Online Business Requirements

Topic locked
Online Business requirements Jun 30, 2010
Ive been searching online for a list of requirements in starting an online business. i just want to sell products that i make, just like etsy items in the states. but souq.com does not offer a creative layout. and if i start an online business (with a starting income of less than 1000 dhs) do you need to get a certain license so that you can get your import some items here (like craft materials etc etc).

i already emailed chamber of commerce and DED, but no helpful feedback.
its not going to be a big business, just a small- i sell 5 pcs of this item that i made- kind of business.

any feedback, would be highly apprecaited.
tried to search the forums, but cannot find anything helpful regarding online businesses.

rheytard
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Online Business requirements Jul 06, 2010
Hey,

glad to have met you here.Im in the same boat as you are. I have been selling online (through my blog, facebook and souq ) for several months now. But i would love to import in larger quantities so that i can get free shiping or save a lot on shipping. And i would love to know the legal requirements for that.
I want to have a website and sell only through that, No shop! 8)
I'm searching for this information for quite sometime with very less progress,maybe dubai is new to the business of setting up an online business.Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
girliestuffs
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Online Business Requirements Aug 03, 2010
Hello,

Have you guys already started your online business? Hope it's doing well. My professional internet marketing team would be glad to help you market your websites. Please send me your contact details at robertdeehan@yahoo.com .

Thanks and cheers,

Rob
robdeehan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Online Business Requirements Jul 19, 2013
I would also like to know the feedback from you as how you have started your business in Dubai and what where the necessary documents for that. I have some information about companies in Perth helping people in their migration and business setup needs. Accountants Perth Business advisors & Company Formation | Migration Agents-Immigration Agent Perth You can visit respective text to visit their websites.
singhabhishek251
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Online Business Requirements Jul 19, 2013
Well having an online business doesnt need license or paperwork. The only problem is that if you deal on huge amount of items and importing craft just like u said, customs will question you. I had a problem about that before. I ran several online businesses. If you are planning to buy product outside and want to import it here you have to do it by batch. And address it to your name not by your online business name. Also If you can instruct the sender to send it just like sending a normal package. because if you receive huge boxes, it will go to customs and they will monitor it..
jonrs
Dubai Forum Visitor

undefined Jan 09, 2014
Hello ,

Does anybody have answers of these questions :

Which trade license is applicable for online store ?
Do we need to have a local partner for online store ?
Do we need to have a physical office before having an online store ?
Can I give my residence address as a physical office address ?
Dreams
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Online Business Requirements Jan 17, 2014
It is good to have an online business in UAE. It is not easy to start an eCommerce website in this competitive edge. You have to think before your competitors act. This is is key of your business success. I recommend you to go with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for quick online business marketing.
smartsoftwaredubai
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Mar 25, 2014
Assalamu'Alaikum...I read all your questions and the replies for that. But still I'm stuck with this doubt. Mine is a different issue. I deal with hijabs. I get it at wholesale and sell it on retail. My store is only online. Until now all my customers are from India and I haven't used any shipping method. I simply send it through my family members who goes there or I myself take it along when I go to India and they pay me in the Indian currency. Do I need any trading licence for this.

--- Mar 25, 2014 ---

favedainty
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Business TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Business Talk