Getting An Income From A Web-site

Topic locked
Getting an income from a web-site Jul 16, 2009
Do all you people suffering economically in Dubai......and elsewhere....realise that you can set up a web-site to earn you some supplementary income?

Here are examples of various income means :-
[1] Affiliate Marketing ..........gold-jewellery.net is an AFFILIATE of Diamonds International , which sells excellent jewellery at very competitive prices. If you click from gold-jewellery.net to Diamonds International and buy an item, the former gets a small commission!!

[2] Google Ads.......Look at www.visit-dubai.co.uk ; www.visit-the-world.co.uk and www.visit-wales.co.uk .
There are Google Ads around the perimeter....put there FREE by Google. If people click those Ads and open them , the web-site owner gets a small revenue.

[3] Direct selling of a web-site. Needs no explaining !!

To get the RIGHT DOMAIN for a commercial web-site , look at the domains for sale on www.visit-dubai.co.uk .
They are .COM , .NET and .CO.UK domains in the main. They will CLIMB Google rankings with the right content.

So...get a domain or two or three and write MINI-WEB SITES , then put Google Ads around the edge. When they are clicked by interested customers or searchers ...YOU EARN MONEY !

I got $217 US dollars from Google last month !!
Pays for beer and a couple of nights out!!

RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 16, 2009
Hi RK. How many hours a week do you spend maintaining your sites and the click through agreements to make that money?

Also you have to pay for domain names/email addresses yearly and web-hosting every month, right?

If people work from 9 to 5 would they have the time to spare to make a bit of beer money in this way? I set up business web sites for my old company and also for a friend in the distant past (the first one was all handcoded HTML in text files, no Dreamweaver, HoTMetaL etc. in those days!) and know that sites have to be maintained with fresh content, and also renovated/redesigned to keep them looking fresh or people just don't come back.

Just curious.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 17, 2009
I don't "maintain" sites much at all. But I write mini-sites quite regularly. I add them on.
My busiest site is visit-dubai.co.uk because it has got several pages.....far more than the others. No depth to visit-america.co.uk , just a couple of pages.

Google Ads are worth clicking if they supply what the searcher wants.
Sure, I do not make a fortune, but I am adding affiliate sites all the time.
See Birmingham-Airport-Parking.net and all the other Affiliate parking sites just written.

Plus gold-jewellery.net . See that !!

Many do not know how Google Adsense work. If visitors click a Google Ad , it opens and the site owner gets a small amount of money.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 17, 2009
Sorry, misinformed you !

It's www.birmingham-airport-parking.com I've set up, along with ones for Heathrow, Gatwick etc
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 17, 2009
OK I'm glad that it's working for you. And as the ball rolls I guess it gathers momentum. :)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 18, 2009
Well yes that is a nice way of earning money .

But it doesn't really end by writing a mini site and leaving it

Its important to gain exposure , to get people coming to your site .

Building backlinks is also important for the Search Engine rankings .

There is a lot more to it than you mentioned here :)
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 20, 2009
Dude,

Sure , there is a fair bit to it, but you have to start somewhere. The other Dubai domains I sell on www.visit-dubai.co.uk are good value in several cases . I am not charging a fortune for them considering what they are. Those names can MARKET !!
They will pay for themselves . You can sell advertising space on them too , and give MORE DEPTH to a web-site.
.co.uk domains have a greater chance of climbing Google UK , and there are 60 million people in the UK. You can add a page of content to a site every now and again. Get about 500 words up there first and a few Google Ads. Then , when interested people.......whom you may have informed through a blog or forum , of the existence of your site.....they may click some of the Google Ads to see what they are about.
When they do that.....you get paid a little money !! NOT a fortune!!

But I try to build up affiliate sites as well. This is what my birmingham-airport-parking.com is about. I have sites for other airports too , like Gatwick, Heathrow, Glasgow etc.

Get a web-site up there !!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 20, 2009
U ve got a point when you say those are good domain.

The reason is because it has keywords in it and is marketable.I would want to climb the world google not UK alone.

.co.uk limits my site to UK , if you would have researched in google trends , people who search for the keyword 'dubai' are mostly from UAE

I would rather like to have a '.ae' domain which would climb up much easier in a 'dubai' search .

But I would still would wanna go with a .com because it does not limit me to any place.

The thing here is have you searched for ' Make Money Online ' which is one of the highly searched keyword on the net . Have you see the site that shows up on the top , carlocab.com it doesnt have any of the keyword in its domain.

The thing here is we should more on the backlinks than on keywords.

I currently intend to develop dubai44.com took me 1 hour of domain search to get that domain.
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 20, 2009
dubai44.com - short but generic.

gottalovedubai.com is free, I like that one :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 20, 2009
Yerp :) , dubai44 is brandable as well.

If you can buy that domain , I would love to host it for you for free :)
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 20, 2009
Naw, but thanks. I don't need the pin money and prefer to spend my free time these days doing other stuff! :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 20, 2009
LOL , kewl :P
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 21, 2009
But what is so special about Dubai44. com ?

If that is great ? Then what about Dubai 45 ; Dubai 102 ; Dubai 1475 etc etc ?

What is MEMORABLE about 44....or significant?

I agree .com are BEST......but there are 60 MILLION PUNTERS in the UK too!!

You buy BOTH VERSIONS OF THE SAME DOMAIN!!

Besides www.visit-dubai.co.uk is SECOND when you search "visit dubai" into Google GLOBALLY....and TOP on Google UK!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 21, 2009
The point is that SOME will click the adverts on www.visit-the-world.co.uk and www.visit-dubai.co.uk

When they click those Google Ads, I earn a bit of money ....not a fortune......but it helps. I earned $24 US dollars on Saturday alone. Paid for a few beers!!

If I earned $20 per day.....that is $7300 US PER ANNUM !!

That is GOOD money. Try clicking Google Ads to see what I mean , and put a few on your own web-site.

I don't get $20 every day, but it would be a good target.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 21, 2009
That is nice :)

the whole question is , where did you get the back links from ?

and will be you interested in selling or trading links ?
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 21, 2009
No links from others. I have just set up a whole load of my OWN sites with www.visit-the-world.co.uk . Then www.visit-dubai.co.uk has dozens more , with articles on Dubai Gold Souk [ Google that on Google UK ] .and Dubai Shopping etc .
Tell you what ! I'll sell off some of the Dubai domains at reasonable prices, then you can build web-sites on Dubai and add Google Ads.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 21, 2009
I am interested in purchasing backlinks from your current dubai sites ?
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 21, 2009
Dude,

I have just clicked your "Dubai" site. I opened a four of your Ads to see what they were about. Interesting stuff !!

You've got the idea ! Maybe you need more Ads though and more sites with GOOD DUBAI DOMAINS .

I have domains for sale on www.visit-dubai.co.uk
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 21, 2009
I am interested can I have your MSN/Yahoo/Gmail so we can talk further about it !
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 22, 2009
Dude,

Do you own the "Dubai" site?

Lyn
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 22, 2009
Yerp , I own the site !

I visited visit-dubai.co.uk couldn't really find domains that were on sale .

I would appreciate if we could talk it out on IM or something !
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 23, 2009
Dude,

What do you mean you could not find Dubai domains that are for sale on our site ? Is there a panel showing at the top of www.visit-dubai.co.uk with the words "Dubai and Qatar domain names for sale "?

We put it on our site. We have got that panel.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 23, 2009
-- Here are a few of the domains. Look at Dubai and Qatar domains at the top of the page.

palm-deira.net
Contact

palm-jebelali.co.uk
Contact

palm-jumeirah.co.uk
Contact

palm-deira.co.uk
Contact

palm-jebelali.co.uk
Contact

persian-gulf.co.uk
Contact

dubaiworldtradecentre.co.uk
Contact

dubai-world-trade-center.com
Contact

dubaiworldtradecenter.co.uk
Contact

dubai-world-trade-center.co.uk
Contact

jumeirah-beach.co.uk
Contact

arabian-ranches.co.uk
Contact

dubai-world-trade-centre.co.uk
Contact

dubai-ports-world.co.uk
Contact

arabian-ranches.net
Contact

burj-al-arab.co.uk
Contact

dubaiportsworld.co.uk
Contact

dubai-world-trade-centre.com
Contact

arabianranches.co.uk
Contact

mazaya-centre.com
Contact

bur-juman.co.uk
Contact

dubaiinternationalairport.co.uk
Contact

thepalmdeira.net
Contact

the-palm-jebelali.co.uk
Contact

bur-juman.com
Contact

mazayacentre.co.uk
Contact

the-palm-jumeirah.co.uk
Contact

dubai-international-airport.net
Contact

manar-mall.co.uk
Contact

wafi-mall.co.uk
Contact

wafi-mall.com
Contact

visit-qatar.co.uk
Contact

the-palm-
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 23, 2009
It's like a myth. Everybody has heard about it but never seen one. lol Actually I know of a person who started a dating site and then sold it for enough to retire on.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 23, 2009
So it's not a myth :roll:

I still say that .co.uk names are too parochial unless you want to limit yourself to UK based customers.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 24, 2009
Sorry , my bad, I mistook it for an advertisement .

Some good domains you ve got out there .

Few I am interested in , I would like talk to you in person through IM , is that possible ?
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 26, 2009
I have a great many of my own web-sites linked into my www.visit-the-world.co.uk . Have a look !!

ONE of them is www.visit-dubai.co.uk . You will see domains for sale at the top of the first page. I would prefer to sell some Dubai domains at reasonable prices. Then I would consider giving links to those domains/sites from my site.

Make me an offer for some of the Dubai domains first, please.

You can see the list of Dubai domains, I hope !!

They will make terrific marketing web-site titles , particularly for the large UK market.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
OK Dude. Want to speak? My domains are terrific long-term investments . They will market anything in Dubai , plus they will appreciate in value.

Since I have www.cardiganisland.com , you will get hold of me on info@cardiganisland.com
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 14, 2009
Hey Dude!

Why Dubai44.com? Why not Dubai50.com ?

Or any other number? Is 44 important?

Selling links ?? Make me a good offer and we'll see !!

Have you seen the money-making Google Ads on www.you-earn-money.co.uk
What do you think of the claims they make?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 14, 2009
Oh man, that just sounds like alot of work! I come from, what you call, the "lazy" generation.
abyssdesire
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Business TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Business Talk