Big Trouble In Little UAE

Topic locked
Big Trouble in Little UAE Jan 11, 2010
Ok, I am sure so many people out there like myself are having problems finding a job. I'm a fresh grad (not so fresh after all, graduated in 2008). I am unable to find a job anywhere in UAE. what's up with that? seems like my four year degree in America is no more than a piece of paper to wipe my butt with, Right?

No seriously, why are interviewers expecting an MIS major fresh grad to know any programming language? How do I land a job in this country? Local or no local when it comes to working IT IS hard... right? or am I the only one having this problem? should I just lie in an interview?

Been a free loader for almost 2 years now, I really need to get a job, and I am playing by the rules, so why am I still jobless?

JBR_Resident
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Big Trouble in Little UAE Jan 13, 2010
I saw an article in the paper with IT companies and they said IT graduates aren't all that useful, yes they have an appreciation of the bigger picture but they take time to incorporate into the company unless they have very strong programming skills (which aren't degree dependant). A technician can be more useful!

You got to be able to get your hands dirty, the days of walking into a sexy managment job after university are well over!

Can you program? got any demos - stuff you have done in free time?

You got to prove your better than the competition, out of work interests?
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai