Mar 02, 2008
75.000 interested?
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 16, 2008
Hi,

Does it still available?
Payable with how many cheques?

Am really considering to take my own appartment cause sharing is a pain: we get kicked by the landlord too often.... :cry:

Frenchie
:D
frenchie
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Mar 18, 2008
-----------------
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 19, 2008
1 cheque? Come on dude, be realistic, how many people can seriously afford to pay the rent up front for a year, you have to be a bit more flexible. The majority of landlords will accept 2, 3 or even 4 cheques now.

By the way is it a 1 bed apartment?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 19, 2008
No I said 12 cheques and its a Villa not an appartment.
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 19, 2008
Thats' Dudette! hmmm I won't be taking out a bank loan to pay my rent.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 19, 2008
75,000, silicon oasis, 1 cheque hah ah ha hha hahahahahaah
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 19, 2008
Ever seen the movie "the castle"

Tell him he's dreamin'
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 20, 2008
If none of u guys want it then what u getting so upset about.Go away and play with your toys.75.000 for a 4 bed Villa and your still not happy!Do u want it for nothing?! U won't find a Villa under 150.000 and I'm almost giving it away.
I'm not one of those greedy,blood sucking landlords.I know what its like to struggle with money so I'm letting it go for a fantastic price.How the hell can u moan about the price?! Unbelievable!
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 22, 2008
We're not getting upset, but it;s greedy people like you that cause the constant increases in rent and constantly push the prices up. It's about time landlords learned a lesson. Plus Silicon Oasis is, lets face it, in the middle of nowhere, so as Scarlet says, the price is ridiculous, when you can get a 1 bed in International City for 55,000 Dhs. That should be more the price your looknig at.

For 75,000 Dhs you can at least live somewhere on Sheikh Zayed road.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 23, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:We're not getting upset, but it;s greedy people like you that cause the constant increases in rent and constantly push the prices up. It's about time landlords learned a lesson. Plus Silicon Oasis is, lets face it, in the middle of nowhere, so as Scarlet says, the price is ridiculous, when you can get a 1 bed in International City for 55,000 Dhs. That should be more the price your looknig at.

For 75,000 Dhs you can at least live somewhere on Sheikh Zayed road.

What a ridiculous thing to say.I'm not greedy,75.000 is way below market value.It should be 240.000 as valued by 3 agents.
DSO is currently building many towers to include many many shops,restaurants.Also other projects around it are on the move
so all and all its a very up and coming area.
DSO may be in the middle of no-where for you buy not everyone wants to live in gridlocked Dubai.Access to main roads and easy to get to the airport for many of emirates staff who live there.
Find a villa in Dubai for anything near what I'm asking and I'll be amazed.
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 23, 2008
Agents overprice things here by a long way much of the time.

I can afford a nice place, that's why I don't live in the middle of no-where.

But sersiouly, how do you expect someone to pay for their rent all in one go upfront, bearing in mind the deposit and agents fees, it comes to alot more than 75,000 doesn't it?!

I own property and when it's ready people can pay me by the month - no worries! It's reasonable and how it should be done, like any other city in the world. But of course Dubai is a bubble with laws unto itself.

I think you'll be waiting along time, unless you can be more flexible.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 23, 2008
I agree with Chocs. For every month it sits empty, you could have reduced the rent and had it snapped up. I think DSO is in the middle of nowhere unless you work there. The agents really do over-value. I got my place for 35,000 less than they were asking....just by being realistic. There was an identical place across the road, and when they told me the rent I told them to get bent! THOSE greedy bastards kept calling with a reduction every time. Amazing how you go from 165,000 one check plus 5% to 125,000, four cheques, 5% included just by telling the agent to get lost. That place was just rented after sitting empty for 5 months, BTW.
You can only charge what the market will bear. If you get 75k, good for you. Not sure of the availability of places in DSO are, but when the building is released, I guess you will see what the competition is.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 23, 2008
dubaidog wrote:I agree with Chocs. For every month it sits empty, you could have reduced the rent and had it snapped up. I think DSO is in the middle of nowhere unless you work there. The agents really do over-value. I got my place for 35,000 less than they were asking....just by being realistic. There was an identical place across the road, and when they told me the rent I told them to get bent! THOSE greedy bastards kept calling with a reduction every time. Amazing how you go from 165,000 one check plus 5% to 125,000, four cheques, 5% included just by telling the agent to get lost. That place was just rented after sitting empty for 5 months, BTW.
You can only charge what the market will bear. If you get 75k, good for you. Not sure of the availability of places in DSO are, but when the building is released, I guess you will see what the competition is.

The property isnt lying empty,its wont even be ready to rent for 3 weeks.
As for DSO being in the middle of no-where,thousands of emirates crew live there and most seem to love it.Not everyone wants to live in gridlocked dubai like I said.Access to main roads is excellent.
Duabi is only 15/20 mins away.
Your experience with renting was prob due to the fact that it was overpriced to start with.
My villa is just about the cheapest I've seen in the whole of Dubai
and at 75.000 you guys aren't happy!
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 23, 2008
P.S DDog,Scarlet and Chocs.Out of interest,if u owned a villa and were told u could get 240.000 for,how much would u advertise it for?75.000? somehow I doubt it.
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 23, 2008
P.S to my P.S
You knowhat,I agree with you.Rents in Duabi are a joke?I've always thought that.Still cheaper then many other cities but dubai isnt
quite up there with Hong Kong etc yet in terms of statue as a city.
200.000 for an average 3 bed villa is a joke.I'm amazed at some of the prices I see quoted.

Its all down to chronic undersupply.When oversupply hits then rents will be at a reasonable level.For now u have to pay whats being asked or live on the streets,or worse in Sharjah.
Personally,I dont know why anyone would waste money on rent
and not try to buy their own place instead.
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 23, 2008
First off, the Emirates crew that live there - don't have a choice! They are basically told where they will live, as all their accomodation is provided for them.

Secondly I wouldn't go solely on the agents advice, I'd see what the rate is for similar places in different locations. Personally I wouldn't use an agent at all, but do it myself as most of the agents get money for nothing if you ask me.

As has been said, if you get what you want for it, then good for you, but I still say you need to be flexible on the payment terms.

To put it into perspective, I have a huge 3 storey, 3 bed villa in Mirdiff, with pool and gym and maintenance and pay in 3 installments for 93,000Dhs.

To me there just is no comparison.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 23, 2008
The emirates crew do have a choice.They can take their living out allowance and live elsewhere.DSO is very convienient for them to get to the airport.
As for agents,I have looked at many rental prices on the net to compare and dont just take agents advice.
As for being greedy,most people are paying 75.000 for a 1bed at International City yet I'm offering a villa.
You have a very good deal for your villa it seems.Dont know what kind of area your in,but I would assume yours is not an average price so well done.
Why are u looking into this thread if u have somewhere?
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 23, 2008
Nope, just checked. Emirates crew do not get housing 'allowance' they get assigned accomodation, there is no choice. They can request to be in a certain area, but there's no guarantee. Only management get actual housing allowance. Plus they get bus pick-ups to and from the airport, transport is provided for them, they don't have to do anything.

I've lived in the villa for the last 4 years, and even though the landlord has managed to wangle his way around the rent caps everytime, it's still a damn sight cheaper than anything else. It's an older style villa, but that actually means it's way bigger than all these new ones that are being built, and near Uptown, so is great. You can still pick up a 2 bed villa in Mirdiff for 85,000 Dhs, with not much problem.

Lets face it even if you have a 3 bed villa at 120,000 Dhs a year, between 3 people, you're still only paying 40,000 each. Still no contest.

I've always been interested in the property market here, I've even sold a few apartments myself. Plus as I said before, I have also invested, so am keeping a keen eye on the going rates in all the different areas.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 23, 2008
Alex, it is no secret the property market is a hotly debated topic. Do I wish I bought my villa last year when it was worth 1.7 vs 2.2 right now...yup.

I think Choc's point...and correct me if I'm wrong...is value for money. WHy rent a 1bed apt. for slightly less than a villa when you get your parking, easy access, the whole bit with a villa. It is also about a person's PERCEPTION of value. I value my time, and won't drive to/fro Sharjah even for half the money.

I found nothing for rent in DSO when I looked this afternoon. You are in a good position to set the benchmark. I hope you get your 75k, however, for another 10k I would rather live in Mirdiff and have a villa. When I looked at places here, I chose Arabian Ranches, even though it is a pile more than Mirdiff. I work in Media CIty, though, so my commute is minimal. It is all a trade off. I looked at a Marina Apartment as well, but those glue sniffers wanted about the same as I am paying for a villa with 2 parking spots, nice yard and a pool 30 meters away.

Your target market for a 1 bed is a single professional or working couple. If I was single, I would rather have a villa and share a-la-Chocs. The person that rents in DSO will also need a car due to the location. I know a couple that is looking for a place, the guy's office is in DSO. He was looking at renting where I am, but I will call him and run it up the flagpole and see if he salutes.

If anything, you would have some insight as to what your target market is thinking. Can you post or PM some pics for me. Oh yeah, you should re-think the yearly rent thing...people don't have that money anymore. I have seen lots of people at work not take places they like or can afford because the landlord wants it up front.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 23, 2008
Chocs my fiance is a purser for emirates and as I undestand it crew do get a living out allowance.However,I've advertised my unit on a DSO forum used mainly by emirates crew and alot of staff say good things about the area.At the moment DSO is a little empty but like I said many projects are underway.IT Plaza for example will be finished in a few months and will contain 70 shops and restaurants.
I dont know what kind of an area Mirdiff is like I said but personally I'd like to be nearer to dubai.The choice is a big place at Mirdiff or small place in Dubai.
Ddog.I know ARanches very well as my fiance owns a villa there.The best residential development in Dubai without doubt.When this place is finished it will be even more desirable.However,could I live there?
a little too quiet I have to say.For families its fantastic but given the choice think I would prefer the marina.Saying that,in 5/10 years when much of Dubailand is finished then AR will be a great place to be.
If you pm me your email address I will send you details of my unit for your friend.Thanks for your help.
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 23, 2008
DD, spot on matey. It is about value. And as you said, I would rather drive a little bit and have an amazing roomy place to live, than pay quit literally nearly half my yearly salary on rent, which is ridiculous.

Afterall, lets remember why we are all here - to make money, not spend it lining the pockets of landlords.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 23, 2008
"Afterall, lets remember why we are all here - to make money"

Could be taken out of the mouth of one of those greedy landlords.
Personally I dont think they are to blame.Its the undersupply thats to blame.If you can get certain price for a unit that others may think is expensive then your'll go for it.I'm sure if you had a property to rent your sense of moral justice would not take over and rent the place for less then its worth,after all you did say we are all here to make money.
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 25, 2008
Under supply is a total fabrication. Go down to Dubai Marina/JBR, and see how many of those buildings are completed, yet totally empty. Again in Mirdiff, lots of completed, but lying empty.

The problem is a severe lack of 'reasonable' accomodation. People just are not willing to pay ridiculous prices anymore.

Also my father is a manager at Emirates dealing with crew, that's how I know what they get and what they don't.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 25, 2008
mmm,maybe my fiance works for another emirates company in dubai.
Your right,many properties empty at Marina/JBR.However,many are empty as the owners are waiting for the prices to rise a little more and then sell.Also,alot are owned by people using them for holiday homes.

However,the luxury end of the market is likely to be harder to rent unless u are willing to share a 2 bed and split the cost.If u want your own place then Int City and perhaps Discovery Gardens are ideal.Dubai needs more of these types of developments.This next next year DSO will also have a number of reasonably prices units.As for Mirdiff,I expect its just harder to rent as people want to be a little nearer to dubai maybe.

I'd like to know how people in other major cities like London and New York manage to pay the rent.In comparison Dubai is still cheaper plus wages are tax free.
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 25, 2008
Alex1111 wrote:mmm,maybe my fiance works for another emirates company in dubai.
Your right,many properties empty at Marina/JBR.However,many are empty as the owners are waiting for the prices to rise a little more and then sell.Also,alot are owned by people using them for holiday homes.

However,the luxury end of the market is likely to be harder to rent unless u are willing to share a 2 bed and split the cost.If u want your own place then Int City and perhaps Discovery Gardens are ideal.Dubai needs more of these types of developments.This next next year DSO will also have a number of reasonably prices units.As for Mirdiff,I expect its just harder to rent as people want to be a little nearer to dubai maybe.

I'd like to know how people in other major cities like London and New York manage to pay the rent.In comparison Dubai is still cheaper plus wages are tax free.

its easy

take london for instance. You can buy a 2 bed appartment within the capital easily for £200k. the average price for a half decent 2 bed appt in say the Marina is £300k.

we can fix a 2 year mortgage at 5.25%

The average wage for a professional in London more than in dubai with a few exceptions obviously.

Its not rocket science and its easy to see why the expat gravy train has ended.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 25, 2008
Arnie thats total rubbish.Your figures are the wrong way round !!
A decent 2 bed in london is £300 K easily.At the Marina or JBR around £250K.
The point I was making is that people in London pay heavy taxes and high rents.In Dubai there is no tax so people are likely to be able to afford rents.That isnt to say that I think the rents are too high cos I actually think they are.
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
i repeat you can get a nice 2 bed in london for around £200k (not central)

i repeat you wont find a decent 2 bed for under 2million Dhs = £300k in the Marina, note the word decent ie NOT Marina Diamond 1,2.3.4....and NOT JBR
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai