MY EMPLOYMENT VISA PROBLEM

Topic locked
MY EMPLOYMENT VISA PROBLEM Oct 29, 2013
good day folks
i just want to share and gain opinions or advice about my situation here in dubai...
the story goes like this,
i came to dubai last may 2012 with a tourist visa looking for a job which can land me into staying in dubai ..i got one and they have me provided with a employment visa which i got after exiting the country for visa change...when i got back i started working for this company and they asked me to complete the necessary procedures like medical,etc..ive done that then when i was in the middle of my emirates id application my passport which is with me at that time got LOST..so ive been held up with the processing..now ive still been working with them all those time until i got my passport 11 MONTHS later..to found out i have ongoing fines with the immigration...now theyve been telling me that they would help me with those problems but when the fines went to a big amount..they now want to cancel my visa...what would happen to me can i leave the country without paying those fine?...or could i still have a chance to have a new visa from a new employer?..im sorry i dont have a clue about how the rules work?...if someone could give some advice...thank YOu for reading my post..

acemeister
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: MY EMPLOYMENT VISA PROBLEM Nov 04, 2013
hi

I need an advice on my issue. I was working in a jlt freezone compnay for last 3 years. I have got a better job offer and i resigned from the the company with one month notice. but my sick employer dint accept the resignation and terminated me with immdeiate effect. also he send a letter to my new employer not to hire me. I approached to DMCC freezone authorities and they just confirmed me i m free to moveany company within freezone as i have cpmplted my three years. Now my new employer is hesitating to take me on board. I just like to know how i can handle this situation as i have also my family under my visas. and have to cancel there residency as well.
mak1966
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: MY EMPLOYMENT VISA PROBLEM Nov 05, 2013
hi there!!
i am working in dubai though my visa is in Hamriyah free zone. i have resigned the company last day with a notice period of 1 month but my compnay is asking for a notice period of 3 months. i have signed one appointment letter given by my company at the start of my job in which 3 months notice period is required. i dont know whether it is acceptable in hamriyah freee zone. i was planning to move to india by december but my company is telling me to put 3 months notice period. please advice.
DeepakPandey
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: MY EMPLOYMENT VISA PROBLEM Nov 06, 2013
Hi

As per your post, you have signed contract with 3 month notice period then its mean you have to be strict on this else , you have to pay the 3 month salaries to the company.
mak1966
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai