What's Hot In Dubai????

Topic locked
What's hot in Dubai???? Aug 02, 2006
Hi,
I am working for a company who is currently in the very early concept stages for a theme park in the UAE, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what is popular in Dubai right now, and what is not. One ride we have designed has a dragon on it, but someone has suggested that dragons are a serious no no in the area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

seam
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 02, 2006
So that's why Dragonmart is such a huge flop. Maybe it needs to be renovated into a Camel Mart?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 02, 2006
I have it!! You could build the Contructacon!

It will be a themed ride where participants are made to scale scaffolding in 40 degree heat sometimes up to 50 stories high, with no safety equipment. Whats more the ride will last from 6 am in the morning to 6 pm in the evening, with a small break somewhere in the middle.

As part of the ride, participants will be given the opportunity to pour concrete, weld reo-bars, or use a nail gun with absolutely no training. Very lucky participants will also be given the opportunity (not optional though) to drive a truck with no formal training and with strict deadlines to get from A to B.

You could charge upwards fo 700 dirhams for this opportunity and thrillseekers must leave their passport at the door.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 02, 2006
Can I buy a labour card with my token winnings?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 02, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Can I buy a labour card with my token winnings?

You may but it will take some time to come through and in the meantime your visit visa will well and truly expire. But we'll have your passport anyway, so don't worry.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 02, 2006
And don't forget that there will be no water or any refreshments
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 02, 2006
no need to bring clothes ride operators will provide suits
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 02, 2006
^ian^ wrote:I have it!! You could build the Contructacon!

It will be a themed ride where participants are made to scale scaffolding in 40 degree heat sometimes up to 50 stories high, with no safety equipment. Whats more the ride will last from 6 am in the morning to 6 pm in the evening, with a small break somewhere in the middle.

As part of the ride, participants will be given the opportunity to pour concrete, weld reo-bars, or use a nail gun with absolutely no training. Very lucky participants will also be given the opportunity (not optional though) to drive a truck with no formal training and with strict deadlines to get from A to B.

You could charge upwards fo 700 dirhams for this opportunity and thrillseekers must leave their passport at the door.

:lol: :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 02, 2006
Great ride Ian
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: What's hot in Dubai???? Aug 02, 2006
seam wrote:Hi,
Whats hot in Dubai?.

me 8) 8) 8)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Corcovado wrote:
Whats hot in Dubai?.

me 8) 8) 8)

:shock: :lol:

the only thing missing here is for u to say "call me, im hot :blob6: , burning in fire"

:lol: :lol: :lol: , girl u r smthing
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

raidah wrote:
Corcovado wrote:
Whats hot in Dubai?.

me 8) 8) 8)

the only thing missing here is for u to say "call me, im hot :blob6: , burning in fire"

Not really :lol: :lol: :lol: just a funny mood :lol: :lol: :lol: but that does not change the fact that i am hot hehehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Corcovado wrote:
raidah wrote:
Corcovado wrote:
Whats hot in Dubai?.

me 8) 8) 8)

Not really :lol: :lol: :lol: just a funny mood :lol: :lol: :lol: but that does not change the fact that i am hot hehehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

than u need to solve it asap. where r all the men? Corc needs a helping hand :lol: :lol:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 06, 2006
I like the idea of constructicon :lol:
I have a cool idea hows about Oblivion SZR. The ride takes place on one of the afformentioned truck driven from a to b by an unlucky gent with no training and no concept of death. doing about 120kmh the wrong way down the SZR with only three nuts holding on each wheel and the truck spewing out black smoke into the load bay which all the ride participants are sitting in, you get covered in sh@. Then when you get to the destination your turned back as you have the wrong type of sand. then you repeat that journey again from about 5am-7pm 7days a week for 6 years. Again about 700dhs is a fair price for the ride but all you need is a pair of shorts a dodgy t shirt and some flip flops.
I tHiNk
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Passport optional :D
watkinssound
Dubai Forums Member

Re: What's hot in Dubai???? Aug 07, 2006
raidah wrote:than u need to solve it asap. where r all the men? Corc needs a helping hand :lol: :lol:

American Pie fan are we?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Business TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Business Talk