Relocating To Dubai To Work In Subsea Industry

Topic locked
Relocating to Dubai to work in Subsea Industry Oct 05, 2008
Hi Folks,

Great site just stumbled across it.

I was looking for some help.

I have received a job offer from Dulam International (a subsea company based in Marine City in Dubai - mainly involved with ROV and Diving). I had an interview with two company directors in the UK. I am receiving a decent package including healthcare, accommodation and bills, a car etc. However, since this is my first job offer abroad I have tried to do as much research as possible on the company. I have heard mostly good things but some negative as well. I have worked abroad before. However, this is my first relocation.

I am going to be bringing my wife and young son out with me and I was wondering if anyone has heard of the company and the area and if you have any thoughts.

Another question (which has probably been asked a million times before!). My wife was planning to drive in Dubai is the traffic as bad as reported everywhere?

Hope to hear from you soon :*)

Thanks again for reading.

Regards,

Buddy

buddyguy
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Oct 06, 2008
Hi Buddy,

Welcome to the forum!

Not heard of the company, however that is not necessarily bad. They don't flag up on any blacklists either.

I have a mate working in the commercial diving field and will check with him as he will possibly be servicing all your gear!

Get back to you on that.

Your wife should be able to handle the driving here (unless she is particularly nervous) as its no worse than London or any big city. The quality of drivers here are worse on the whole, but it is not hard to adapt. Just need to have eyes in the back of your head and expect the unexpected!

You should enjoy life here...the water is a lot warmer than the North Sea!

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai