Advertising Agencies

Topic locked
Advertising Agencies Oct 29, 2008
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for names of professional advertising agencies whom I could approach for a executive position.

Before anyone starts flaming me, let me explain very quickly.
I came here from canada to secure a job in the Banking sector (where I was working before).
I have not had much luck with the recruiting agencies.
Personally, I would rather start from the bottom in Advertiing, since it actually interests me. I thought I could approach some of these places (that i've asked names for) personally and see if it gets me anywhere. :idea:

Help would be much appreciated!
Cheers,

dresden
Dubai chat master

Re: Advertising Agencies Oct 30, 2008
dresden wrote:Hey Guys,

I'm looking for names of professional advertising agencies whom I could approach for a executive position.

I came here from canada to secure a job in the Banking sector (where I was working before).
Personally, I would rather start from the bottom in Advertiing, since it actually interests me. I thought I could approach some of these places (that i've asked names for) personally and see if it gets me anywhere. :idea:

Cheers,

There is a list available from the AIAA (Association of International Advertising Agengies) who have a chapter here. 181 will get you the number.

Apart from that, pick up a copy of the Dubai Meida City directory, they are almost all listed there.

Good luck!

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dubai Knight wrote:There is a list available from the AIAA (Association of International Advertising Agengies) who have a chapter here. 181 will get you the number.

Apart from that, pick up a copy of the Dubai Meida City directory, they are almost all listed there.

Good luck!

Knight

Thanks Knight,
Any more advice on how to go about it? Or if its a plausible idea at all?
I'm quickly running out of ideas (and remaining days on my visa).

Cheers :)
dresden
Dubai chat master

dresden wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:There is a list available from the AIAA (Association of International Advertising Agengies) who have a chapter here. 181 will get you the number.

Good luck!

Knight

Thanks Knight,
Any more advice on how to go about it? Or if its a plausible idea at all?
I'm quickly running out of ideas (and remaining days on my visa).

Cheers :)

Difficult here. They are not into taking on trainees (there is no training here anyway) as they are looking for fully qualified bodies. It seems they expect the driver and the tea boy to have a degree then treat them as menials. I find that strange as there are hardly any agencies with any originality anyway.

I would try and find something that your qualifications are relevant to and then look at taking some courses so that you are more eligible to an agency.

You would do better to try and get into an agency outside the UAE first. Depends how determined you are.
Not much else I can offer on that front.

Good luck!

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Advertising Agencies Mar 13, 2009
dresden wrote:Hey Guys,

Cheers,

Hi

I appreciate all the things Dubai Knight has suggested you,apart from this you can also have a look at yellow pages uae for more information on job opportunities
asif.ahmed
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai