RETRENCEMENT DUE TO RECENT FINANCIAL CRISIS

Topic locked
RETRENCEMENT DUE TO RECENT FINANCIAL CRISIS Apr 06, 2009
Hello,

I have Dubai Visa and currently working in Sharjah. I joined the company in June 25th ,08 due to the Financial crisis I got a seperation memo and my last day was 2nd april,09. I work as accountant.

What are the benefits I should be eligible for this kind of Termination . ( eg Gratuity / Annual passage for family as per my contract etc) since I have not completed my one year. I appreciate you answers for my query

Company is giving NOC.

Thankyou

sdp
Dubai Forum Guest

May 28, 2009
consult the HR dept of the company you work for.( some of the items posted on your query should be specified in your contracte.g gratuity as per your contract).
trekker
Dubai Expat Wannabe

RETRENCEMENT DUE TO RECENT FINANCIAL CRISIS Jun 06, 2009
trekker wrote:consult the HR dept of the company you work for.( some of the items posted on your query should be specified in your contracte.g gratuity as per your contract).

Question: I need to know what to do in such situation; my employer want to terminate my services from Sales Manager limited contract of saifzone, sharjah ( a 4month old contract) and already informed me verbally 2 weeks ago, but until now is not giving me any salary or settlement..?

Related Q: my family is also here living in co. provided flat, but waiting for co. decision in writing and final payment to leave without stamping the visas on passport......?
KAMRANHKHAN
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: RETRENCEMENT DUE TO RECENT FINANCIAL CRISIS Jun 07, 2009
Question: I need to know what to do in such situation; my employer want to terminate my services from Sales Manager limited contract of saifzone, sharjah ( a 4month old contract) and already informed me verbally 2 weeks ago, but until now is not giving me any salary or settlement..?

Related Q: my family is also here living in co. provided flat, but waiting for co. decision in writing and final payment to leave without stamping the visas on passport......?

as you are working in the airport freezone, the chances are you will not be banned. check with the freezone authority/ labour department.

you will probably still be under probation (although this would be specified in your contract), ask the employer for a written letter of notice stating the reason for your termination.

as you have only worked for 4 months you are not entitled to any leave or gratuity benefits (as per UAE Law). if your family is here, but not yet on your visa/ sponsorship be careful that they do not overstay and are fined.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Re: RETRENCEMENT DUE TO RECENT FINANCIAL CRISIS Jun 08, 2009
dbxsoul wrote:

as you are working in the airport freezone, the chances are you will not be banned. check with the freezone authority/ labour department.

you will probably still be under probation (although this would be specified in your contract), ask the employer for a written letter of notice stating the reason for your termination.

as you have only worked for 4 months you are not entitled to any leave or gratuity benefits (as per UAE Law). if your family is here, but not yet on your visa/ sponsorship be careful that they do not overstay and are fined.

I thank for support, further shall visit labour office and saifzone authority. But here i post my views, i think breaching limited contract by companies are liable atleast one month salary and return ticket, which is called severance pay......pls. comment.
KAMRANHKHAN
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 09, 2009
this does not apply if you are still within the probation period
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai