New Work Policy.

Topic locked
New work policy. Jul 22, 2009
Hey there, I recently came across a web page informing that the minister of labour decided to allow young teenagers to work at part time jobs at the age of 16..

Do you think this is a good step? Personally, I was quite glad, because I've wanted to have a small job in order to have a little bit more of pocket money and also so that I could experience having responsailities.. Honestly, coming from Canada, this was one of the things that made Dubai seem a little behind..

Here is the web page : (www)guide2dubai dot co m/jobs/505-Young-expatriates-now-allowed-to-work-part-time(dot)htm (sorry I'm still not allowed to post links..)

Mehdi.

mehdi541
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 22, 2009
I definitely think this a good move on their part and has been long overdue. The youth of this country (both local and expatriates) in general seem to have no firm grasp on time-management, responsibilities or even how to be independent - taking what they are given for granted. It's about time something has been put in place to allow these skills to be harnessed.

There's no shame in working or holding a job and many of the youngin's need to realize this. :D
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 22, 2009
bushra21 wrote:I

There's no shame in working or holding a job and many of the youngin's need to realize this. :D

There was also once a person of Austrian decent who lived in Germany who believed that work ethic too with the "There's no shame in working and it would set you free" :)
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 22, 2009
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:
There was also once a person of Austrian decent who lived in Germany who believed that work ethic too with the "There's no shame in working and it would set you free" :)

I'm not sure I get you...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 22, 2009
This is unconfirmed isn't it? Besides teens here work anyways? Expat teens mostly girls can be seen doing promotions at malls.
Hopefully now boys will have some parity. As boy's once 18 have to be sponsored either by a college etc and on a student visa one can't work. So more often than not it's girls that benefit from such policies.
The most ridiculous rule is students doing higher education here( on student visas) cannot work. The crux of any educational program is in doing internships. But on a student visa here one cannot work at all. Which kinda beats the purpose of providing quality education!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 22, 2009
bushra21 wrote:
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:

I'm not sure I get you...

You're not alone. Just look at his tag which pretty much says it all.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jul 23, 2009
Thank you for your answers.

@bushra21 : Yeah, I'm in total agreement with you.. Being a teenager myself, I can see how most of Dubai's youth depend on their parents which are by the way giving them few responsibilities..

You also touched an important point. Teens here are probably going to ''make fun" of those working.. But really I don't really care.

@Misery Called Life: I don't know if it's confirmed or not, but I'm pretty sure it is. Anyways I am going to go ask myself when I come back to Dubai.
mehdi541
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 23, 2009
hi.

can anyone tell me what is the food cost comes per month ? and what is the average salary for HR person.
ansar
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jul 23, 2009
That web article was dated January 2008 ????

Uness it uses the American calendar system in which case it's still from December 2008.... :scratch:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai