Insight Into Hotel Jobs In Dubai

Topic locked
Insight into hotel jobs in Dubai Jan 16, 2009
I've been looking over the forum and I haven't been able to find out how competitive the hospitality industry is in Dubai, particularly for hotel front office supervisory or management jobs. Also are these usually lower paying jobs than in the US?

Some background on me. I've worked in the hotel industry in the U.S. for the last 3 years, and have a Bachelor's degree, but it is in English (I found it more useful than you may think actually). I've been a Front Office supervisor/manager for a couple hotels, including a well known brand which opened brand new 800+ room luxury hotel. However After 4 months they did massive layoffs and I was the last manager hired and so the first fired.

Would I be likely to have any luck finding a management or supervisory position in Dubai? How is there hospitality industry doing these days? It's really tough to find a job in the field here in the U.S. currently, projects on hold, lays offs etc. Also could I expect a decent salary if I did land a Front Office Manager type position?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

CCH
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 16, 2009
Also, I have found job postings out there, however I've seen very little in terms of how much experience they are looking for (I've seen things like 1-5 years if anything). Also no information on the type of assistance they provide in terms of getting to the UAE or getting a visa.

So if anyone has been through it with a hotel, or knows someone who has it would be greatly appreciated.
CCH
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai