Urgent Everyone ! Need Ur Guidence

Topic locked
urgent everyone ! need ur guidence Jan 14, 2009
Hello everyone !

iam from India

need ur guidence and expertise .......

I wanted to Work in Dubai for next 5 years.....

Well i hav finished my Comp.science engineering 2008 still with one backlog (i.e) not cleared

Academic qualifications : 10 + 2 +4yrs (engg)

*** No degree awarded still as i hav one subject to clear

No exam for next 6 months stilll......... wasted a year already so cant wait and watch till then.

I want to get started and customised with the place till then

* My friend family owns a LLC ... and are ready to provide me Visit visa....

I want to work next 6 months any kind of job.......then later move on with good job with the degree !

So wht are ur suggestions to extend my Visit visa without degree qualifications ? and any

wht kind of jobs i can get ......
what would b salary i can get paid for ood jobs ?

tarunmgit
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 15, 2009
this may be difficult the only work you will be able to get legally without a degree would be with the labour catagory of labourer!

when you finally have your degree you cannot transfer your labour card as the regulation is that you can only transfer between catagories and positions that are the same - as such you cannot transfer from labour to "computer engineer". there was also a ruling made a while back (although i don't know if they still consider it), where by anyone with the labour catagory "labour" canoot transfer and would automatically be banned.

in anycase you may not work on a visit visa, you can be deported and if you are caught and your family's company would get a fine.

no such type of thing as "odd jobs" in the uae, everything is strictly controlled by labour cards, identity cards and residency visa's
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jan 15, 2009
tanq u very much dude...........

so wat would b ur suggestion......
tarunmgit
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 15, 2009
first off if you've never been to the uae before visit.
make use of the visit visa nd come for an extended period - at least a month, use the opertunerty to check out the job situation, specifically in the IT area - it is not easy to get a good, well paying job in IT in Dubai - there is a huge supply and demand situation (over supply - hence lower wages).

it is even more difficult for anyone to get any kind of job in the UAE without any kind of prior work experience; companies prefer to employ people ready to dash from the start, and not have to spend time (and money) on them teaching them how to work in "the real world" - educational theory is vastly different to real world application.

possibly use the time you have to get good, soild practical experience, also be sure that you want to move here and scope out niche's within the IT arena.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jan 16, 2009
yup......tanq
tarunmgit
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai