no longer with us :(
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 07, 2007
any superbike
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2007
Dee

Is that u? or pics off google:) i mean u must've had fun :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2007
Jeevan, its me. I uploaded them on Picasa (google photos) as flickr here is banned! If you notice the pic URL has my name on it :wink:
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 07, 2007
I suppose it was my Audi Quatro back in early 90's. Red, with black leather seats. Total p*ssy magnet hehehehehe ! I could wheel spin the thing at 80mph !! Not good for the pocket, but great for the ego.

More recently, I was lucky enough to have an Masda MX3. Much more understaed sports car and [I think] the smallest V6 of all production cars ? Only had an 1.8i in it, but was so light and responsive, it could taken on a few porsches and suburus [albeit cr@p drivers] !

Sold it for a deposit on my flat !
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 07, 2007
I suppose it was my Audi Quatro back in early 90's. Red, with black leather seats. Total p*ssy magnet hehehehehe ! I could wheel spin the thing at 80mph !! Not good for the pocket, but great for the ego.

More recently, I was lucky enough to have an Masda MX3. Much more understaed sports car and [I think] the smallest V6 of all production cars ? Only had an 1.8i in it, but was so light and responsive, it could taken on a few porsches and suburus [albeit cr@p drivers] !

Sold it for a deposit on my flat !
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 07, 2007
DeeDee wrote:Jeevan, its me. I uploaded them on Picasa (google photos) as flickr here is banned! If you notice the pic URL has my name on it :wink:

wow :) cool bike..n nice work at the cam..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Aug 07, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:
DeeDee wrote:Jeevan, its me. I uploaded them on Picasa (google photos) as flickr here is banned! If you notice the pic URL has my name on it :wink:

wow :) cool bike..n nice work at the cam..

Pic wasn't taken by us. In Sydney, there is this road called the Old Pacific Highway (aka Old Road). Its basically a windy raod that takes you from northern parts of Sydney to Gosford, a good 30-40km run of twists and turns (and fun!). As this road was popular with bikes & sports cars there was always a photographer on this particular corner that took shots of everyone passing by. We stopped by one day and asked if we could get copies of these pics, and he gave us a website to look at them, hence where I got these photos from (Deenopix). I think the image above with us in it ended up on one of his ads :D
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 07, 2007
Picked up this '87 Supra Twin Turbo with modded engine last year. Around 300 hp at the price of a laptop. Still playing around with it.

gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 07, 2007

Volvo XC90 V8 Awsome
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 07, 2007
sage & onion wrote:Image

Volvo XC90 V8 Awsome

Your car needs more character. Having the same car as Jeremy Clarkson is not enough.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto