Issuing Employment Visas Slowed Down Recently In Ramadan?!!

Topic locked
Issuing employment visas slowed down recently in Ramadan?!! Sep 23, 2008
Hi every body,
I'm going to be employed in a company in Internet City, and my employer
has applied for a work visa at September 14th.
We was supposed to get the visa in 4-5 days, but nothing yet.
I've canceled my last job and get ready to relocate! so worried!
I guess it's because of Ramadan. and a few days later they are going to
the Eid (10 days holidays)
Is there anybody who has similar problem?!
Is there anybody who has applied earlier and nothing yet?
Please answer!
Thanks a lot.

ebad
Dubai Forum User

Sep 24, 2008
Hi,

I am having the same problem, I was due to start 1st week of October, and now am being told that its not going to be until the 1st week of November at the earliest...

Apparently there are some problems, and things have slowed down, I am really worried too as I have already quit my job too.....

Guess we just have to wait and see...have you heard of any other problems? Do you think that it’s a problem only affecting the freezones? as the company that offered me are also based in the freezone...
fp568
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 25, 2008
fp568 wrote:Do you think that it’s a problem only affecting the freezones? as the company that offered me are also based in the freezone...

No I dont, I think things are faster for free zone! and we should be happy about that :!:
May I ask, when they have applied for you?
And,
Who told you about the 1st week of November at earliest?? that's terrible!
ebad
Dubai Forum User

Sep 25, 2008
My company have told me, they said that they cannot put the application in until the 13th October...I have spoken with the company and they are very reassuring that it should be fine, but it seems to be a company specifc problem....I have got other offers but declined them...should I get in contact with them?

but uts good your application has already been put in, you just hav to wait, it takes roughly 2 weeks for the visa to be processed, so yours should be done soon...
fp568
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 25, 2008
I think it's not bad if you keep contact with them.
It will be ok, but this progress time is killing us!
In my point of view, do not forget all other offers completely, but keep your
situation in this company until the time.
You may look for some other opportunities in a parallel manner, but dont
worry they will do that, and you will get the position there my bro.
Keep in touch. This is my email address (ebad.ahmadzadeh in yahoo)
ebad
Dubai Forum User

Sep 26, 2008
Ramadan means most locals work 10-3 officially and 11:30-1 unofficially, if they come in at all.

I've pretty much given up on getting anything done from locals at my work during this time, especially towards the end.

Plus with the Eid holidays, I'm sorry to say, don't hold your breath.

PS: My company took 3 1/2 months to get my Visa sorted out. 5 months including the time I was not in the country. But my company is useless so probably not a usual situation.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Sep 26, 2008
Hi,

But your company did manage to sort it out in the end? 3.5 months, seems a very long time.....why did they take so long? did you find out?
fp568
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 03, 2008
Hi,

How have you got on with your visa application?
fp568
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 06, 2008
fp568 wrote:Hi,

How have you got on with your visa application?

Nothing yet!
I have heard that it takes 15-20 business days!!
What about you?
ebad
Dubai Forum User

Oct 06, 2008
Ramadan and Eid do cause a backlog at Immigration, but things should speed up now.

Average time to get a visa from scratch (not during Ramadan) is about 10 working days. Depends if you also get the call to take your medical and which centre you have to take it at.

Media City and Internet City visas all used to be done at Jebel Ali Medical centre but as this is currently being demolished, not sure where you have to go now. I will check with Abdul Abulbul Amir, my friendly local PRO.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 10, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Average time to get a visa from scratch (not during Ramadan) is about 10 working days. Depends if you also get the call to take your medical and which centre you have to take it at.
Knight

thank you to share your information, But I'm thinking to the "Entry permit"
I have not received it yet! I guess the medical process will be after that, and when I need to get the real visa stamped in my passport.
Am I correct? in there anything that I did not see?
thanks.
ebad
Dubai Forum User

Oct 10, 2008
Dear FP568, Have you get anything yet?
ebad
Dubai Forum User

Oct 18, 2008
Would somebody please let me know about the "security check"?
And 'how far does it take to be complete?'
is there any experience?
we have not get any response from the immigration office, as I said before
The company applied on September 14th, and we are still waiting for an entry permit.
Is it correct if I guess my application has gone for a security check?
Thank you guys for your helps and warm comments.
ebad
Dubai Forum User

Oct 18, 2008
I was required to do a Security Clearance before I joined my previous company, and I had to go to the CID office and get a Clean-sheet myself. I am not aware of any "Security Check" being performed by the employers.

To comment on topic, I too was hired by this new company mid of Sept, and am still waiting for the visa process to complete. It is taking unduly long. This is also for a freezone.
shariqq
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2008
Oh yea? You are also waiting for your entry permit?
So maybe I was wrong about the security check!!
That's really terrible waiting time!
Do you know somebody who has got his/her visa recently? I'd like to know
when he/she had applied? and when we can expect it to be issued probably.
Thank you very much for comment.
ebad
Dubai Forum User

Oct 18, 2008
ebad wrote:Oh yea? You are also waiting for your entry permit?
So maybe I was wrong about the security check!!
That's really terrible waiting time!
Do you know somebody who has got his/her visa recently? I'd like to know
when he/she had applied? and when we can expect it to be issued probably.
Thank you very much for comment.

Well, I am in Dubai itself, so its not an entry permit I'm waiting for but a transfer of the visa from my previous employer to the current.

No, I don't know anyone who has changed visas in the past 2-3 months.
shariqq
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2008
That's right,
Thank you dear Shariqq
ebad
Dubai Forum User

Nov 05, 2008
hello, I have the same problem, i was hired through a recruitment agency in the philippines, and i already passed all the necessary documents to the agency last august 20th. according to the agency they sent my visa application together with four others. 3 of them has already been approved. i'm updating on the status of my application weekly from the agency and the agency in return updates from the employer twice a week. is it possible that our visa are not approved at the same time? its been 9 weeks since i've passed my documents, how much longer should i wait? should i contact the employer myself? thanks for your replies.
exoduslo12d
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 08, 2008
Dear exoduslo12d,
I guess it's possible that your visas was not approved in one time.
I my case,
As I am an Iranian, Dubai has been under US force to restrict the Iranian business there. And I also have not get my visa yet. It's around 2 months.

But recently, I have heard some of Philippines people who were working in Dubai, could not to renew their visas. This is while they were told that they need to exit UAE for at least 1 month. most of them are in Kish right now.

I guess Dubai government is taking hard for some nationalities.

At last, I think it was so better if you could contact the employer in Dubai yourself.
You are going to work as a employee for them.. and some remote contacts before starting the job should not be bad.

I hope my comments were helpful
keep in contact.
ebad
Dubai Forum User

Nov 13, 2008
Thank you for replying to my post! I have a good news for you though.
Employer told me that my visa is already on process, and it is already submited to "labour".

They want me to attend the pre-departure seminar on monday, they have told me that my visa will be sent and recieved by the agency this saturday!

You have been a big help mate! Thank you and may there be many more people that you can share your knowledge with! God Bless!
exoduslo12d
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Applied for entry permit (employment visa) on 14th Dec. Dec 31, 2008
Applied for entry permit (employment visa) on the 14th of December 2008. It still hasn't come out. Has anyone else applied during the same time?
anoop.vaswani
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai