Need Advice

Topic locked
Need advice Jun 29, 2006
Hi

Can anybody help me in finding a solution.

I am living in UAE one of my frnd fm phillipine wants investment from me to do some business in dubai together. Every thing is well understood and agreed. but we are stuck in the only issue of some gurantee for the recovery of my investment. I dont know how to solve this problem, he proposed me dat he will give bank gurantee of his house in manila. Would dat be of any help if something goes wrong.
can somebody through some detail info on this issue.
thanx,

Fatah
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 01, 2006
i dont think dat its a nice reason
saim
Dubai Forum Visitor

Need advice Jul 02, 2006
thanx, are u sayin dat takin a bank gurantee wud not be nice reason ?can u pls explain in detail
Fatah
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 02, 2006
Are you talking to yourself?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Need advice Jul 07, 2006
Fatah wrote:Hi

Can anybody help me in finding a solution.

I am living in UAE one of my frnd fm phillipine wants investment from me to do some business in dubai together. Every thing is well understood and agreed. but we are stuck in the only issue of some gurantee for the recovery of my investment. I dont know how to solve this problem, he proposed me dat he will give bank gurantee of his house in manila. Would dat be of any help if something goes wrong.
can somebody through some detail info on this issue.
thanx,

I don't know the nature of business you wish to partner with your Phil friend however your facing a huge risk if your the only one who can stash $$$ for this business. "with a piece of paper stating bank guarantee" first the value of property in PI isn't the same appreciation value as dubai or any country, it appreciate very slow or sometimes it won't due to economic situation more over not much of investors vested in PI. I do not know the length of your relationship with your Phil friend and the trust you put in his proposal, cause bottom line, its your $$$. Few suggestion to protect your investment.

1. If your Phil friend want to take loan from you to start a business you can take full ownership of this venture
2. You can give him small share of the company until such time when both partner gain back the capital vested plus net profit then you can re evaluate your agreement with him but till then do not give him half ownership of this company.
4. If you really want his term, you can still do it but do not give him large ownership to the business you both wish to open, until he can prove that he can make $$$$ for this company
5. If your business is consumer driven then it is not hard to gain your investment back.

Keep in mind before opening your business you need to think about your client base, your products use and what service you can offer to make this happen for you and your company. You need to lined up your clients first before taking any risk.

Anyhow bottom line is its your decession cause its your $$$$ after all

I hope this help

GI
Geraldine
Dubai Forums Member

Need Advice Jul 07, 2006
GI

Thankyou very much for the detail info on the subject, really, really appreciate dat...

My Phil frnd is planning to start up money exchange business in dubail and have good clientale. According to my knowledge its a good business provided she could get a licnece.

Anyways, am thankful to you for providing some info.

SA
Fatah
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Business TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Business Talk