Need Some Advice - Find A Job In UAE

Topic locked
Need some advice - find a job in UAE Sep 24, 2013
Hello, I would like to seek some advice. I currently live here in Dubai and currently doing some research as to what is the best possible way for my boyfriend to move here and find a job. He is American. I know that visa is not going to be an issue. But is there any chance someone can advise if it is easy to find a job now a days here in Dubai. I would eventually want him to find a job first before leaving US and leave the career he has already started. Would somebody has any idea as to what more or less the package an American could get. He works for Gmpc as sales executive. I have also called recruitment agencies but most of the answer I got was that companies would prefer someone who is already a resident here in Dubai.

Need your help please.

Thank you.

Sanfrancisco2013

sanfrancisco2013
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Need Some Advice - Find A Job In UAE Sep 26, 2013
Try FedEx Express company as a sales executive. It's the best company because they are always thinking of us employees, There is so much room for growth. When I first joined I was a part-time worker. Then I sat down with my manager and developed a personal growth plan. Within five years I became a full-time worker and my career has taken off.
Adolfsmith69
Dubai Forum User

Re: Need some advice - find a job in UAE Oct 20, 2013
Yes, eventually, he probably has to do an interview, but still I think his best bet is to start applying for jobs while he is in USA.

The best way would be to apply through linked in, dubizzle, indeed... here is a list if you need more job sites:

http://career-watch.info/job-sites/unit ... -emirates/

It is a good idea, if you plan ahead, buy him a Du or Etisalat sim, he can place it on his CV. Once he receives a call, you can would answer it and arrange the interview. Once he has a couple of interviews lined up, he can drop by Dubai and do these interviews and this should go well for him.

Goodluck guys
desertgirl335
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai