Greens V Dubai Marina

Topic locked
Greens v Dubai Marina Feb 21, 2006
I am moving out to Dubai next week and my employers are arranging my accomodation for me. They have said it will be in either Dubai Marina or The Greens. Are either of them more suitable to a person moving out there alone (ie more sociable)? Should I make a preference?

All advice appreciated

Thanks all

airyfairy
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 21, 2006
as far as i know only liban and myself have properties on the Marina.

I am sure he will agree with me that the marina is well cool. Cant speak for the greens but i know a few here, live there. I am sure they will post their opinions.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 22, 2006
I agree with arniegang *gasp*... :)

The Marina is great. Nothing can beat a nice evening on the Marina walk. There is another member, XRW-147 that is also in the Marina. The Dubai side of the Marina is nicer than the Jebel Ali side me, arniegang, and xrw are on simply because there is less construction there.... But the Marina rocks...

I find the Greens appartments to be too small.... Though the compound has mich more of a community feel to it.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 22, 2006
And the greens has more community facilties - tennis courts, bball court, swimming pools etc.

At the marina your recreational facilities are limited to what ur building has to offer - although pool, gym and sauna seems to be pretty standard.

The stage one area, or the Dubai side as described by Liban is much nicer, as most of it is finalised, the Marina walk and Spinney's is there and with higher occupancy rates etc. But all that comes at a higher rental price, of course.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 22, 2006
Liban is correct regarding the dubai side and the marina being very nice indeed. Marina walk is fantastic. It will probably be another 12/18 months before the second mooring area called Marina Beach club is completed and the construction of Marina Walk 2 is completed. Then those of us in the middle/Jebel Ali side wont need to use Marina Walk.
arniegang

Feb 22, 2006
arniegang wrote:Then those of us in the middle/Jebel Ali side wont need to use Marina Walk.

We can sit back and boast how our side is better and newer :P
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 22, 2006
wow, the marina sounds wicked. The general consensus so far is the Marina - any Greens residents want to put their case forward? :roll:
airyfairy
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 22, 2006
No competition Liban

Our side will obviously be better than your side

:P
arniegang

Feb 22, 2006
arniegang wrote:No competition Liban

Our side will obviously be better than your side

:P

Umm... You forget that my side is your side... We are about 2 mins away from each other by car :P
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 23, 2006
i also live in the marina.. i'm not familiar with the greens as i just moved here about 2 months ago, but the marina is definitely a wonderful area.

especially for walks at night 8)
jumanji
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 23, 2006
jumanji wrote:especially for walks at night 8)

Unless you're Ray Charles you won't need those shades to walk around at night ;)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 23, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
jumanji wrote:especially for walks at night 8)

Unless you're Ray Charles you won't need those shades to walk around at night ;)

I dunno, with the bright lights and all :)

took this pic the other night..wonderful view

jumanji
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 23, 2006
Very nice view, but you'll miss half of it with the shades :)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 23, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Very nice view, but you'll miss half of it with the shades :)

ok, you win...i'll keep them off :lol:
jumanji
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 23, 2006
I live in the greens thats enough reason to wan tto live there :P

but ya as XRW mentioned the only thing the greens has over the marina is the community feel to it .. the shared pool, gym, bbq area, basketball court, etc...

I dunno about comparing an apartment on the marina with a marina/sea view is probably much nicer than anything in the greens.. while a greens apartment with a pool view is nicer than a marina apartment on a low floor close to the highway .. so really it depends on the apartment :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai