My Company Declares Without-pay Eid Holiday If...

Topic locked
My company declares without-pay Eid holiday if... Oct 07, 2013
...we don't show up on Sunday or Thursday for ANY reason (Eid holidays on Oct14-16, Mon-Wed).
Is this even legal? Can a company impose such rules?
If no, where can I complain?

yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Re: My Company Declares Without-pay Eid Holiday If... Oct 12, 2013
Sorry to hear that your company is not giving you paid leaves, however, if they are not then they are voilating UAE labour laws, according to The Federal Law No. (8) of 1980, or the UAE Labour Law the section Article 74 Employees are entitled for an official holiday with full pay on the following days: one day for Hijri New Year, Gregorian New Year, Isra and Miaraj (Accession day), Prophet Mohammad's birthday and National Day, 2 days for Eid Al-Fitr and 3 days for Arafa Day and Eid Al Adha.,
An employer cannot impose such rules, and if you want to complain, you can directly report a complaint against your employer in the court.
adnanmansoor
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: My company declares without-pay Eid holiday if... Oct 13, 2013
yujinn wrote:...we don't show up on Sunday or Thursday for ANY reason (Eid holidays on Oct14-16, Mon-Wed).
Is this even legal? Can a company impose such rules?
If no, where can I complain?

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that Eid is Mon-Wed and that it is paid holiday but if you fail to show up the day before of the day after, they won't pay you for the holiday?

I would have thought that was reasonable.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: My company declares without-pay Eid holiday if... Oct 16, 2013
Your company is not reasonable at all. It would have been correct if your company had asked you to take 2 days annual leave if you do not come on Sunday and Thursday. But they have no right to make the EID holiday a non pay public holiday.

In any case, nobody should decide not to come to work unless there is a prior agreement... but if a company does not respect employee rights I report would report them.
BudW
Dubai Forum User

Re: My Company Declares Without-pay Eid Holiday If... Sep 19, 2015
[b]hello regarding about this sir..my HR manager is refusing me to give this sept. id holidays he suggested to give me only one eid al adha holiday and one weekly off in a week and he told me if he terminates me i have to pay my visa cost ive been for only a months i started on dec.2014 but my visa is issued just last march 10,2015 pls help me sir thank u and if work on this eid how will they pay me? what would i tell them? because im not aware of this things im working as there apartment care taker and Guest relation officer and a supervisor of the cleaners my salary is 2600 +accommodation + transportation
eboy
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai