Dot Com Business

Topic locked
Dot com business May 11, 2006
I’m seeking advice and I hope that someone here can help me.
To summarise my queries:

> Say I have a dot com website that offers a service. There are no physical products to buy or sell.
> That website sells advertising space in the form of banner ads & classifieds.
> I live in Dubai and the advertisements are mainly placed by Dubai based companies.
> It’s purely a web based business and there are no company premises or staff to consider.
> Being a web business, I could actually operate it from anywhere in the world.

My questions then are as follows:

1. Say the site should generate cash. Who would I pay taxes to and how would I go about registering such a business?
2. In fact, which country would I have to register the business to as I may be moving around the region as I work on the site?
3. Additionally, I may try to sell advertising space to businesses and individuals in other countries.

My web hosting is in the UK and the Domain name is registered in USA company. Are there any tax implications and or legal issues involved in such a business?

Thanks

hamad_1980
Dubai Forum Guest

Why don't u go for Credit card payment system May 11, 2006
Hi

if ur doing biz online u must opt for accepting all payments thr credit card...there is no tax or other legal hassle in case u opt for online transaction for all ur req.

in case u need any help pls let me know

cyberhub
cyberhub
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 12, 2006
Hi cyberhub!

Thanks for the info. Could you please give me some more details regarding the way I could organise this process. Where and how should I open the bank accounts and all the other things to be done?
Also in case I do opt for an online transcation, what are the steps to follow?

Thanks again
hamad_1980
Dubai Forum Guest

Hi May 12, 2006
Hi

The process to run these kind of biz is easy...only need to follow steps...as per the details u posted i hope ur site is already online but what ur looking is to collect the amount online for all the ads client place on ur website ....as far as online acceptance of any kind of payment is done either if u have PAYPAL account or any kinda Merchant account (There are 100's of companies providing merchant account to accept online credit cards) in both the case u should have credit card on ur name ....visit www.paypal.com for more info..millions of people around the world using paypal to accept payment online ....recently ebay.com tied up with paypal to accept payment for all existing users .

In UAE its bit expensive to accpet online payment thr credit card ...COMTRUST is the only company provides credit card acceptance facility in that case u need to have account in NBD or NBAD ...visit www.comtrust.ae for more details

1. Say the site should generate cash. Who would I pay taxes to and how would I go about registering such a business?

IN CASE YOU NEED MERCHANT ACCOUNT FOR YOUR EXISTING WEBSITE WE CAN PROVIDE THE SAME VISIT : WWW.CYBERHOSTINGHUB.COM FOR MORE DETAILS ...ITS EASY PROCESS ...CYBERHOSTINGHUB.COM PROVIDES ALL INTERNET RELATED SERVICES RIGHT FROM DOMAIN NAME ..WEB HOSTING...WEB SITE DESIGNING...INTERNET MARKETING ...& MERCHANT ACCOUNT..

ALWAYS MAKE SURE U REGISTER THE DOMAIN AND BUY WEBSPACE FROM ONE COMPANY SO THAT IN CASE IN FUTURE YOU WANT TO SIFT ON OTHER SERVER ...YOU CAN DO BOTH AT THE SAME ....OTHER WISE MOST OF THE CASES PEOPLE KEEPS ON RUNNING FOR SHIFTING OR RENEWING DOMAIN FROM DIFF COMPANIES SAME CASE HAPPENS WITH WEB HOSTING COMPANIES

2. In fact, which country would I have to register the business to as I may be moving around the region as I work on the site?

COUNTRY DOEN'T MATTER ...YOU DON;T HAVE TO REGISTER TO RUN ANY KIND OF ONLINE BIZ ...ONLY THING DOMAIN NAME SHOULD BE ON YOUR NAME ...

3. Additionally, I may try to sell advertising space to businesses and individuals in other countries.

YES YOU CAN SELL YOUR ADS TO ANY PART OF THE WORLD ..ONLY THING PEOPLE SHOWUL BE AWARE ABOUT UR POLICIES AND HOW THEY WILL BE BENIFITED FROM YOUR SITE....AND NO OF PEOPLE VISIT UR SITE EVERY DAY...ITS ALL DEPENDS ON HOW U MARKET UR ONLINE COMPANY :D

IN CASE U NEED ANY ADDITION DETAILS DO LET ME KNOW
cyberhub
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Something ds,about PayPal May 12, 2006
Just mentioning that PayPal does not accept credit cards from ALL countries in the world.
Unfortunately, PayPal does not accept credit cards from UAE.

Regards,
Mahmood.
mahmoodb
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Hi May 13, 2006
i know paypal don;t accept payment for UAE...i said its one of the option u can go for..and regarding website designing. services....we have team of people for the same looking after all programming and designing part..
cyberhub
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 13, 2006
I am studying on ePayment options in UAE. I have enough experience on ePayment integration with shopping carts in Iran. I am also ready to be involved in a seriouse eCommerce project.
Let me know if I could be of any help.

Regards,
Mahmood.
mahmoodb
Dubai Forums Frequenter

hi May 13, 2006
Please let me know how can i help u..so that both will be benifited ...i am open for any kinda discussion
cyberhub
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Good info for beginners May 27, 2006
Hi,

I agree that Paypal does not accept.

However, emetrix.com does accept. log on to http://www.emetrix.com

and their service is personal and good.

And Western Union and MoneyGram can be used too to accept payment.

Regards
Madhav
Accounting Software
http://www.vkinfotek.com
krisk
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Business TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Business Talk