Restaurant Idea's

Topic locked
restaurant idea's Aug 13, 2007
I am planning to start a restaurant (catering business), but im looking for new idea's, please mention any specific type of food you would like to have at a restaurant and a specific service (something new), or a specific theme, just list all your idea's, im sure they will all be useful to me..

hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

only Italian style Aug 23, 2007
Ciao, I strongly suggest Italian food, worldwide famous and not too much used in Dubai yet. Contact me if you need further infos
fabiana
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 24, 2007
i thought no one would ever reply to this post..

Thanks alot fabiana, the more idea's the better it is for me, anything that comes to your mind, something special though, i have been to italy before and realized that the italian food we have here is not the same as the italian there, hahaha (when i went to italy, i acted like i know the food there, it was funny)..

let me know what you think about where would be the ideal location, theme, environment, specific meals you would like to see on the menu, drinks (non-alcoholic), how you would you pay? how long can you wait for the food be get ready?

appreciate your help..
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 24, 2007
oh oh oh, i have one, and if you open this I'll happily frequent your resteraunt.

Open a Vietnamese Pho and Baan resteraunt on Shk Zayed Road, A large portion of Canadian, American, Australian, etc. expats grew up eating cheap Vietnames Beef Noodle soups etc for lunch and I haven’t been able to find a place with passable Pho in Dubai.

It is an untapped market and if you charge a reasonable price, < AED 25 a bowl and you offer a good authentic product you'll have wicked projit margins and you’ll kill off the noodle house, Wagamam etc.. You can sell Vietnamese coffee and even set up an outdoor area with beanbags, shisha pumping some Buddha bar or something and selling Lychee flavoured shisha to supplement your income in the evening.

Idea provided free of charge no need for royalties, just open it dammit.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

good replay Sep 04, 2007
american chiness........ all big big resturant more in dubai, so u select good place i have shop in goood place
miraclecreations
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Grand Cafe Amsterdam Sep 10, 2007
hello

Start a Amsterdam Grand Cafe, traveling people who stay in Holland know about the Grand cafe/restaurants, this are not koffie shops, do not make a mistake, they are for a joint.

Grand Cafe s will be soon open in St.Peterburg / Paris and New York, it is a combination from indoor house style Amsterdam and kolonial style from Indonesia, Grand Cafe s are for every one open, and they have a mix of Dutch & Indonesian food, people love it, only you need a lot of money for this, everything have to be hand maked in Holland, but try it.

Succes in your plan.

Henk
Henk
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 10, 2007
you know what gets me, there are no restaurants that have local food like khameer, chabaab, balaleet, loogaymaat, maleeh....etc

i love those but only the mothers know how to cook them
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 10, 2007
maybe a southeast asian fusion restaurant-- mix of thai, filipino, malaysian, singapore, indonesian food :)
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 10, 2007
Bleakus wrote:you know what gets me, there are no restaurants that have local food like khameer, chabaab, balaleet, loogaymaat, maleeh....etc

i love those but only the mothers know how to cook them

That would be a great idea, there are so many people that come to visit and all are curious to try local food and there aren't really any.

Good suggestion.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Dubai Business TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Business Talk