2007 CRV - Comment Pls

Topic locked
2007 CRV - comment pls Dec 17, 2006
Thanks to all those who has been giving me pointers. I have jumped from one model to another and recently I saw the new 2007 CRV. They are resonably priced and the exteriors are tolerable as well.

Anyone has one or know about the car. Pros & cons? It's not for off road driving. Any freebies on DFS? Kindly share your thoughts.

Cheers!

BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Dec 17, 2006
I've only seen the outside of the new CRV and it looks fab! Much better design than previous years.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 18, 2006
Too bad they don't sell the Acura version here, it's a beut :)

I'm a big fan of Hondas, and the new CRV looks way better than they old one.

Good luck in your decision,
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Re: 2007 CRV - comment pls Dec 18, 2006
BabyDoll wrote:Thanks to all those who has been giving me pointers. I have jumped from one model to another and recently I saw the new 2007 CRV. They are resonably priced and the exteriors are tolerable as well.

Anyone has one or know about the car. Pros & cons? It's not for off road driving. Any freebies on DFS? Kindly share your thoughts.

Cheers!

My firend, you are right, you are jumping from one model to another, don't you think its about time you actually bought a damn car, instead of asking so many questions. You are going to get yourself confused with all the cars and all the questions (just an observation from someone with a lot of experience in this).

I think the CRV is pants i.e. looks aweful.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 19, 2006
you should get the mugen crv :)

Avium
Dubai Forum User

Re: 2007 CRV - comment pls Dec 20, 2006
If I know I wouldn't be posting here would I? Besides new models keep coming out, fast these days, its so hard to keep track.

So if you have so much experience why don't you give your 2 cents worth instead of just "it looks awful" remark? :shock:

yorky500 wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:Thanks to all those who has been giving me pointers. I have jumped from one model to another and recently I saw the new 2007 CRV. They are resonably priced and the exteriors are tolerable as well.

Cheers!

My firend, you are right, you are jumping from one model to another, don't you think its about time you actually bought a damn car, instead of asking so many questions. You are going to get yourself confused with all the cars and all the questions (just an observation from someone with a lot of experience in this).

I think the CRV is pants i.e. looks aweful.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Dec 20, 2006
Yeah it was crap from previous years. I am deciding between comfort, power and resale value. I think Honda has higher resale value compare to say Ford ???

kanelli wrote:I've only seen the outside of the new CRV and it looks fab! Much better design than previous years.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Re: 2007 CRV - comment pls Dec 20, 2006
BabyDoll wrote:If I know I wouldn't be posting here would I? Besides new models keep coming out, fast these days, its so hard to keep track.

So if you have so much experience why don't you give your 2 cents worth instead of just "it looks awful" remark? :shock:

If you keep waiting for new models to stop coming out, then you will be waiting forever and ever. Why don't you just go and test drive one? Most dealerships have cars that you can take for test drives. There is NO obligation to buy it at the end.

The reason why i said: stop asking so many questions is that it is YOU buying the car, not us. Your wants and needs from a car is different to each of us.

You said "I am deciding between comfort, power and resale value" from my experience, you need to decide yourself exactly what you want first. If you narow your search down to two specific models say, then it will be a lot easier. As I said, it's you who will driving the car, you who will be geting out of it what you want and you who will be paying for it.

If you are deciding on a car based on other peoples opinions, then you are lost. Its no good, sorry, plain and simple.

You have no idea what you want in the first place. Decide that, and it will narow your choices down.

PS: Honda do have a far, far better re-sale value than Ford.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 20, 2006
Oh, sorry. You asked for opinions, well you got mine: I think it looks pants. I am not an SUV/4x4 person, but the Honda I think is ugly.

Murano/FX35 are by far better looking SUV's, but that is MY OPINION.

Also, what is your budget, that would also be a great help.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 20, 2006
Thanks for your constructive comments :lol:

I have narrowed down to the Escape & CRV (yes I am not a SUV person either but I am in Dubai and I do need to go to sites and I don't want a big car) They are about the same price ie below 100k. Agree on Murano, I like it as well. Why not chuck in Range Rover Sports as well but they are expensive :cry:

So it's between 3L 6 cycl Escape or 2.4L 4 cycl CRV. Since you mentioned resale value is higher for Honda, it helps in deciding!!

Although its "your" opinion, I'd appreciate it anyway.

yorky500 wrote:Oh, sorry. You asked for opinions, well you got mine: I think it looks pants. I am not an SUV/4x4 person, but the Honda I think is ugly.

Murano/FX35 are by far better looking SUV's, but that is MY OPINION.

Also, what is your budget, that would also be a great help.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Dec 20, 2006
BabyDoll wrote:Thanks for your constructive comments :lol:

I have narrowed down to the Escape & CRV (yes I am not a SUV person either but I am in Dubai and I do need to go to sites and I don't want a big car) They are about the same price ie below 100k. Agree on Murano, I like it as well. Why not chuck in Range Rover Sports as well but they are expensive :cry:

So it's between 3L 6 cycl Escape or 2.4L 4 cycl CRV. Since you mentioned resale value is higher for Honda, it helps in deciding!!

Right we have narrowed it down somewhat then, that is good.

Price of petrol is immaterial, so the choice between 4 and 6 cyl is a no go.
Resale: I would Honda all the way
Fuel economy: If you are doing long drives, then the 6cyl comes into play. Mainly town driving, then 4 cyl comes into play.
Comfort: I would have to say Honda (but have not been in either of the two)
Reliability: Honda all the way
Ruggedness: Escape plus better off road (possibly)

Also, and as a side note: i think the Honda looks like a girls car. Its "cute" unless you are talking about the Mugen version.

Ring up both dealerships and book a test drive. Easiest way to find out.

I too have to go to Sites, but we have site cars for that which we take from Site office.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 20, 2006
Hey thanks again for the input.

I have already rung the dealers that is how I got the info. However I haven't been told of the mugen.. Will check again :shock:

Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of having site cars like you. ...

Cheers!

yorky500 wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:Thanks for your constructive comments :lol:

Right we have narrowed it down somewhat then, that is good.

Price of petrol is immaterial, so the choice between 4 and 6 cyl is a no go.
Resale: I would Honda all the way
Fuel economy: If you are doing long drives, then the 6cyl comes into play. Mainly town driving, then 4 cyl comes into play.
Comfort: I would have to say Honda (but have not been in either of the two)
Reliability: Honda all the way
Ruggedness: Escape plus better off road (possibly)

Also, and as a side note: i think the Honda looks like a girls car. Its "cute" unless you are talking about the Mugen version.

Ring up both dealerships and book a test drive. Easiest way to find out.

I too have to go to Sites, but we have site cars for that which we take from Site office.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Ford Escape? Jan 04, 2007
Hi Baby Doll

which car did you end up with? we are also looking at the escape - wanted to know, if you ended up getting one, how you are finding it?

Going for a test drive this weekend, but always good to get feedback from someone who is driving one every day.

Thanks!
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 05, 2007
is u gonna give a brother a ride whenever if ever u buy your car... hmmmm baby?
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto