Pls Suggest. Can A Person Work And And Also Do Part Time Job

Topic locked
Pls suggest. Can a person work and and also do part time job Jun 29, 2014
Hi I am murli bhaskar from India. I am a diploma holder in mech engg and also have drgree in arts. I am good at language skills. I am likely to get a job in dubai in a couple of months say 2

1. Can i do a part time tuition (English/ basic computers) taking jobs during evening hrs after the duration of my regular jobs?
2. Also here in india a person can do street vending jobs like selling pop corn or ground nuts, pizza burgers etc very easily during evening hrs. Pls clarify if we can do that in dubai. or sharjah any where. Any part of UAE quite easily or is it restricted by law ?

Pls clarify my doubt.

Thanks & regards

murli1231
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Pls Suggest. Can A Person Work And And Also Do Part Time Jul 08, 2014
1. You can provide tuition at home (or at the student's home) however some buildings do not allow it and may fine you for using your home for commercial services. Also, providing tuition is not a very high-paying job. The supply for this service is very high in UAE so you won't be very successful at earning a lot through tuition. Basic computer applications (such as MS Office) are taught at educational institutes at affordable rates, so you may not be successful in getting students. If you want to work part-time, you can do so provided you get permission from your employer and also get a work permit from the labor department allowing you to work at another company or institution. There may also be rules regarding completing 1 or 2 years of work with your original employer first. There are a lot of restrictions here so do find out what is allowed and what is not allowed so you don't get yourself into trouble.

2. You can't sell things on the street. You can rent a kiosk or booth to sell food or other things at malls but rents for these tend to be very expensive. Also there is a lot of restrictions on selling food for the sake of food and health safety so you will need to get permits allowing you to sell food through such kiosks.

It might be a better idea to get a higher paying job than to try for additional part-time work because you will be 100% sure that what you are doing is allowed legally and you will also avoid being overloaded with multiple jobs. I do suggest you insist on getting a salary high enough to pay for the cost of living so that you are not forced to take multiple part-time jobs, which can affect your wellbeing and the quality of your work.
Radeya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai