What Do IT Companies In Dubai Look For In Candidates ?

Topic locked
What do IT companies in Dubai look for in candidates ? Jul 15, 2012
Hi guys! I'm new here on this forum so please be gentle. I just posted my introduction in the Introductions area .. You can go read it if you wish ...

Basically, I graduated from Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) in the US in May last year, and am currently working in Pakistan at a software company.

I intend to move to Dubai, and so am in need of information regarding IT companies there. Like what do they look for in candidates when they're interviewing them ? Do they prefer people educated from US universities (which applies to me) ? What about IT certifications ? Are much of an eye catcher are IT certifications in Dubai, if at all ?

Also, what kind of IT jobs are available in Dubai ? I personally would like to go into Software Development, as thats my main interest, so I would like to know which companies normally have openings for this area ?

Lastly, what are the average salary and benefits packages that IT companies offer you, provided you have 1-2 years experience, and have a solid US based academics background ? And do companies there give you a separate housing allowance, in addition to your monthly salary ?

Any help I can get here would be very much appreciated !

Ahmad

ahmadka
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai