Teen And Job

Topic locked
teen and job Sep 23, 2008
hey all,
im an eighteen year old girl. I go to school and stuff. Ive been looking for a job in dubai for quiet a while and ive had no sucess. I was wondering if i could get any help from you guys. I dont really mind what kind of job it is even if its babysitting hahah...
thanks

sasuki
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 23, 2008
There are working visa regulations and age specifications to get the permit. I believe for women it's 24 (not sure if they change the rule again as they always does) but.....for an 18 year old, it would be quite difficult.
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 27, 2008
theres actually a few promoter jobs that pay pretty well over here that i know about and i know one of them is in garhoud
nickamin
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: teen and job Sep 27, 2008
sasuki wrote:hey all,
im an eighteen year old girl. I go to school and stuff. Ive been looking for a job in dubai for quiet a while and ive had no sucess. I was wondering if i could get any help from you guys. I dont really mind what kind of job it is even if its babysitting hahah...
thanks

I think you will find that due to the fact that you attend school you are actually not allowed to work.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 28, 2008
Get a married, girl. Then go with husband to work. Sorry to say that
You risking to te trapped and become a prostitute. You want that?
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 28, 2008
u can work !

promoter jobs pay well ! bt they may clash with your school timings so they wouldn't be all that advisable .

I work for a market research company as a interviewer , They pay well ,no fixed timing . Every thing flexible .No visa shit either .

Intrested ?
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 29, 2008
dude91x wrote:u can work !

promoter jobs pay well ! bt they may clash with your school timings so they wouldn't be all that advisable .

I work for a market research company as a interviewer , They pay well ,no fixed timing . Every thing flexible .No visa tasty either .

Intrested ?

Most of the promotional agencies need promoters who are allowed to go into bars and clubs. Not possible if under 21!

Apart from that, its serving little bits of dried out cheese on a stick in Carrefour, to people who don't care, for about 10Dhs an hour. Crap work.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 29, 2008
No man , Its no more like that !

You look matured u get the job , No clubs no bars ! I have had MY FREInds who are just 17-18 do such jobs ( both male & female )

They dont pay you 10 bucks a hour :| the rate starts from around 25 . Can go up 50-60 too.

Its not all that crap , they pay you good .
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 29, 2008
dude91x wrote:No man , Its no more like that !

You look matured u get the job , No clubs no bars ! I have had MY FREInds who are just 17-18 do such jobs ( both male & female )

They dont pay you 10 bucks a hour :| the rate starts from around 25 . Can go up 50-60 too.

Its not all that crap , they pay you good .

If you are happy working for 25dhs an hour to be leered at? Off you go.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 29, 2008
thats minimum dude !

usually its around 35 -40 !

so you do make a good amount ! man I am a teen my self . and there aren't many options we got . This is the best out of the lot !
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 29, 2008
OK, 35 - 40 Dhs per hour for a nice 18 year old girl to be stared at...

I still don't think its worth it for her own pride.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 29, 2008
yerp dts dere ........

deres no easy money my fren...

& for teens NOT AT ALL !
dude91x
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 01, 2008
Hi there - I'll be coming to Dubai early next year and was planning to bring my 18 year old son with me.

Am I right in thinking that he'll need to get a job to get residency status as he'll no longer be a "dependant"? - or is he still a dependant till he is 21??

In either case - what is the best bet for an 18 year old boy to find a job in Dubai?

Amount of pay doesn't really matter as it's just for his "gap year".

thanks.
Rusty2
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai