Value Of .ae Domain Names Are Rising Very Sharply

Topic locked
Value of .ae domain names are rising very sharply Aug 31, 2008
I am just looking into .ae names at the moment. I think they are growing in value sharply at the moment.

Good names are already selling at quite high dollar values and most good names have already been registered such as creditcards.ae and loans.ae (by National Bank of Dubai) so there is a lot of demand with companies for them. That reflects their prices at the moment. For instance

tv.ae sold for $8000
Apartments.ae sold for $7000
Cruise.ae sold for $3000

Well worth the investment for the future especially while Dubai is growing and Internet use is becoming more common in Dubai. I think the .ae extention is attractive.

I have picked up a few .ae domains recently. Not selling most of them at the moment..

The only one I have listed for sale is realestatesales.ae for 6950 AED at the moment. Any .ae domains to do with the realestate market are extremely rare and very difficult to obtain as you can imagine.

Would like to know what others think.

manora
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 01, 2008
I agree with you Gazzip .com are easily the best no doubt BUT then so is the price for .com domains as well !! If you imagine something like Cruise.com or fund.com which sold recently for over $10 million its not easy for the ordinary investor to get into unless you have a few million USD lying around.

Thats why I think .ae extentions are a good bet, because at the moment you can pick up really good generic commercially viable .ae domain names for under $10,000 maximum. This is not going to continue very much longer.

EADA the Dubai domain authority have just made domains purchases accessible to the international markets without it being necessary to live in Dubai. I was speaking to one registrar and they say it has caused a surge in .ae registrations from european and australian domain investors. Because I believe .ae domain prices are still considerably undervalued.

Although I understand your point about .com being top of the tree Country Level Domains e.g .co.uk or (UK) .in (india) or .ca (canada) and others such as China and Switzerland etc have some amazing prices associated with their domains. Again Cruises.co.uk sold for $1.5 million.

In short Country Level Domain Name sales follow the money. As we all know rapid expansion in Dubai (especially in Property) and the rapid increase in population with internet use will mean more people conducting internet business and already more and more companies in Dubai have the .ae extention.

I also agree with you that not all names are good for .ae You have to get things which are in demand locally thats why all the really good property .ae names have already been registered e.g. freehold.ae property.ae and the like and are going for good money even now e.g. apartments.ae sold for $7000.

I think the time to register really good .ae domains has now nearly passed but picking up really good dmains on the secondary market is well worth it. I picked up savings.ae for $1950, debts.ae for $1350 and deposits.ae for $950 a few weeks ago.
manora
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 02, 2008
Hi,

Not sure why they named it .ae and not .uae I guess this is a ICANN thing and not controlled by the country themselves. I think thats how .tv came into existance its the name of some obscure islands in the pacific and now there main economy is registering DOMAIN NAMES with the .tv extention..

Concerning the names .it italy, .be belgium, .fr france, .se sweden etc etc ...not bad without looking up as you said...LOL!!!

I have to disagree with you the .ae market will grow remarkably and so will the sale prices simply because of the conditions in Dubai (please save this post for future reference when prices of good .ae names are sky high LOL!!!!)

In fact I am already having difficulty getting really good names on the secondary market. I made an offer of $1500 for investment.ae which was rejected. Also offered on rentals.ae which has a minimum of $2000 without any luck. As for businesses.ae even $4000 is not enough.

So I suggest get in there now with slightly lower quality names than these OR even buy these Top Premiums now as I can't really see something like businesses.ae or rentals.ae going for anything less than $10,000 next year.

Would love to hear from you Gazzip and anyone else who wants to have an opinion.

Regards
manora
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Value Of .ae Domain Names Are Rising Very Sharply Nov 10, 2010
This thread is very old infact 2 years so as you can imagine the value of .ae domains has gone up, The reason i'm posting is because 2 of the domains you mentioned i own Investments.ae and Rentals.ae i'm open to offers on these top premium domains your welcome to private message me or make a offer through sedo.com thanks.
Investments
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Business TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Business Talk